Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-20-2016, 06:38 PM   #23
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s View Post
Luckily my car is not affected by this particular delivery stop. It is however affected by a different one I was just told about by a Genius rep. Turns out there is also a delivery stop for certain cars for some kind of head protection issue. I have no idea how many cars or what models are affected by this and he was not able to give me any details. He said that he "thinks" it would cause about a 2 week delay.

Does anyone have any more details on this?
Interesting, a few days ago I found out my car is on delivery hold before this bulletin came out. When I asked what that means they couldn't tell me anything. I emailed my CA this morning to see if perhaps this is the reason my car is on delivery hold.

My car came off the production line on July 5th which is one day after the dates mentioned in the delivery stop bulletin. I was hoping I would be in the clear but it's obvious that the actual production timeframe of my car still falls in that range.

I wish my CA would have got back to me by now!!!
Have you checked your vin against the list of the ones affected by the differential issue?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:30 PM   #24
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Quote:
Have you checked your vin against the list of the ones affected by the differential issue?
I just did and it's not on that list. So something else must be causing my car to be on a delivery hold or perhaps that list is not complete.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #25
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I just did and it's not on that list. So something else must be causing my car to be on a delivery hold or perhaps that list is not complete.
Must be the head protection issue that seems to be affecting a lot more cars. Same thing for my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #26
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Quote:
Must be the head protection issue that seems to be affecting a lot more cars. Same thing for my car.
What exactly is a head protection issue?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:47 PM   #27
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
What exactly is a head protection issue?
Nobody seems to really know but I'm assuming it has to do with one of the airbags and probably needs to be replaced.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #28
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
I don't think there is any head protection issue, I was told that bulletin references the Differential, not the head airbags.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 09:34 PM   #29
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane
I don't think there is any head protection issue, I was told that bulletin references the Differential, not the head airbags.
As much as I really hope and wish that you're right, where would it come from? They must be getting the head protection issue from somewhere. Even if it somehow confused it with the differential bulletin, I'm guessing that's just a system error and will point to the correct bulletin sooner rather than later.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #30
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 (Ordered)

Garage List
where do i get access to list so I can check my VIN to see if its on it or not?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 12:08 AM   #31
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdevil
where do i get access to list so I can check my VIN to see if its on it or not?
PDF is posted somewhere in this thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=20280811
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:54 AM   #32
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Just give us our cars... We don't need airbagssss.... HAHAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 07:56 AM   #33
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
PDF is posted somewhere in this thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=20280811
Thanks for pointing it to me. Based on that list my car is not affected. ..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:33 AM   #34
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdevil View Post
Thanks for pointing it to me. Based on that list my car is not affected. ..
That list may not be the final total. As I have said, my VIN is not on it, and my car is affected. Contact BMW or your CA.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:51 AM   #35
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

the intitial thought was only 202 cars, but it seems like every godam person on this board is affected. SMH.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #36
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
That list may not be the final total. As I have said, my VIN is not on it, and my car is affected. Contact BMW or your CA.
So I contacted BMWNA .. he said that the car is in VPC and should be released in a day or so. Not sure how correct is this info ..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #37
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

Quote:
Here is the exact post (on page 6 of that thread).

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20287100&postcount=115
      07-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #38
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir Orange M4

Well my car is now affected as well. Yesterday it wasn't, and was set to be at the dealership this Saturday so I could pick it up...Today my VIN is flagged and it's being held at the VPC in Baltimore. This is bullshit...nobody has an answer as to when I will get the car...unbelievable. First delayed due to the navigation parts shortage, and now this... Something is telling me I should just walk away from this whole deal...I've got a bad feeling this car is going to be nothing but problems..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #39
Leaveit2bevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTR/F80

Not sure if this has been stated on the thread but a BMW genius just told me there in fact is only one stop delivery and thats for the differential. The head airbag one was miss-coded.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #40
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandow View Post
Well my car is now affected as well. Yesterday it wasn't, and was set to be at the dealership this Saturday so I could pick it up...Today my VIN is flagged and it's being held at the VPC in Baltimore. This is bullshit...nobody has an answer as to when I will get the car...unbelievable. First delayed due to the navigation parts shortage, and now this... Something is telling me I should just walk away from this whole deal...I've got a bad feeling this car is going to be nothing but problems..
Yes please walk away from the brand so we can enjoy our cars to its fullest.

I get why people are upset, but never thought one can be this upset because they take safety seriously and do not want people to sue them if anything happens because of the diff or from whatever recalls they did not do.

Just relax and wait for it to arrive. My car was also produced during this period and it was not flagged yesterday and is still on the vessel. Who knows if my car will be flagged later when it is passing the Panama?
Appreciate 5
      07-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #41
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post

I get why people are upset, but never thought one can be this upset because they take safety seriously and do not want people to sue them if anything happens because of the diff or from whatever recalls they did not do.

Just relax and wait for it to arrive. My car was also produced during this period and it was not flagged yesterday and is still on the vessel. Who knows if my car will be flagged later when it is passing the Panama?
In all likelihood these very same people would be posting all over the forums how lax BMW has become if they experienced a problem after delivery. If they experienced a catastrophic failure or, worse, were in an accident, they'd be on the phone to their attorneys before exiting their cars.

There are far too many people who've come to expect 100% perfection 100% of the time. This is pure fantasy and will never happen. Unfortunately, no matter what BMW does, it will never be good enough. We can only hope that all of those threatening to leave the brand will actually follow through. Maybe eventually I won't have to apologize for driving BMWs...
Appreciate 2
      07-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #42
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaveit2bevo View Post
Not sure if this has been stated on the thread but a BMW genius just told me there in fact is only one stop delivery and thats for the differential. The head airbag one was miss-coded.
Was just told the same thing. As far as they know now, there are 1202 cars affected and that number could still go up. No words on parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #43
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir Orange M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post

That's a mature response, but not surprised by it. I've been relaxing for a long time waiting for this car, you have no idea how many times the car has been delayed and other issues, along with excuse after excuse from the dealership, so you should probably mind your business, as you don't have a clue..As I said, I checked yesterday and everything was fine, and was told all the cars affected had been flagged so there was nothing to worry about. So I made my plans for travel to my dealership for next Tuesday. Today, I was told I was affected and they keep adding VIN numbers, so I would guess yours will probably be affected as well. It seems every car produced during that period is going to be affected.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 03:28 PM   #44
ssuene93
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: '16 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307
My car was also produced during this period and it was not flagged yesterday and is still on the vessel. Who knows if my car will be flagged later when it is passing the Panama?
No need to wait for getting pass the canal. My car was just put on a vessel this week. I was not on the original list yesterday, but I was just told my car is flagged by the recall.
2009 E93 335i (ED June 2009) - Retired
2008 E60 535i (ED March 2008) - Retired
Appreciate 0