Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #23
J-Pizzle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3C  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Congrats and welcome to the world of BMW. I'm new to the forum as well but not new to the marque. Been driving them since I could afford them in 1996. Always nice to see a fellow Washingtonian on the list!
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 10:16 AM   #24
PapaSmurfM3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNovacane View Post
I'm from Tri-Cities and hoping to head back home soon and take my new (to me) toy with me

Hopefully we can mob once I'm around if we find each other in the same area
Right on! Are you moving back up this way then? I see you've got a Yas F80 also. I did see a Yas M4 driving around the other day, too. I know there are a few of us out here, though most people just drive a plain white pickup truck. Guess that is what you see in agricultural land
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #25
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
I'm from Tri-Cities and hoping to head back home soon and take my new (to me) toy with me

It must be bittersweet to leave the shores of Cali to head to west Pasco... lol but I also dont think I could do Cali long term. I was just in the Tri in November for a loss of family, but dont have any intentions on leaving the sunny SW for the cold north. Y'all are a different breed!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 01:18 PM   #26
PapaSmurfM3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
It must be bittersweet to leave the shores of Cali to head to west Pasco... lol but I also dont think I could do Cali long term. I was just in the Tri in November for a loss of family, but dont have any intentions on leaving the sunny SW for the cold north. Y'all are a different breed!
Living in the Northwest is a little tough for a few months per year but love the low taxes, property costs, and a little more freedom to mod the car without having to undo it all to get it smog tested (like in Cali). My wife is in the Agriculture biz so we have to go where the job is for her. I can work from anywhere with an internet connection.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #27
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurfM3 View Post
Living in the Northwest is a little tough for a few months per year but love the low taxes, property costs, and a little more freedom to mod the car without having to undo it all to get it smog tested (like in Cali). My wife is in the Agriculture biz so we have to go where the job is for her. I can work from anywhere with an internet connection.
Are you originally from Cali? Cause the costs of Washington are quite high comparative to other states. Hell Kennewick used to be cheaper and mow it’s wicked high. On par with larger cities. Only tax benefit is no income tax. That part was nice.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 02:39 PM   #28
JayNovacane
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Quote:

It's bittersweet in the sense I'm going back to see family... that's it.

Besides that, I wouldn't want to move back. Too cold on those seasons and not as exciting as it has been for me down here in the Central Coast

I work in Agriculture as well so it hasn't been too bad for me here in CA, but the cost of living in WA sure is more attractive!

I'm not too far from 5+ race tracks so that is a another nice perk that comes along with the nice weather
Appreciate 2