R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

08-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #287
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

For those of you who are waiting, did you sign the actual lease or purchase paperwork already?

My car is one of those stuck and I have not signed my lease paperwork yet since the car has not arrived. How will they calculate how long we are without the car, from the original expected date of delivery or ???

Also how big is the VPC to be capable of doing so many repairs? Is it a large factory?
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #288
SloPoke
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play
For those of you who are waiting, did you sign the actual lease or purchase paperwork already?

My car is one of those stuck and I have not signed my lease paperwork yet since the car has not arrived. How will they calculate how long we are without the car, from the original expected date of delivery or ???

Also how big is the VPC to be capable of doing so many repairs? Is it a large factory?
Signed the paperwork AND made two finance payments on it already (plus the money down). I did ED so all of this had to be done upfront. It's MY car, so my opinion is that they should hand it over until parts are ready for the fix. Feel like a bit of a hostage right now.....
Appreciate 1
OutlawX3M298.00
      08-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #289
mic_crispy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 | 964 | x1 M35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Signed the paperwork AND made two finance payments on it already (plus the money down). I did ED so all of this had to be done upfront. It's MY car, so my opinion is that they should hand it over until parts are ready for the fix. Feel like a bit of a hostage right now.....

I very much agree.
      08-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #290
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post

My dealer said they can not issue the contract until there is a delivery date :-( I hope this doesn't cause a further delay because the car is not officially sold. My CA is in CA meanwhile the car is sitting at Charleston VPC.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #291
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Just my $.02, but I went into my ED understanding that it could take up to 10 weeks to pick it up at the PC (or 6-8 weeks for dealer delivery), so I feel that I have yet to suffer any inconvenience. Were you not made aware of these things?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #292
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play

I've not signed any delivery paperwork, but my sales order stated a delivery date of 7/15. Obviously that's out the window, so I have no qualms about walking at any time, but my CA said they'd take care of me (with a loaner, etc...) if things drag out too long, so I'm sitting tight for the time being.

My only other option at this point is jumping into an off the lot 991.2 S, or a GT4 if I can find one.
      08-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #293
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep
Drives: White/red M3

How are we checking the progress of our cars while off the boat at VPC?
      08-01-2016, 09:38 PM   #294
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
How are we checking the progress of our cars while off the boat at VPC?

genius.called them today just for fun, no update.

looks like i made a good call jumping ship
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 09:45 PM   #295
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep
Drives: White/red M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
genius.called them today just for fun, no update.

looks like i made a good call jumping ship
Thanks.
You cancelled your order?
      08-02-2016, 05:42 AM   #296
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

no one getting updates yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 06:35 AM   #297
SloPoke
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane
Quote:
Just my $.02, but I went into my ED understanding that it could take up to 10 weeks to pick it up at the PC (or 6-8 weeks for dealer delivery), so I feel that I have yet to suffer any inconvenience. Were you not made aware of these things?
Yes I was aware of that fact. My issue is that it has been almost 3 weeks since this issue has come up and we have yet to hear anything concrete. Dealers know nothing, genius is borderline useless and corporate is not even making an attempt to give answers. I run a manufacturing company and if I treated my customers this way I would have no customers tomorrow. I understand things don't always go to plan, trust me I know. It's how you treat your customers after things get derailed that really matters. Even if they don't know an exact recovery date yet, give a best guess. Hell, I would've even settled for a letter in the mail stating what the issue was and letting me know they are doing everything they can do to fix it. But no, I'm finding everything out via the forums and half of it is hearsay anyways. I have purchased six BMWs in six years and this is really giving me second thoughts on buying a seventh.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #298
mic_crispy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 | 964 | x1 M35

Called and no update. My car gets to the GA port tomorrow... so basically everything tomorrow on is a delay and ill be asking for compensation.
      08-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #299
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir Orange M4

Well talked to BMWNA. They have no updates on anything, was scheduled to get delivery of car this Saturday, now it's been pushed back to August 11 already. They said that's just an estimated date, so it will get pushed back again.. They know nothing of differentials being delivered, or repairs starting, etc. what a joke for customer service. They said BMW has no plans of releasing a statement, but check the website for updates. So, I said basically rely on the forums for information. He pretty much agreed.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #300
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
I've not signed any delivery paperwork, but my sales order stated a delivery date of 7/15. Obviously that's out the window, so I have no qualms about walking at any time, but my CA said they'd take care of me (with a loaner, etc...) if things drag out too long, so I'm sitting tight for the time being.

