BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-21-2021, 11:11 PM   #991
Nomana
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

How about this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 11:26 PM   #992
Abdul
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30b58pwr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
I would not jump into this blindly. I tried buying a large quantity myself and I had a horrible experience. I gave a deposit which was not refunded for 2 months. I was giving tracking numbers that had zero movement. The cheapest way to get these here is by sea and that is so shady. You don't get any tracking number till it gets to some random place in USA more than a month after you place the order. (I know this because this is pretty standard among these sellers. It's a strategy to avoid customs and lower shipping costs). There is an extra cost associated with paying via PayPal as well. When it's all said and done, it ends up being almost $400.00. On top of that, if you end up receiving a broken one, you have to ship it back to China on your own cost and wait for them to ship you a unit when you get it back. This last part is a deal breaker for me. Find a reputable local vendor who is selling it for a reasonable price. Paying the extra 100-200 is totally worth it at the end of the day. I went through this drama during my e46 days and it was a disaster!
Seems like a fake account for Abdul at Mpowersports... Your one and ONLY thread posted being a shill for M power sports, which clearly sounds like you were promoting the actuators you sell on your other account bimmerfest, Mpowersport and your website.

Also, besides that one thread you posted ALL your other threads say to "buy fromfrom a reputable vendor".interesting because you are basically inferring to buy from your other account who seems to be a reputable vendor of these OLED lights....

Any reason why you ONLY comment about mpowersports related stuff?
Come on my brother. lol. pjacobs Reveal yourself, my man. 😂😂😂
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 11:29 PM   #993
Abdul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul@mpowermotorsports View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30b58pwr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
I would not jump into this blindly. I tried buying a large quantity myself and I had a horrible experience. I gave a deposit which was not refunded for 2 months. I was giving tracking numbers that had zero movement. The cheapest way to get these here is by sea and that is so shady. You don't get any tracking number till it gets to some random place in USA more than a month after you place the order. (I know this because this is pretty standard among these sellers. It's a strategy to avoid customs and lower shipping costs). There is an extra cost associated with paying via PayPal as well. When it's all said and done, it ends up being almost $400.00. On top of that, if you end up receiving a broken one, you have to ship it back to China on your own cost and wait for them to ship you a unit when you get it back. This last part is a deal breaker for me. Find a reputable local vendor who is selling it for a reasonable price. Paying the extra 100-200 is totally worth it at the end of the day. I went through this drama during my e46 days and it was a disaster!
Seems like a fake account for Abdul at Mpowersports... Your one and ONLY thread posted being a shill for M power sports, which clearly sounds like you were promoting the actuators you sell on your other account bimmerfest, Mpowersport and your website.

Also, besides that one thread you posted ALL your other threads say to "buy fromfrom a reputable vendor".interesting because you are basically inferring to buy from your other account who seems to be a reputable vendor of these OLED lights....

Any reason why you ONLY comment about mpowersports related stuff?
Come on my brother. lol. pjacobs Reveal yourself, my man. 😂😂😂
Update. Anyone that's wants to jump on these, contact this seller. Look legit. I don't have the time nor the will power to do the f82 mights. I'm going to wait till the manufacturer that I'm talking to releases it. But I vetted this guy out and looks legit. They want to stick to retail. The only downside is the 40 day shipping time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 11:30 PM   #994
Abdul
Rep

Here is the link.

US $960.00 20% Off | Car Styling for F32 Tail Lights 2012-2019 F82 LED Tail Lamp M4 GTS Design led tail light 428i 435i DRL Signal auto Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mP1ZCTP
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 11:35 PM   #995
Abdul
Rep

Another update for those who paid their invoices.

I'll be shipping your sets out starting tomorrow and going into next week. I should be able to clear all of you from my current batch.

For this who PM'ed me asking for an invoice. I'll send you an invoice tomorrow. I was waiting on my confirmation for my next batch. Don't want to hold up your money for too long.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 12:00 AM   #996
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Another update for those who paid their invoices.

I'll be shipping your sets out starting tomorrow and going into next week. I should be able to clear all of you from my current batch.

For this who PM'ed me asking for an invoice. I'll send you an invoice tomorrow. I was waiting on my confirmation for my next batch. Don't want to hold up your money for too long.
Thanks for the update. I shot you a text about the color after paying my invoice. Want to make sure the correct lights are sent out as to avoid any miscommunication.
Appreciate 2
Abdul1037.50
mjponti19.00
      05-22-2021, 01:14 AM   #997
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC, M sport,THP

Quote:
Here is the link.

