Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

11-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #67
SilentAttack
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

worst idea ever
      11-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #68
GotEM4
General
Rep
Drives: EM4

It looks so ghetto!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #69
bluekn8286
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BMW M3 Dinan S1

Oh dear
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #70
scheneider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M //AMG

2 much
      11-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #71
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

I want to say this is a perfect example of what NOT to do to an M4!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #72
JL M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Not a fan either but I think the pics on the website look much better.

If I had to choose, I would choose this over the vorsteiner as the side/quarter panel on this look much much better than the vorsteiner one.

http://www.libertywalk.co.jp/page.php?id=101
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #73
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #74
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
I'm pretty damn sure a lot of folks here know LB and have seen the LB E92s, Ferraris, etc.

However, that does not change the fact that this looks like complete shit. I personally think their E92 kits and the 458 kit looks ok (so do many others) but just because its Liberty Walk you expect everyone to like it?

This is a horrid M4 kit. The front, sides, the back, insanely ugly.

Kill it with fire.
When did I once say that everybody should like it? Maybe you should read back to where I even said it wasn't my taste. It doesn't look THAT much off from what their usual kits look like, and from the comments, it seems like a lot (not all) of members simply just don't know of Liberty Walk's stuff, hence my comment.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 10:46 AM   #75
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr
Quote:
I'm pretty damn sure a lot of folks here know LB and have seen the LB E92s, Ferraris, etc.

However, that does not change the fact that this looks like complete shit. I personally think their E92 kits and the 458 kit looks ok (so do many others) but just because its Liberty Walk you expect everyone to like it?

This is a horrid M4 kit. The front, sides, the back, insanely ugly.

Kill it with fire.
When did I once say that everybody should like it? Maybe you should read back to where I even said it wasn't my taste. It doesn't look THAT much off from what their usual kits look like, and from the comments, it seems like a lot (not all) of members simply just don't know of Liberty Walk's stuff, hence my comment.
If it was just the fenders it might still look fine. But this kit went overboard with the bumpers as well. The spoiler is also way more aggressive than any other one I
have seen them do.

In addition, the wrap and wheel choice compounds all these. It's just awful.

If this was black, with a decent wheel setup and the bumpers left stock, it would generate a much different response IMO.

In all honesty I love the LB 458, but that's the only LB kit I have ever really liked.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #76
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
If it was just the fenders it might still look fine. But this kit went overboard with the bumpers as well. The spoiler is also way more aggressive than any other one I
have seen them do.

If this was black, with a decent wheel setup and the bumpers left stock, it would generate a much different response IMO.

In all honesty I love the LB 458, but that's the only LB kit I have ever really liked.
I definitely agree about the color. They should've gone with something else.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #77
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
have seen them do.

I definitely agree about the color. They should've gone with something else.
Yea. A white 435 with the kit is floating around and it's actually decent.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #78
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
"Has nobody on here seriously heard of or seen LB's stuff before or something?"

That's your comment. I dont see a single comment saying "I have not heard of LB". With that said, what does it matter if anyone had seen or heard of LB? The car is less ugly because they have or havnt heard of LB? I'm trying to understand why your comment mattered.

Then you went on to say...

"Guess the LB 458 guys should all burn their cars too."

Sounds pretty butthurt to me!

Also, aside from the rivets on the wide body panels, this is not what LB generally looks like. Their E92 kit leaves the front and rear bumpers stock but they decided to make their own front and rear bumper replacements (extremely horrendous replacements) for the M4 which really help in making this car an all around shitbox. Even the riveted front fenders are comprised of 3 separate pieces and the lines dont line up.

All I'm saying is, aside from the rivets, this is unlike usual LB kits.
      11-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #79
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
"Has nobody on here seriously heard of or seen LB's stuff before or something?"

That's your comment. I dont see a single comment saying "I have not heard of LB". With that said, what does it matter if anyone had seen or heard of LB? The car is less ugly because they have or havnt heard of LB? I'm trying to understand why your comment mattered.

