R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #45
Bryanh24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
Because the threads were deleted...
Y'all still on this thread deleting bs? Damn lmao
      12-11-2019, 01:21 AM   #46
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjaspreet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwuwux3 View Post
i just did the pure stage 2 with a cary jordan 91 octane tune. let me know if you have any questions. i didnt go for e85 for the same reasons you listed.
Quote:
i just did the pure stage 2 with a cary jordan 91 octane tune. let me know if you have any questions. i didnt go for e85 for the same reasons you listed.
Did you dyno your car to get any numbers on 91 octane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjaspreet View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Did you dyno your car to get any numbers on 91 octane?
525 WHP and 530 WTQ on a mustang heartbreaker dyno
      12-11-2019, 01:41 AM   #47
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
525 WHP and 530 WTQ on a mustang heartbreaker dyno
That seems low, our DynaPack is a heart breaker but that seems insanely low

I'm tuning aBMWfan's car tomorrow morning. I'll post the before and after ......
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #48
Bryanh24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
That seems low, our DynaPack is a heart breaker but that seems insanely low

I'm tuning aBMWfan's car tomorrow morning. I'll post the before and after ......
What is done to aBMWfan's car again? I know he is running pure turbos but not sure if he has meth, PI, what kind of fuel, etc. But yes definitely post the numbers!
      12-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #49
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanh24 View Post
What is done to aBMWfan's car again? I know he is running pure turbos but not sure if he has meth, PI, what kind of fuel, etc. But yes definitely post the numbers!
Just bolt ons plus PURE Stage2+
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #50
Bryanh24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
Just bolt ons plus PURE Stage2+
Oh okay great! Keep us updated!
      12-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #51
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Oh okay great! Keep us updated!
Hey guys, unfortunately things didn’t turn out the way we expected it to, I’m going to create a separate thread documenting the issue and what I’m going to do to resolve it and hopefully hold the at-fault accountable.

Justin and his team have been fantastic all they did was set-up the custom tune, they did not install. It’s something to do with whoever sold me the turbos most likely. I will keep everyone posted. My initial advice, only buy brand new turbos!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #52
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
Hey guys, unfortunately things didn’t turn out the way we expected it to, I’m going to create a separate thread documenting the issue and what I’m going to do to resolve it and hopefully hold the at-fault accountable.

Justin and his team have been fantastic all they did was set-up the custom tune, they did not install. It’s something to do with whoever sold me the turbos most likely. I will keep everyone posted. My initial advice, only buy brand new turbos!
I can only imagine your disappointment. Nothing like getting all excited only to have plans cancelled last minute. But, better them off your car than on your car!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #53
Bryanh24
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Aw man that's unfortunate to hear! But luckily you guys caught the issue before the install which is great. I was thinking about buying used turbos on here but was very apprehensive as you never know if the seller could be trying to screw you. And not being able to see the turbos in person before you buy makes it even worse. Anyways my Vargas GC turbos just shipped out today and will have them installed ASAP once they get in. I will keep you updated.
      12-12-2019, 08:51 PM   #54
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

Quote:

Bummer. Feel free to shoot me an email if we can help.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #55
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Quote:

Aw man that's unfortunate to hear! But luckily you guys caught the issue before the install which is great. I was thinking about buying used turbos on here but was very apprehensive as you never know if the seller could be trying to screw you. And not being able to see the turbos in person before you buy makes it even worse. Anyways my Vargas GC turbos just shipped out today and will have them installed ASAP once they get in. I will keep you updated.
Sounds like the turbos were already installed (not by AutoTalent) and they found out they were bad during Dyno tuning. If the seller knew the turbos were bad and didn't disclose that info, what a horrible person.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 09:17 AM   #56
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXiMUS View Post
If the seller knew the turbos were bad and didn't disclose that info, what a horrible person.
Sorry, had to. Most quotable movie ever.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11475.50
      12-13-2019, 10:30 AM   #57
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

The first part is 100% correct, the second part we are verifying
Appreciate 0