European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #89
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I'm sure they can add that in pretty quickly for you M2 guys. If they can flash modified they can do stock as well for sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 08:59 AM   #90
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
No, BM3 software does not have option of transmission reverting back at this point, confirmed by PTF.

It has to be done in the traditional way.
Wish the guys that love it on their M2 would also post their feedback, its always the angry bunch making sure to let us know we've been working on adding a way to switch back and forth on these, should be available hopefully very soon as well.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2017, 09:09 AM   #91
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Wish the guys that love it on their M2 would also post their feedback, its always the angry bunch making sure to let us know we've been working on adding a way to switch back and forth on these, should be available hopefully very soon as well.
I'm the m2 guy that want to love it. But apprarently, the GTS TCU issue only happen with M2.

Rather than developing a switch back option, we'd love to see a TCU that works for M2!
      06-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #92
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
I'm the m2 guy that want to love it. But apprarently, the GTS TCU issue only happen with M2.

Rather than developing a switch back option, we'd love to see a TCU that works for M2!
Sure, we would love to have the ability to customize it further too, one day However, keep in mind there are others that really like it as well. When things work for people they tend to not post about it and just enjoy it
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00
      06-15-2017, 10:17 PM   #93
SpeedFried
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 Mineral Gray with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
That will be a fantastic option! If it's going to be available soon I'll wait to flash back to stock via BM3 instead of paying another vendor to flash it back. I've actually gotten used to paddle shifting these past few weeks but would prefer to daily drive in sport+ with high revs the way the stock flash does.

As Sean said, it would be great to have a DCT flash that was designed to work with the M2 and hold more torque. I'd even be willing to pay for a custom DCT flash if that's possible.
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00
      04-16-2018, 07:41 PM   #94
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Might be a dumb question, but does anybody know how to check if the GTS DCT flashed properly? Meaning are there visual cues/changes you can see through the dash console or settings that would signal you have the GTS software loaded? Honestly, I think shifts/jerkiness/clamping are subjective and I'm not sure I'm even noticing a difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #95
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
It should engage Reverse straight away.
Downshift from 2nd to 1 without jerkiness
This is subjective but i think downshifts somehow sound better ? It ripss
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2018, 11:40 PM   #96
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Might be a dumb question, but does anybody know how to check if the GTS DCT flashed properly? Meaning are there visual cues/changes you can see through the dash console or settings that would signal you have the GTS software loaded? Honestly, I think shifts/jerkiness/clamping are subjective and I'm not sure I'm even noticing a difference.
No, the only way to check is via E-Sys.

The sensational differences are very minimal, and I agree with you that it can be subjective. Plus software version makes a difference. But clamping force, how is that subjective?
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 11:49 PM   #97
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

The GTS flash was the only thing that stopped that terrible clunk in reverse.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 02:46 PM   #98
BlatantMaple854
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 f80 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Did you also have a clunk from the rear sometimes when coming to a stop? And did the gts flash fix that as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 03:35 PM   #99
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlatantMaple854 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Did you also have a clunk from the rear sometimes when coming to a stop? And did the gts flash fix that as well?
Yes I had that to although it wasn't very frequent.

Fixed my GTS flash.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #100
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
No, the only way to check is via E-Sys.

The sensational differences are very minimal, and I agree with you that it can be subjective. Plus software version makes a difference. But clamping force, how is that subjective?
Thanks, maybe I misunderstood clamping force.

I could have sworn there was a 'GTS' branding/logo that popped up on the dash when opening the door (where it used to only say 'M3').
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #101
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Thanks, maybe I misunderstood clamping force.

I could have sworn there was a 'GTS' branding/logo that popped up on the dash when opening the door (where it used to only say 'M3').
This is a coding option - aesthetics only. It can show M3 or GTS regardless of whether you have any GTS bits coded in.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #102
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
This is a coding option - aesthetics only. It can show M3 or GTS regardless of whether you have any GTS bits coded in.
Didn't know that. Thanks. Makes me question whether I should've gotten it in the first place. Ah well, live and learn.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #103
Lawton438
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I believe it changes the starting launch revs on engaging launch control. Mine now with the gts software starts at 3.5k
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #104
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawton438 View Post
I believe it changes the starting launch revs on engaging launch control. Mine now with the gts software starts at 3.5k
Hmm...another reason to test out launch control! lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 05:09 AM   #105
MPOOR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / WHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojs View Post
That what common (consumer) sense suggests. But knowing how any serious manufacturing/engineering company works in terms of releasing parts and software. They would need to conduct endless tests of this software on a non-GTS car to confirm that safety, comfort, durability, interaction with other components and systems (and there are many) is absolutely unaffected. Those confirmations would have to be given by several dozen of various departments at BMW. Testing would cost money. There is simply no business case in it for BMW. From where they stand the stock non-GTS TCU software is perfectly fine for the non-GTS cars.
But the point is people who flash their TCU to GTS tune wants
More faster shifts and better down shift.
We already know non GTS versions TCU is completley fine but not
GTS Fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #106
mfurse
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

