EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-26-2019, 10:31 AM   #1123
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswiff View Post
A dealer that came highly recommended has a m4 cs on the lot and he said they were aggressive on the pricing of the car, but the ballpark lease is 1200-1300 a month.... that's close to what I pay on my F90.
How recently are the buyers getting these monster deals? Wonder if some of the flagship/incentives have been removed.
Just read the previous page. You will see that your dealer is about $500 per month higher.
I've seen those deals which is what lead me to make some calls and reach out to dealers with inventory.
So far I've been laughed at, told I was crazy, and if these deals existed there would be no more cs for sale.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #1124
Tuscan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Public Transportation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A dealer that came highly recommended has a m4 cs on the lot and he said they were aggressive on the pricing of the car, but the ballpark lease is 1200-1300 a month.... that's close to what I pay on my F90.
How recently are the buyers getting these monster deals? Wonder if some of the flagship/incentives have been removed.
Just read the previous page. You will see that your dealer is about $500 per month higher.
I've seen those deals which is what lead me to make some calls and reach out to dealers with inventory.
So far I've been laughed at, told I was crazy, and if these deals existed there would be no more cs for sale.
Email GM's of 20 different dealers. Tell them you want 20% off before incentives and rebates and ready to lease before the end of the month. I think you will be able to land in a similar deal. You can also mention you already have a leased F90 which would show them you will be easily approved from BMWFS and make this sale quick.
      07-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #1125
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Email GM's of 20 different dealers. Tell them you want 20% off before incentives and rebates and ready to lease before the end of the month. I think you will be able to land in a similar deal. You can also mention you already have a leased F90 which would show them you will be easily approved from BMWFS and make this sale quick.
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try that.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 12:47 PM   #1126
Tuscan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Public Transportation

Np. Good luck.
      07-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #1127
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Show them this as well:
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Oswiff162.00
      07-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #1128
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
Show them this as well:
Thanks. Appreciate this
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #1129
trendy26
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Show them this as well:
Thanks. Appreciate this
Best of luck! Others have been successful using my lease sheet and getting a similar deal....
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #1130
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Show them this as well:
Thanks. Appreciate this
Best of luck! Others have been successful using my lease sheet and getting a similar deal....
Emailed this over to a dealer and was told verbatim "what do you want me to do with this? This means nothing to me."
Same guy who said these deals don't exist and if it did there wouldn't be any cs's left.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #1131
trendy26
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Show them this as well:
Thanks. Appreciate this
Emailed this over to a dealer and was told verbatim "what do you want me to do with this? This means nothing to me."
Same guy who said these deals don't exist and if it did there wouldn't be any cs's left.
Yeah it's all about finding the right dealer who has half a brain..... Some dealers just simply don't get it and would rather wait for the chance to make a few grand more instead of a guaranteed sale that will open up more allocations for them....
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #1132
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Show them this as well:
Thanks. Appreciate this
Yeah it's all about finding the right dealer who has half a brain..... Some dealers just simply don't get it and would rather wait for the chance to make a few grand more instead of a guaranteed sale that will open up more allocations for them....
Sooner or later when dealerships are saturated with 2020 cs, they must let 2019 go so be patient

Best thing you can do is to lock the rates for july since it has good incentives and find the dealer in case your search gets longer
Appreciate 1
Oswiff162.00
      07-27-2019, 06:21 PM   #1133
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Show them this as well:
Thanks. Appreciate this
Couldn't agree more. Not sure why some dealers won't at least acknowledge that there are deals out there rather than ignore or imply it's false information. Either way, thanks to this thread, I know it's out there.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #1134
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

A lot of dealers are, frankly, borderline incompetent in selling cars. They don’t seem to understand that they’re selling a fungible product and not a Mona Lisa. Their advantage is (or should be) in moving volume, rather than maximizing profit on each and every car - that approach is a race to the bottom and in markets with a lot of competition, it’s a quick road to poor performance. What really gets me is dealers offering submarket discounts on low volume (eg M cars) vehicles that have been stuck in inventory for months. It’s like “dude, your hypothetical buyer willing to take the car at your measly discount hasn’t showed up ... in months ... next model year is already here ... and you’re paying floor plan and tying up capital you can use on the next car ... and these cars are doing nothing but depreciating with every single day, it’s not a collectible ... just play ball on your car and try again on the next one at least”. Dealers have close to zero leverage in most markets - it’s a buyer’s market due to selling the same exact product. It seems so obvious yet apparently not.
Appreciate 2
gatorfast5017.00
trendy26423.50
      07-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #1135
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
A lot of dealers are, frankly, borderline incompetent in selling cars. They don’t seem to understand that they’re selling a fungible product and not a Mona Lisa. Their advantage is (or should be) in moving volume, rather than maximizing profit on each and every car - that approach is a race to the bottom and in markets with a lot of competition, it’s a quick road to poor performance. What really gets me is dealers offering submarket discounts on low volume (eg M cars) vehicles that have been stuck in inventory for months. It’s like “dude, your hypothetical buyer willing to take the car at your measly discount hasn’t showed up ... in months ... next model year is already here ... and you’re paying floor plan and tying up capital you can use on the next car ... and these cars are doing nothing but depreciating with every single day, it’s not a collectible ... just play ball on your car and try again on the next one at least”. Dealers have close to zero leverage in most markets - it’s a buyer’s market due to selling the same exact product. It seems so obvious yet apparently not.
There are a lot more factors at play than being competent or not
I have bought a lot of cars over the past several years and became friends with multiple GMs and couple of owners and thus have some insight about what goes on
1. Not every dealership operates using the same business model... Some focus on volume , others focus on profit per car and some are in between. In general privately owned dealerships focus on profit/car and they have been around for years and maybe couple of generations and they are still in business so you can't argue with that
2. Human behavior repeats itself.. They can always count on a customer stopping by and falling in love with what they have on the lot , and buy a car. I have seen cars sold after over a year on the lot close to sticker, because some people don't have a clue about cars/model year etc.
3. A lot of people will buy local even if they know, that they can get a better deal somewhere else. Some people still believe that your local dealer will not service your car unless you bought from that dealer
4. A lot of people waste their money for whatever reason and spending on a car is no different.
5. I can go on for a while
Botton line : I look at it as a positive. I am glad that the dealers have different business models , and not all customers demand same aggressive deals
An old lady told me once " It takes all kind of people for the world to turn around" and I fully agree with that
Appreciate 1
Clark_Kent2232.00
      07-28-2019, 08:03 PM   #1136
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

