Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-12-2022, 09:44 PM   #23
N44RP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Isn’t OEM thousands of dollars?
Fitment is key, I’ve seen someone fit an oem hood to their car and it looked like poo. If you’re not going to go through the steps of fitting the hood then OEM makes no difference.

Aluminum will get you 90% of the way there
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 10:08 AM   #24
PaulaBowen
Rep
Drives: Lexus x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_m4 View Post
Quick update:

Got an Aluminum GTS hood from Horizon Motorsport, and I'd say the fitment is 8.5-9/10! Overall fitment is pretty good, and little adjustments were needed to be done. Very happy with the result!
Wow, that's really cool and beautiful! I love it so much!!!Like it!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 07:09 AM   #25
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80

Adding my experience to the conversation....and a bunch of pix so you judge me for my fitment.

I grabbed my hood from Kevin at https://absautorepair.com/. I had to wait a good month or two for delivery due to COVID and port delays but I wasn't in a rush. I finally got my car out of paint this past week and wanted to share my fitment and also compliments to Kevin from ABS during his part. Kevin was quick to respond to my texts and kept me update along the way. We all know these come from the same place more or less but Kevin was upfront on IF there was any damage or issues that we'd figure something out.

I did not use the vent provided with the hood. I ordered the OEM one from ECSTuning.

I had my body shop paint the hood, front bumper, front side panels, had a door dinged repainted, driver and passenger rear quarter panels due to rock chips... so much need TLC.

I had no issues with shipping and I'd say no real issues with fitment. 9.5/10 IMO.

View post on imgur.com

I went with a black painted finish on the bottom
View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by Mp3Supply; 08-08-2022 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 2
bigj505359.00
Redacre369.00
      05-31-2022, 12:07 PM   #26
Redacre
6 Cylinders 3 Ways
Rep
Drives: M5, 911, Macan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3Supply View Post
Adding my experience to the conversation....and a bunch of pix so you judge me for my fitment.

I grabbed my hood from Kevin at https://absautorepair.com/. I had to wait a good month or two for delivery due to COVID and port delays but I wasn't in a rush. I finally got my car out of paint this past week and wanted to share my fitment and also compliments to Kevin from ABS during his part. Kevin was quick to respond to my texts and kept me update along the way. We all know these come from the same place more or less but Kevin was upfront on IF there was any damage or issues that we'd figure something out.

I did not use the vent provided with the hood. I ordered the OEM one from ECSTuning.

I had my body shop paint the hood, front bumper, front side panels, had a door dinged repainted, driver and passenger rear quarter panels due to rock chips... so much need TLC.

I had no issues with shipping and I'd say no real issues with fitment. 9.5/10 IMO.
That looks so much better than the one I got from 1NE Performance, wow congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 01:28 AM   #27
nick_xd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Sick car man! What CF front lip and side skirts are you running? Whole setup looks great

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 06:12 AM   #28
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep

@nick_xd
OEM M-Performance front lip

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...er-replacement

Side skirts - RKP CF Side skirts

https://ind-distribution.com/product...side-skirt-set
Cosmetic: Full Body PPF, RSC Front Splittler, AUTOTECKNIC V1 Front Grill, M-Perf CF Side Vents, RSC CF Side Skirts, RW Carbon Rear Winglets, Painted Black Exhaust, Amber Deletes,
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 09:40 AM   #29
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
Quote:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Look good I also ordered a GTS hood from ABS. Kevin is great to deal with.

I won't be using the supplied hood vent since I have an oem vent. Did you have to make any modifications to make it fit?
      08-14-2022, 07:56 AM   #30
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep

Nope, nothing that my shop made me aware of, so I assume it snapped right it nice and snug
Cosmetic: Full Body PPF, RSC Front Splittler, AUTOTECKNIC V1 Front Grill, M-Perf CF Side Vents, RSC CF Side Skirts, RW Carbon Rear Winglets, Painted Black Exhaust, Amber Deletes,
Appreciate 0