Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

07-20-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
F80Mmm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 M3 ZCP, 09 E90 335i 6MT

2009 BMW 335i 6MT/MHD Wedge Custom E60/VTT Inlets/VRSF DP's/VRSF 7" HD FMIC/Boost Concepts FPM-1 E85 Fuel Pump/BMS DCI/BMW PE/ER CP/Tial BOV/BMS OCC/RB PCV/19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's Deep Concave/Michelin PS4S/Ohlins R&T Coilovers/Swift Springs/Spec Stg 2+/Icon Motorsports M3 Rep Front Bumper

Last edited by F80Mmm; 08-16-2020 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 09:32 PM   #2
henizwhoa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F83 AW M+E package

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Mmm View Post
Asking for a friend, seeking referrals for a DUI attorney for Santa Clara County. Thanks.
1st offense? Misdemeanor or felony DUI? Unless your friend is trying to fight the DUI charge, I wouldn't hire an attorney for DUI. It's a total waste of money. If it's 1st offense, he'll likely get community service, DUI class, and a fine. With Covid-19, I'm not sure what they are doing with community service and classes these days.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 09:36 PM   #3
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by henizwhoa View Post
1st offense? Misdemeanor or felony DUI? Unless your friend is trying to fight the DUI charge, I wouldn't hire an attorney for DUI. It's a total waste of money. If it's 1st offense, he'll likely get community service, DUI class, and a fine. With Covid-19, I'm not sure what they are doing with community service and classes these days.
i think you left out the license suspension

although i do agree; all lawyers are in co hoots with the courts and their only interest is plea bargaining so they can rinse and repeat.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2020, 09:17 PM   #4
henizwhoa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F83 AW M+E package

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by henizwhoa View Post
i think you left out the license suspension

although i do agree; all lawyers are in co hoots with the courts and their only interest is plea bargaining so they can rinse and repeat.
License suspension is only for the 1st 30 days, you can get a restricted license for school and work after the 1st month of the arrest. I should just become a DUI lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 01:59 AM   #5
XnogarD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: TOO FAST

Garage List
License suspension is a hard 30 days and depending if he consent to the breathalyzer on the field.. If he didn't consent to the breathalyzer, then its a hard 1 year suspension without possibility of a restricted license. 1st time will have to do the 3 months DUI classes and may have to do an additional MADD course. And after that new law passed, an ignition lock is required to be installed for X amount of months, if he's granted privileges to drive.

been there, done that
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 02:05 AM   #6
elinstylez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XnogarD View Post
License suspension is a hard 30 days and depending if he consent to the breathalyzer on the field.. If he didn't consent to the breathalyzer, then its a hard 1 year suspension without possibility of a restricted license. 1st time will have to do the 3 months DUI classes and may have to do an additional MADD course. And after that new law passed, an ignition lock is required to be installed for X amount of months, if he's granted privileges to drive.

been there, done that
Have you ever had a IID device installed? Curious how much it costs and how hard it is to use. Can't imagine having to install one in the m3...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 02:42 AM   #7
XnogarD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: TOO FAST

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elinstylez View Post
Have you ever had a IID device installed? Curious how much it costs and how hard it is to use. Can't imagine having to install one in the m3...
Nope, that law came into affect the year after I was sentenced.
Appreciate 0