My only other option at this point is jumping into an off the lot 991.2 S, or a GT4 if I can find one.
Do the GT4 if you can find one.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #301
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Wow for those of you who signed and are paying payments, I would be pretty mad and demand the dealer be paying my payments at the very least. A loaner car at this point would be a nice gesture!

I posted this in another thread but regarding my Week 26 build:

Latest update in this car order saga is that my car was on the STOP list due to the rear differential recall. It was supposed to arrive Monday 7/25) last week but thus far no car. The funny thing is the dealership knew absolutely nothing and kept telling me my car had no recall. Finally I called Genius and they told me the car was in the recall list

Long story story, I called Genius today and they said my car was at the VPC and they just finished replacing the differential today. It will leave for shipping to the dealership and will arrive there by Thursday so hopefully I can get some photos by then...
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #302
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4play View Post
Wow for those of you who signed and are paying payments, I would be pretty mad and demand the dealer be paying my payments at the very least. A loaner car at this point would be a nice gesture!

I posted this in another thread but regarding my Week 26 build:

Latest update in this car order saga is that my car was on the STOP list due to the rear differential recall. It was supposed to arrive Monday 7/25) last week but thus far no car. The funny thing is the dealership knew absolutely nothing and kept telling me my car had no recall. Finally I called Genius and they told me the car was in the recall list

Long story story, I called Genius today and they said my car was at the VPC and they just finished replacing the differential today. It will leave for shipping to the dealership and will arrive there by Thursday so hopefully I can get some photos by then...
Awesome, congrats! I'm hoping for some happy news soon. Called the Genius today, still no update. I did ED and my car cleared customs and arrived at VPC on 7/15, going on 17 days now with no update. I just need them to give me a date, even if its 4 weeks from now, I just need to know when I can pick up my car. My life is on hold until I know what's going on. I became an uncle over the weekend. Don't want to book my flight to see my niece just in case I get notified that I can pick up my car that day... I know, not a good start at being an uncle
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #303
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
Thanks.
You cancelled your order?

dealer found me another one.. not my individual color obviously. but this waiting game is ridiculous. bmw dropped the ball big time. and i'm not talking about the failed differentials, thats fine. it's everything after that.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #304
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_crispy View Post
Called and no update. My car gets to the GA port tomorrow... so basically everything tomorrow on is a delay and ill be asking for compensation.
Not that i'm defending BMW as my car stayed at VPC for 32 days last month but typically the car doesn't go from ship arriving at port to the dealer the same day. The regular process does take about 5 days(best case scenario if nothing needs to be fixed)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #305
m_matt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335m | 2016 F80 zCP

Maybe this helps - I called Bmw genius and my f80 was affected by this, week 25 build. However, he informed me that the diff had already been replaced. My car arrived last Monday at port and I'm scheduled for dealer delivery in 8/15.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #306
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandow View Post
Well talked to BMWNA. They have no updates on anything, was scheduled to get delivery of car this Saturday, now it's been pushed back to August 11 already. They said that's just an estimated date, so it will get pushed back again.. They know nothing of differentials being delivered, or repairs starting, etc. what a joke for customer service. They said BMW has no plans of releasing a statement, but check the website for updates. So, I said basically rely on the forums for information. He pretty much agreed.

i lol'd
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 12:57 AM   #307
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Anyone who did ED in the last 2-3 weeks please post up if you are able to track your car.
      08-03-2016, 06:49 AM   #308
Stealthm4bcm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandow
This is completely ridiculous.
Appreciate 0