R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

10-16-2020, 05:44 PM   #1
Notyourplug33
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Been having a bad week. I just purchased my M4 this week and had it sitting outside overnight and some idiot decides to hit me. I'm not under insurance since I JUST purchased it not even 4 days ago! I removed the bumper and I see no damage besides the bumper, left headlight & fender has a minor bend.. also added a photo of my fender gap.. it's quite off compared to the passenger side & it's worrying me as I'm paying out of pocket. I have a oem bumper headlight & fender on the way & hoping I can get my car back to how I bought it so heartbroken I can barely sleep lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
RKP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS (F80)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
First of all, congrats on the new M4! I know this can be a tough situation. Post some pics if you can so we can see the extent of the damage. I'm assuming you bought it private party since dealer would need you to have insurance before driving it off the lot.

Also, If the headlight lens is cracked, you can get away with just buying a new cover instead of buying a whole new headlight.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
Notyourplug33
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
First of all, congrats on the new M4! I know this can be a tough situation. Post some pics if you can so we can see the extent of the damage. I'm assuming you bought it private party since dealer would need you to have insurance before driving it off the lot.

Also, If the headlight lens is cracked, you can get away with just buying a new cover instead of buying a whole new headlight.
Added photos, what do you think? Is it bad?? It's been stressing me out just waiting on parts to hit the body shop. & yes bought from a private seller
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 06:24 PM   #4
RKP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
It doesn't look bad at all. You will need to replace the bumper. The broken headlight lens can be removed and a new one can be installed without any issues. Lastly, a good body shop should be able to fix the fender and realign the body line.

Is that mineral white or alpine white? I heard mineral white is a bit difficult to color match so I would take it to a reputable body shop to have it painted.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 06:26 PM   #5
Notyourplug33
Private
Rep

Quote:
It doesn't look bad at all. You will need to replace the bumper. The broken headlight lens can be removed and a new one can be installed without any issues. Lastly, a good body shop should be able to fix the fender and realign the body line.

Is that mineral white or alpine white? I heard mineral white is a bit difficult to color match.
It is alpine white, I hope I can get a good color match I want my car back to OE Spec.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #6
RKP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyourplug33 View Post
Quote:

Is that mineral white or alpine white? I heard mineral white is a bit difficult to color match.
It is alpine white, I hope I can get a good color match I want my car back to OE Spec.
That's perfect! Yes alpine white is easy. I had to get a alpine white front bumper painted and it came out exactly OEM.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #7
Chhr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyourplug33 View Post
Been having a bad week. I just purchased my M4 this week and had it sitting outside overnight and some idiot decides to hit me. I'm not under insurance since I JUST purchased it not even 4 days ago! I removed the bumper and I see no damage besides the bumper, left headlight & fender has a minor bend.. also added a photo of my fender gap.. it's quite off compared to the passenger side & it's worrying me as I'm paying out of pocket. I have a oem bumper headlight & fender on the way & hoping I can get my car back to how I bought it so heartbroken I can barely sleep lol
Did you have auto insurance at all? Even if it was on an old car before purchasing the M? There might be a grace period with your insurance between your old car and the new car. I'd check with your insurance carrier if you had insurance even if you didn't update for the new M yet.
Appreciate 0