R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-16-2021, 07:14 AM   #111
TexasF80
Legend
Rep
Drives: M3, RR, S2k, X1, JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbonly21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasF80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbonly21 View Post
Quote:
Looks like it is adjustable, who wants to be the first one to play with it

This thing is no where near water resistant. Hide it well, I may silicon seal it since it sits under the hood.
Haha sweet, It does look like it's at 80%. I might just put it at 50% . Thanks

Update, so I want ahead and move the arrow to the middle, so far it's the prefect setting, now venting is between 2-3k rpms at 50% throttle .
Sick, going to adjust mine can't wait for the powder coasters to finish my pipe so I can slap it on. I wired everything up already so it's just the pipe.

Are you tuned with BM3 by chance?
I am tuned with dinan stage 2, just got back from my canyon drive and I am happy to say it's a lot of fun at 50 % throttle :.
Pumped!!!!
Jbonly211043.50
      05-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #112
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Looks like it is adjustable, who wants to be the first one to play with it

This thing is no where near water resistant. Hide it well, I may silicon seal it since it sits under the hood.
I adjusted mine to 50%. It's not that it made a big change. I notice the most release (sound) when dumping at around 3500 RPM. It's not loud but not quiet. If you car has burbles on I'm sure you wouldn't hear it much. My burbles are off, and it's not loud when releasing air.
M3ZCPNYC575.50
      05-17-2021, 10:20 AM   #113
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I am curious if anyone is able to fit another BOV onto this, I would love to rice out a little and put this on a switch.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 10:12 PM   #114
GT_Juls
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G82 M4

Any chance the HKS bov is able to be used? Im a sucker for that chirp noise from my jdm days.
      05-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #115
TexasF80
Legend
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
I am curious if anyone is able to fit another BOV onto this, I would love to rice out a little and put this on a switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan315 View Post
Any chance the HKS bov is able to be used? Im a sucker for that chirp noise from my jdm days.
TiAL fits, HKS needs an adaptor
      05-27-2021, 05:20 PM   #116
TexasF80
Legend
Rep

Finally got the main pipe back from powdercoat. Underwhelming 😞 even at 50% it is hard to hear over my front mounts.

Hopefully the TiAL will be louder...
      05-27-2021, 06:04 PM   #117
landonvan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
I’m sorry i heard this today. It makes your car sound like a shitty turbo civic. Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #118
TexasF80
Legend
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by landonvan View Post
I'm sorry i heard this today. It makes your car sound like a shitty turbo civic. Just my opinion
Naw. Now even I the same realm of loudness.

Put the TiAL Q on and it's quieter than the TS Raceport. They always tends to be quieter than most and it proved to be the same here. Couldn't get my phone to get good audio of the Q even with the windows up.

I adjusted the box to ~30% after trying a bunch of settings. Seems to be the sweet spot for me. Once my daughter gets home I'll get some outside of the car videos. At 30% you can get it to go off without much effort which is fun.

Reality, doesn't sound any louder than when I run Blitz filters on my front mounts. At least from the inside. It is definitely not ricer loud by any means. To hear it I have to have my exhaust valves closed, otherwise my catless DP and single mid pipe overwhelm any sound you will hear up front.

Worth it 🤷*♂️ it's fun but if you want full boy ricer, you will need a HKS SSQV, TurboXS RFL, or something like that.
      06-15-2021, 12:07 AM   #119
Jbonly21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 15 F80, 2011 X5 35i, E46 M

Has anyone tried a different valve?
      06-15-2021, 04:53 PM   #120
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

I much rather prefer the large belch the waste gates make when pulling back the throttle and dumping the boost. It's very unique to the car. I think I would like this mod for about a day then I would absolutely hate it. Always good to hang options though.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 12:05 PM   #121
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry i heard this today. It makes your car sound like a shitty turbo civic. Just my opinion

Put the TiAL Q on and it's quieter than the TS Raceport. They always tends to be quieter than most and it proved to be the same here. Couldn't get my phone to get good audio of the Q even with the windows up.

I adjusted the box to ~30% after trying a bunch of settings. Seems to be the sweet spot for me. Once my daughter gets home I'll get some outside of the car videos. At 30% you can get it to go off without much effort which is fun.

Reality, doesn't sound any louder than when I run Blitz filters on my front mounts. At least from the inside. It is definitely not ricer loud by any means. To hear it I have to have my exhaust valves closed, otherwise my catless DP and single mid pipe overwhelm any sound you will hear up front.

Worth it 🤷*♂️ it's fun but if you want full boy ricer, you will need a HKS SSQV, TurboXS RFL, or something like that.
You're absolutely right. Yours sounds just like mine
      07-17-2021, 07:29 PM   #122
TexasF80
Legend
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettjusmc View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You're absolutely right. Yours sounds just like mine
Just found out this bad boy fits the flange. I may pick it up for fun.

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/b...a-bov-sleeper/
Jbonly211043.50
      07-26-2021, 06:36 PM   #123
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just found out this bad boy fits the flange. I may pick it up for fun.

https://www.turbosmart.com/product/b...a-bov-sleeper/
That could be fun!
      07-31-2021, 03:27 PM   #124
TexasF80
Legend
Rep

Any reason why the attached couldn't be used to run the BOV? This would be installed on the MAP sensor post throttle body. Trying to figure out why there is a solenoid even needed.
Attached Images

08-02-2021, 11:35 AM   #125
RoccoMarcellus
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Has anyone had any luck installing a HKS BOV on this system ?
Appreciate 1
thestimp966.00
      01-11-2022, 12:07 AM   #126
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 240i xDrive

Anyone have any updates?
previous
'08 E90 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 04:29 PM   #127
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Any reason why the attached couldn't be used to run the BOV? This would be installed on the MAP sensor post throttle body. Trying to figure out why there is a solenoid even needed.
Because it's before throttle body. If you take your foot off the gas, that area is still under boost and not a vacuum.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 01:31 AM   #128
BoostinLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:

Where did you find a blitz filter that fits the front mounts?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 02:38 AM   #129
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarlcase View Post
Quote:

Where did you find a blitz filter that fits the front mounts?
The Blitz filters can fit depending on which Blitz Filter you use (C1, C2, C3, C4) and what the outer diameter of the intake outlets are. There are also other Stainless Steel Mesh filters out on the market all the way from shops like BoostLogic that run about $100 a filter to other Stainless Steel Mesh filters you'll find for pretty cheap on Aliexpress.
previous
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 12:11 AM   #130
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone have any updates with their BMS Blow-Off Valve? I'm curious to see if you could make it any louder.
previous
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 02:21 PM   #131
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBobby Jr View Post
Anyone have any updates with their BMS Blow-Off Valve? I'm curious to see if you could make it any louder.
Quote:
I really don't. We had some nice weather this week and I played around with It. I wouldn't buy it a second time. I don't want something screaming loud but it also shouldn't be so hard to hear it. If there is a mod to give it more sound I'd probably like it a lot more.
      03-14-2022, 09:57 PM   #132
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettjusmc View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I really don't. We had some nice weather this week and I played around with It. I wouldn't buy it a second time. I don't want something screaming loud but it also shouldn't be so hard to hear it. If there is a mod to give it more sound I'd probably like it a lot more.
I agree with your statement, the F8X makes quite a bit of noises in general as far as the exhaust, wastegates, intake, burbles, etc. With all that it's difficult to hear the BOV but even on a completely stock car without burbles it's still somewhat hard to hear. Hopefully somebody will update this thread with a way to make the BOV louder.
previous
Appreciate 0