Then you went on to say...

"Guess the LB 458 guys should all burn their cars too."

Sounds pretty butthurt to me!

Also, aside from the rivets on the wide body panels, this is not what LB generally looks like. Their E92 kit leaves the front and rear bumpers stock but they decided to make their own front and rear bumper replacements (extremely horrendous replacements) for the M4 which really help in making this car an all around shitbox. Even the riveted front fenders are comprised of 3 separate pieces and the lines dont line up.

All I'm saying is, aside from the rivets, this is unlike usual LB kits.
You're obviously not getting what I'm trying to get across, so this is all I'll say: It's not my taste. I don't like it. But it doesn't seem that outrageous for Liberty Walk, aside from the rear. I'm sure a lot of fellow forum members have heard of LB, but the first two pages of comments made it seem like everybody was so "shocked" by it, and this kit doesn't seem that shocking for LB, in my opinion. That's what I was getting at. Not butthurt. Just a rhetorical question and an example, showing that there are other people, even with much more expensive taste, that are into the look that LB goes for. That's it. Try not to read too much into things next time.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #80
Jorgem2009
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 aw bmw M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M ARMY View Post
and the sad thing is..some people already have this on pre order.....someone with a black m4 back east
what do you think about the Widebody kings corvettes? I think he does a much cleaner widebody than anyone else
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #81
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Wow.
      11-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #82
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Wow.
      11-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #83
jballs16
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 RS6, RR LWB, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
You're obviously not getting what I'm trying to get across, so this is all I'll say: It's not my taste. I don't like it. But it doesn't seem that outrageous for Liberty Walk, aside from the rear. I'm sure a lot of fellow forum members have heard of LB, but the first two pages of comments made it seem like everybody was so "shocked" by it, and this kit doesn't seem that shocking for LB, in my opinion. That's what I was getting at. Not butthurt. Just a rhetorical question and an example, showing that there are other people, even with much more expensive taste, that are into the look that LB goes for. That's it. Try not to read too much into things next time.

Dude, get over it. This IS shocking... even for LB. I've seen their shit, I've chilled at LTMW, Long has worked on my old 335i. I get it, I'm in "the scene."

That doesn't dismiss the fact that LB went WAY over the top on this kit and in the end, it looks terrible.

Are there going to be forum members that put this on their car? Of course. I'm sure homeboy with the yellow e92 is salivating over it. But his appeal is to the 16-21 minority. No need to get all defensive when the majority speaks up and clearly isn't impressed.

I'm a fan of LB's ferrari and GTR. Their e92 is so-so. This new kit is comically bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #84
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballs16 View Post
Dude, get over it. This IS shocking... even for LB. I've seen their shit, I've chilled at LTMW, Long has worked on my old 335i. I get it, I'm in "the scene."

That doesn't dismiss the fact that LB went WAY over the top on this kit and in the end, it looks terrible.

Are there going to be forum members that put this on their car? Of course. I'm sure homeboy with the yellow e92 is salivating over it. But his appeal is to the 16-21 minority. No need to get all defensive when the majority speaks up and clearly isn't impressed.

I'm a fan of LB's ferrari and GTR. Their e92 is so-so. This new kit is comically bad.
I stated my opinion and reasoning very civally in my last response. What's to get over?

Last edited by Revartr; 11-04-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #85
bluekn8286
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BMW M3 Dinan S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gins
Hahaha!!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #86
Jay1994
Banned
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I think this is one of those things you need to see in person to appreciate. I think an M-Performance/liberty walk safety car M4 might actually look pretty good in person on some HRE s104
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #87
Jay1994
Banned
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Pic off their website
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #88
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Not sure if M4 or 435 (fender vent) but it looks cool in the plain white with better wheels.

The chrome M4 is still just horribly executed with terrible supporting mods.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0