Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

02-05-2024, 09:36 AM   #1
NimnizM4
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Powerflex rear diff bushing 1 or 2

Hello,

I’m deciding whether I should get run 1 powerflex purple rear diff bushing or get the bracket and run 2 powerflex purple rear diff bushings.

I bought just 1 purple powerflex rear diff bushing and seen many people run the bracket but I was wondering if it’s necessary for casual driving with maybe a pull or two.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 06:37 PM   #2
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Heya,

I went with the bracket and doubled up. It made the rear end sooooo stable and planted. I am sure most of it was the bushing, but my mechanic (f80 guy himself, and works on tons of F8x) pushed me to get the double to prevent having to drop the diff again.

I did have NVH, but from from the ECS front diff bushings, not the rears.

good luck!

josh
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2024, 06:48 AM   #3
NimnizM4
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
Heya,

I went with the bracket and doubled up. It made the rear end sooooo stable and planted. I am sure most of it was the bushing, but my mechanic (f80 guy himself, and works on tons of F8x) pushed me to get the double to prevent having to drop the diff again.

I did have NVH, but from from the ECS front diff bushings, not the rears.

good luck!

josh
Thanks for the information. I’m gonna look into the bracket.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 08:16 AM   #4
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

If you are going through the effort to do one bushing just add the second. Power flex are very street friendly.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 09:16 AM   #5
gurvir44
Rep
Drives: M4

Just finished this install using the REVSHIFT kit, you can get away without removing the driveshaft if you can power thru removing the front subframe bushings under the car.
Kinda weird i developed a vibration around 80-90mph now. Not sure if its related as i did trans fluid and diff fluid, or maybe over extended the pinion angle by not disconnecting the driveshaft and dropping the subframe too low.
Anyway, the dual mount kit is worth it. I used to have a bad clunk when hitting the gas and now its firm with no wheel hop!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 01:18 PM   #6
jbalabas
Private
Rep
Drives: f82

Did mine last winter, did oem poly bushings with upgraded bracket, very little nvh but much more planted feel , love the upgrade. If you do it yourself get the service bolts to hang the subframe. Makes the job way easier and driveshaft can stay attached. The bolt on top of the diff is a real bitch it's red locktited in there and there is little space to work. Took a long time.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2024, 03:32 PM   #7
NimnizM4
Rep

I think you guys convinced me to get the bracket and run 2 bushings.

Thanks guys, you helped me a lot. 🫡
Appreciate 1
spidy512494.50
      02-06-2024, 06:31 PM   #8
g2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 24V

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurvir44 View Post
Just finished this install using the REVSHIFT kit, you can get away without removing the driveshaft if you can power thru removing the front subframe bushings under the car.
Kinda weird i developed a vibration around 80-90mph now. Not sure if its related as i did trans fluid and diff fluid, or maybe over extended the pinion angle by not disconnecting the driveshaft and dropping the subframe too low.
Anyway, the dual mount kit is worth it. I used to have a bad clunk when hitting the gas and now its firm with no wheel hop!
Thinking of the revshift stock+ setup. Would you recommend their kit?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 01:18 PM   #9
gurvir44
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2 View Post
Thinking of the revshift stock+ setup. Would you recommend their kit?
It is the cheapest kit but I realized it doesn't come with the replacement bolts for the Diff bushing bracket, so youll have to purchase them or they are included in the turner/ecs kit.

A small issue i ran into mine was the right side bushing bolt they do include is a tad bit too long and is touching my diff controller. I emailed them and they said it might've been a supplier issue and will be sending me a shorter bolt.
The one thing i do like over the ECS/turner bushings is that it isnt just a simple sleeve inside the bushing. Its a tapered sleeve that has a huge face for the bolt to distribute force on. Overall yes i recommend it, just make sure that new 2nd bushing bolt doesn't hit the ecu on the diff.
Appreciate 0