There’s not much reason to tirelessly debate this . 3 of your 5 points amount to hoping/waiting for an uninformed/financially frivolous buyer. No doubt they exist, but I’d find that a risky bet - particularly when a car has already been sitting on the lot for many months (so empirically it’s either not catching that eye of a buyer and/or pricing isn’t working). Sure someone can come in tomorrow but my point is that’s a seemingly unintelligent way to operate car sales, particularly for low volume vehicles to begin with.

There are of course different strategies dealers employ. And it behooves them to be aware of their market, which is constantly in flux and varies by model. If you’re the sole BMW dealer in a 100 mile radius, sure, you have some leverage over customers. But if you’re in a saturated area with lots of competition, it’s going to be tough to operate on maxing out profit/car. If you’re a dealer that gets choice and limited allocations on rare cars? Yup, you can milk that too. Porsche does this well for their high end 911s and of course Ferrari is famous for not selling you a car even if you have the money. BMW, of course, doesn’t generally have this luxury - occasionally they’ll release a new relatively limited car and dealers with early allocations can capitalize on that (eg upcoming M8 is likely to be next example).

Also, some dealers might be great at moving other models - they’re just incompetent when it comes to more specialized vehicles, perhaps ones whose buyers, on avg, are more informed. Or their service dept knocks it out of the park, or whatever. Them “being in business” is a somewhat low bar.

Again, at the end of the day, they’re selling a fungible product 99% of the time. These aren’t bespoke products like handmade art or real estate or collectibles. There’s virtually zero chance any car they’re holding will gain value while it’s in their possession. They need to move them as their value is only dropping, or their competitors will.

It’s fine (and expected) that not everyone seeks aggressive deals. There’s a bell curve and associated tails. I’m hoping most people on this forum have enough informational advantage to be in the right tail .
Appreciate 1
khanyam4801.50
      07-29-2019, 01:09 AM   #1137
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

https://www.swapalease.com/mobile/le...?salid=1388336. This guy is asking for some serious cash down.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 07:16 PM   #1138
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
https://www.swapalease.com/mobile/le...?salid=1388336. This guy is asking for some serious cash down.
$7500 / 34months = $220/month
$739 + $220 = $959/month

Its not that bad of deal actually if you look at this one. This one is sold with same amount of down with about $100 cheaper in payment but $6000 lower in msrp
https://www.swapalease.com/mobile/le...?salid=1375212

Just pointers to those who are still looking for one. Bmw san luis obispo(CA) is willing give 19.3% off msrp before incentives

Selling the car at 93,500 msrp is 115,815
It feels like you can actually push more for more discount. Just got an email from general manager

Someone try
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #1139
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
$7500 / 34months = $220/month
$739 + $220 = $959/month

Its not that bad of deal actually if you look at this one. This one is sold with same amount of down with about $100 cheaper in payment but $6000 differences in msrp
https://www.swapalease.com/mobile/le...?salid=1375212
He wants $13100 down. He's looking for MSDS as well in addition to the $7500 down. MSDS of $5600, you do get that money back but not every is going to dish out 13k upfront lol
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #1140
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Im trying to help anyone who is still looking for CS

Bmw San luis Obispo is willing to sell their SMB for 21% off msrp before incentives

Msrp is 115k
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 12:19 PM   #1141
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Bmw San luis Obispo is willing to sell their SMB for 21% off msrp before incentives

Msrp is 115k
Are you negotiating with them on behalf of the forum?

That’s a good deal if they’ll do base MF and not play backend games.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 12:21 PM   #1142
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
Quote:

Msrp is 115k
Are you negotiating with them on behalf of the forum?

That’s a good deal if they’ll do base MF and not play backend games.
I actually am lol. The manager barely called me yesterday after emailing them a few weeks ago when i was in market
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 12:37 PM   #1143
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I actually am lol. The manager barely called me yesterday after emailing them a few weeks ago when i was in market
Yeah, it's month end so they're likely trying to (even more) aggressively get rid of the car.

If any forum members are still in the market but aren't local to that dealer, I'd ask them if they would also cover (and arrange) enclosed shipping and then take the deal (again, assuming buy rate MF and nothing funny in the deal). If you're local, take another 2% off the dealer discount, tell them you'll close this month, and see where you net out.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 12:42 PM   #1144
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
Quote:
Well a lot of us have gotten on average a $30K discount on our CS's, brand new without any sort of damage on them. If it were me, I'd stay away and try to find another CS that hasn't had any prior damage as you should be able to get a really good deal on it.....
I get you, it's just that it's extremely hard to find a new 2018 M3CS. There's literally a handful of them out there...
I have an SMB M3CS if you're interested. 7k miles on odometer