US $960.00 20% Off | Car Styling for F32 Tail Lights 2012-2019 F82 LED Tail Lamp M4 GTS Design led tail light 428i 435i DRL Signal auto Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mP1ZCTP
1000 bucks for aftermarket taillights is a lot. Isn't that about double f30 price? No way of knowing how long these will last. What is the likelihood that some of the oleds will burn out? Maybe if the manufacturer has a long reputation for quality. Does anyone even know who is actually making then? 1000 bucks wouldn't be that bad if they have a long warranty from a reputable company.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 06:56 AM   #998
Weytens
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by notslow View Post
1000 bucks for aftermarket taillights is a lot. Isn't that about double f30 price? No way of knowing how long these will last. What is the likelihood that some of the oleds will burn out? Maybe if the manufacturer has a long reputation for quality. Does anyone even know who is actually making then? 1000 bucks wouldn't be that bad if they have a long warranty from a reputable company.
The manufacterer is VLAND. I talked to them and the will only release them at the end of this month.
All the other sellers are only taking pre-order or are selling the samples of the manufacterer.
And they said these are less quality then the final product will be. All the samples are having problems with circuit boards or the startup sequence.
And that is the reason why Vland hasn't released them yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 10:35 AM   #999
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by notslow View Post
I can’t speak to long term durability of these lights as they are still new on my car (F80 M3). But VLAND apparently has a pretty good reputation for aftermarket automotive lighting in general. If I have any gripe about the design of these lights (and I am sure this is applicable to the F32/82 versions as well), it is the use of resistors. These resistors, which are necessary to make these lights a plug & play solution that does not need any coding, get very hot and can potentially damage/melt harness wiring if not installed properly. They can also fail pre-maturely as well (had that issue with another brand aftermarket tail light on a different vehicle). For this reason I removed 6 of the 8 resistors that came on the F30/80 tail lights (and also did some coding).

VLAND’s direct customer service is pretty good too based on my experience. One of my tails was damaged after install (due to my fault), requiring replacement. I contacted VLAND for a replacement (just one light, not an entire set), and they shipped it to me without having to pay full price for an entire new set. So while the price point may end up being higher for the F32/82, VLAND seems like a good manufacturer of these lights and will stand by their product.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 02:55 PM   #1000
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Do pre-LCI need the resistors if you do the coding?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 06:15 PM   #1001
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Do pre-LCI need the resistors if you do the coding?
Resistors should not be necessary if you do the coding, but you should test for faults first. Easy way to find out is when you get the lights, remove the resistors (the ones that plug in with harness connectors), install them and see if you get any errors. When I removed the resistors, I got a few, intermittent faults that I was able to code out using BimmerCode (I have LCI).

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 11:43 PM   #1002
f32ftw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435 xdrive

Does anyone know if this an official vland YouTube channel? They posted a video showing the F32/F82 OLED tail lights here:

https://youtu.be/AK_zpr-HoJs

I think I’ll wait until a reputable vendor offers these for sale.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 03:19 AM   #1003
Weytens
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ftw View Post
Does anyone know if this an official vland YouTube channel? They posted a video showing the F32/F82 OLED tail lights here:

I think I’ll wait until a reputable vendor offers these for sale.
I think yes, as i've seen that same care with the number plate advertising of VLAND

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 06:22 PM   #1004
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivef30 View Post
I been talking Abdul@mpowermotorsports for the past week and should be getting my set of F30/F80 lights in very soon. From what I can tell by speaking to him, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better vendor. He is in direct contact with VLAND and they are working out the kinks in the F82/F32 lights; therefore they aren't for sale yet. Obviously if Abdul wanted he can order the "prototypes" and sell them but they arent complete yet (just goes to show he isnt really doing it for the money and at the price he is selling, I am quite surprised he is even breaking even after shipping from VLAND/customs/taxes/paypal fees/shipping to customers lol) . Once I get my lights in I will definitely update the forums on my experience and fitment/quality of the lights.

That being said, I'd honestly wait till Abdul gets his hands on a batch of F82/F32 lights and can confirm their quality and can shipping from USA directly.
Or the guy he's talking to isn't actually the manufacturer and had no idea about them being in production already.

Get facts yourself, not from one "trusted' source.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 06:25 PM   #1005
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC, M sport,THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomana View Post
How about this?
Yes, please!!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #1006
f32ftw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435 xdrive

Seems that vland is selling them on Amazon now.

https://www.amazon.com/VLAND-Compatible-2014-2020-Sequential-Animation/dp/B095KB8BDN

Anyone can confirm if these are legit?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 01:22 AM   #1007
Abdul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivef30 View Post
I been talking Abdul@mpowermotorsports for the past week and should be getting my set of F30/F80 lights in very soon. From what I can tell by speaking to him, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better vendor. He is in direct contact with VLAND and they are working out the kinks in the F82/F32 lights; therefore they aren't for sale yet. Obviously if Abdul wanted he can order the "prototypes" and sell them but they arent complete yet (just goes to show he isnt really doing it for the money and at the price he is selling, I am quite surprised he is even breaking even after shipping from VLAND/customs/taxes/paypal fees/shipping to customers lol) . Once I get my lights in I will definitely update the forums on my experience and fitment/quality of the lights.

