Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #23
Jbonly21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 15 F80, 2011 X5 35i, E46 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedc5 View Post
spun your crankhub. Tow to ssr asap and make a thread.
😂😂
      05-26-2020, 01:06 PM   #24
CT92F80
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzM3 View Post
I feel your pain. I've been battling a drivetrain malfunction on my '18 M3 with only 6K mi. Whenever I get on it (not a kick down) it throws drivetrain malfunction and the engine runs rough. When I checked the codes it says that injector & cylinder#5 was shutdown. So far the dealer here in Germany has been great and they have replaced all injectors, spark plugs and done a upper cylinder cleaning. Still no luck solving the issue and my car is still at the dealer awaiting wiring bundle to arrive. I have faith they will figure out the issue as they are in contact with BMW engineering in Munich but hopefully they won't have to change the engine as I would like to take it on some road trips soon.
Check your ignition coils. My buddy had the same issue. The dealer replaced the coils and plugs. Car runs perfect now
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:55 PM   #25
Bencun
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 f80

Man that's a real shame. I don't understand why this would be happening, thanks for sharing your post. Hope all turns out well and your back on the road in no time.
      05-27-2020, 01:27 AM   #26
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bencun View Post
Man that's a real shame. I don't understand why this would be happening, thanks for sharing your post. Hope all turns out well and your back on the road in no time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT92F80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzM3 View Post
I feel your pain. I've been battling a drivetrain malfunction on my '18 M3 with only 6K mi. Whenever I get on it (not a kick down) it throws drivetrain malfunction and the engine runs rough. When I checked the codes it says that injector & cylinder#5 was shutdown. So far the dealer here in Germany has been great and they have replaced all injectors, spark plugs and done a upper cylinder cleaning. Still no luck solving the issue and my car is still at the dealer awaiting wiring bundle to arrive. I have faith they will figure out the issue as they are in contact with BMW engineering in Munich but hopefully they won't have to change the engine as I would like to take it on some road trips soon.
Check your ignition coils. My buddy had the same issue. The dealer replaced the coils and plugs. Car runs perfect now
Yea I think that's actually what the service advisor (German) meant. It just got lost in translation lol. They are changing the ignition coils.
Quote:
Thanks, I'm hoping to get the car back today.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 1
Bencun3.00
      05-27-2020, 11:08 PM   #27
Bencun
Australia
Rep

Just heard back from BMW. It is a mechanical issue, the variable valve motor is the issue which in turn caused the electrical issue. Unbelievable I think, a car of this caliber to have this issue is not good in my opinion. The part could take as long as a week if it is needed to be shipped from Germany... has anyone had this issue and could this be a start to many other problems?
      05-28-2020, 04:35 PM   #28
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Just heard back from BMW. It is a mechanical issue, the variable valve motor is the issue which in turn caused the electrical issue. Unbelievable I think, a car of this caliber to have this issue is not good in my opinion. The part could take as long as a week if it is needed to be shipped from Germany... has anyone had this issue and could this be a start to many other problems?
Maybe you bought a friday car.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 04:45 PM   #29
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Maybe you need to drive it more so the fluids and stuff move and get lubricated.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #30
Bencun
Australia
Rep

I've only had the car for a month, car is driven daily since I've got it. I'm sure this isn't the issue. maybe I got a lemon!!! what's odd it's only after the running in check these issues started. its got 3 years full new car warranty but it is still a bad experience...