I took my 2016 LCI non-ZCP M3 to BMW in Melbourne and mentioned it clunks horribly when reversing. They apparently applied "a software update" and it doesn't clunk in reverse, is quicker to engage reverse and is smoother from 2-1 as well as just off from idle ... worth mentioning and see if the dealer can look for this TCU revision? Obviously not GTS being as it was warranty but maybe they fiddled with the standard map?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 05:27 PM   #107
scoobystas
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Champagne Quartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
I first tried this flash last October, and like some of you here, I also didn't feel much of a difference. My main goal with the DCT flash was the increased clamping force (I guess we all assume it comes with it), but there were some small things I didn't like about the DCT that I was hoping the GTS flash would take care of. However, in terms of daily drivability I didn't feel any improvement.

Two weeks ago however I was working with proTUNING Freaks to integrate the latest GTS TCU changes into the BM3 DCT flash just to try it out and see if I notice any of the improvements many of you are talking about. After driving for about 2 weeks and giving the DCT time to adapt I'm pretty happy with the update.

Creeping/slowly accelerating from a stop in first gear is much smoother now (driving in S2), as it used to be jerky and quite rough before.

Shifting in S2 is much smoother in general, particularly downshifts. I used to feel the DCT very clunky, particularly in the second to first gear downshifts. Upshifts also seem more seamless now.

Lastly, contrary to what you'd expect from a GTS flash (I personally assumed it would be all about performance), but the car drives much more "efficient" in D1. Besides shifting smoother, it also shifts much sooner than before and doesn't hold the gears as long as before. I guess that will save a few trees in the long run for you tree huggers :P
I realize its an old thread but 100% agree with you the efficient D1 setting, its in 6th by 40mph

agree with all above the shifts are smoother, haven't pushed it yet but around town less jerking. I guess you you say stock felt like you're sitting shotgun in a car with someone with several months of experience behind a manual to DCT flash fells like someone with several years of experience...just smoother.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #108
MDM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: /// 2022 M8C

I'm surprised that VF Engineering hasn't chimed in on this thread....
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #109
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I have a 16 ZCP M3. I just had EAS do the GTS DCT flash on it earlier this week. I didn't think it would be that much of a difference but I was having the car coded and figured I would have the transmission flash done while it was plugged in.
It is a noticeable difference. 2 to 1 at low speeds is much better. Especially when coming up to a light that just turned green, the car just pops smoothly into first gear and goes without slipping or bucking or hesitating. And it would hesitate badly before. Compared to my e92 M3 DCT this new f80 M3 DCT felt sluggish and hesitant at lower speeds and take-offs. WOT shifts were about the same between the different generations but I felt BMW made them too aggressive almost intentionally on the f8x just to give you that racecar feel. But now with the GTS flash it's smooth and puts the power down without hurting your insides.
And now the transmission seems to manage power delivery much better after adding JB4, intakes, charge pipes, downpipes, and full Akrapovic Evo exhaust. Part throttle shifts don't unsettle the chassis and WOT shifts are faster than I've ever experienced.
Would I flash the DCT software again? Yes, absolutely. The changes in casual driving are worth it alone, but the changes in aggressive driving solidify it's worth.

Hey !

Just wondering if the flash fix my problem! My annoying problem is my DCT ON MY BMW M4 . After diff bushing change my dct feels clunking specially on the first 2 gears and the clunking , bucking noises are noticible when I’m stoping my car at the lights traffic .
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 11:35 AM   #110
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasz17azs View Post
Hey !

Just wondering if the flash fix my problem! My annoying problem is my DCT ON MY BMW M4 . After diff bushing change my dct feels clunking specially on the first 2 gears and the clunking , bucking noises are noticible when I’m stoping my car at the lights traffic .
It could be that you have a stiffer bushing now and it's transferring more nvh into the cabin
Appreciate 0