Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #67
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEof500 View Post
No offense but for me sunroof = hard pass. CF roof is an iconic element of the car.
As long as the roof is PPF'd and not starting to show signs of delamination.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 03:44 PM   #68
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT

Quote:
No offense but for me sunroof = hard pass. CF roof is an iconic element of the car.
I'm surprised so many people dislike the sunroof. I use mine virtually every single day. I typically use the the vent feature that (with the HVAC system) allows for the most amazing flow of fresh air in and out of the cabin with very little wind noise. There is also nothing like driving on canyon roads in the late day with the sunroof fully retracted.... The sound of the engine, exhaust, and the sky above..
      05-22-2021, 03:49 PM   #69
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
I'm surprised so many people dislike the sunroof. I use mine virtually every single day. I typically use the the vent feature that (with the HVAC system) allows for the most amazing flow of fresh air in and out of the cabin with very little wind noise. There is also nothing like driving on canyon roads in the late day with the sunroof fully retracted.... The sound of the engine, exhaust, and the sky above..
Well, other than going topless...
      05-22-2021, 03:50 PM   #70
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
Quote:
I actually think it makes the car look more cohesive with the same color roof.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #71
DuckCoverRoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (comp)

You're lucky to have 2 6MT options readily available -- none were available in my area when I was looking back in March/ April. If it's between DCT/ Comp or 6MT non-comp., I would've jumped on the 6MT. I ended up getting a 2018 comp DCT (18k miles) with similar packages as the Comp you're considering below (except it does have the 763m staggered config as a bonus) for $55k. [EDIT: forgot to add the color - mineral grey with black interior extended leather]

But back to your question -- I think it depends on how you're using the car. If you regularly track your car, then perhaps the extra power is worth it, but as a daily driver I wouldn't spend $9k extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
I am looking at two low-mileage 6MT F80 M3s with a big price difference between them. At the same price I would take a ZCP model 10 times out of 10. But what about when there's a big price difference ($9K or ~$150/month)?

Here are my options:

1. A 2018 M3 with the Competition Package, full leather, moonroof, 20" style 666M wheels, power rear sunshade and rear manual side window shades, heated rear seats, Park Distance Control, Active Blind Spot Detection, Wireless Charging with WiFi Hotspot and Enhanced USB & Bluetooth. 1 owner. 17K miles. Mineral Grey / Silverstone Full Leather (I prefer the colors on this one). Asking $59,500.
2. A 2017 M3 with the Executive Package, Lighting Package, extended leather, 19" style 437M wheels, side and top view cameras, power rear sunshade, rear manual side window shades. 1 owner. 16K miles. Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Extended Leather. Asking $51,500.

For reference, here's what's in the Competition Package:
- Increased power output (444 HP, an increase of +19 HP)
- M Sports exhaust system with black chrome exhaust tailpipes
- Tuned Adaptive M Suspension (SA 2VF) with new settings
- New Springs
- New Dampers
- New Anti-Roll Bars
- Reconfigured driving modes (Comfort, Sport and Sport+)
- New Settings for DSC / Active M Differential
- 20" star-spoke style 666M forged wheels
- M Seats with break-through elements in seat back; deletion of lumbar support
- Seatbelts with woven-in BMW M stripes
- Shadow Line / black grill and badges

Last edited by DuckCoverRoll; 05-24-2021 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Add color
Appreciate 0