European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-02-2020, 12:17 PM   #23
StockF82M4
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
I'm not sure if you were already aware but in Arizona you can't get actual E85 anywhere. The state passed a bill a few years ago banning sales of E85 and said the highest ethanol content that can be sold is E54. So even if you upgrade turbos you probably won't be able to utilize any additional fueling like PI or meth
I actually had no clue. Damn... Well that blows. And to be honest, I dont even know what PI and meth are. I'm very new to this and I'm trying to learn and understand using fuel alternatives and mixtures.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #24
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockF82M4 View Post

I actually had no clue. Damn... Well that blows. And to be honest, I dont even know what PI and meth are. I'm very new to this and I'm trying to learn and understand using fuel alternatives and mixtures.
On stock turbos you won't need PI (port injection) or meth (methanol injection). On upgraded turbos the fuel system can only really handle up to around E30 so if you want to be able to run full E85 to get the most out of the upgraded turbos thats when people use PI or meth in order to increase their fueling capability. So with E54 only being available it probably wouldn't be worth it on upgraded turbos to spend all the money just to run barely more ethanol than you could run on the stock fuel system
Appreciate 1