That being said, I'd honestly wait till Abdul gets his hands on a batch of F82/F32 lights and can confirm their quality and can shipping from USA directly.
Or the guy he's talking to isn't actually the manufacturer and had no idea about them being in production already.

Get facts yourself, not from one "trusted' source.
Here is a screenshot of our conversation.

My flights are booked and I'll be going to China in two weeks to get a tour of the manufacturing facilities barring any covid lockdowns.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 01:34 AM   #1008
Weytens
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ftw View Post
Seems that vland is selling them on Amazon now.

https://www.amazon.com/VLAND-Compatible-2014-2020-Sequential-Animation/dp/B095KB8BDN

Anyone can confirm if these are legit?
From what I see these are all pictures of OEM lights with the angled line in the oled panels.Chinese ones have straight line…
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 03:53 AM   #1009
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Quote:

My flights are booked and I'll be going to China in two weeks to get a tour of the manufacturing facilities barring any covid lockdowns.
Doesn't say much. I can rename anyone as VLAND CHINA in whatsapp.
Plus, your previous screenshots don't match up with the app used for chat neither do the usernames.

Just face it, aliexpress > any reseller (distributor) for private buyers. Sure you say you do this for minimal profits, but why should I even bother with a middleman? People are so afraid of aliexpress or ebay but US vendors buy from the same people and sell them at a profit. That's like getting scalped three times.

You've been saying it was fake and were samples this whole time and to not buy it. Seems like the person you're talking to is a reseller itself and doesn't know jack. And you wanting to be the main distributor "too" makes you sound desperate. How is KIES motorsport any less than you? I've never heard of your company.

Reminds me of the dude in the CANADA section trying to sell these for 1200cad until someone called him out for it.

Tough world out there, but I'm not gonna sit and watch small parties scalp others just because they heard bad things about aliexpress. I've received nothing but A+ products from them and saved myself thousands of dollars.

Sure if you're making sub 10% per set and is willing to provide QA and return policy then I get it that you're doing it for a good cause.

Last edited by notnow; 05-24-2021 at 03:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
Abdul1037.50
      05-24-2021, 04:53 AM   #1010
Abdul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Quote:

Doesn't say much. I can rename anyone as VLAND CHINA in whatsapp.
Plus, your previous screenshots don't match up with the app used for chat neither do the usernames.

Just face it, aliexpress > any reseller (distributor) for private buyers. Sure you say you do this for minimal profits, but why should I even bother with a middleman? People are so afraid of aliexpress or ebay but US vendors buy from the same people and sell them at a profit. That's like getting scalped three times.

You've been saying it was fake and were samples this whole time and to not buy it. Seems like the person you're talking to is a reseller itself and doesn't know jack. And you wanting to be the main distributor "too" makes you sound desperate. How is KIES motorsport any less than you? I've never heard of your company.

Reminds me of the dude in the CANADA section trying to sell these for 1200cad until someone called him out for it.

Tough world out there, but I'm not gonna sit and watch small parties scalp others just because they heard bad things about aliexpress. I've received nothing but A+ products from them and saved myself thousands of dollars.

Sure if you're making sub 10% per set and is willing to provide QA and return policy then I get it that you're doing it for a good cause.
My friend, you're dreading this discussion on for no reason. Didn't you see one of my previous posts where I provide a link and a screenshot to an aliexpress seller for the f32 lights? I don't you did otherwise, you won't be making a statement like this.

Secondly, you can buy from wherever you want. Kiess is selling them, buy from them. lol. The difference is that majority of the other vendors charge an ///M tax for no reason. People are buying from me because the price is extremely low compared to anything else out there.

Thirdly, the other screenshots were conversations with people that I don't know myself. I clearly mentioned that. Maybe they are resellers. Maybe not. Im doing all the research I can. We are all confused about the F32 lights up until now.
The ONLY manufacturer I'm dealing with is VLAND. And I'm not comfortable buying the F32 lights unless I'm buying it from them directly. Is that not reasonable? All my correspondence has been with them DIRECTLY.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 05:05 AM   #1011
Abdul
Rep

On a side note, I've never used aliexpress to buy anything in my life. So I can't tell how good or bad it is.

Of course there is nothing wrong with buying parts made in China. I sell tons of OEM lights. E39 M5 headlights. Euro Spec taillights for various cars. The build quality of these VLAND OLED lights is in the same discussion. No doubt about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 01:12 PM   #1012
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Abdul,

Sent you a pm about F80 OLED lights
Appreciate 1
Abdul1037.50