R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #1
Pheet
Rep
Drives: M4 tanzenite blue, opal white

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Question about service history on iDrive

Hi, had a great response to my first post this morning. Really knowledgable and helpful members.

I have a question about service history on the I drive. I picked up my M4 as a AUC a couple of weeks ago. I noticed the service history wasn't displayed.i called the dealer expecting them to say take it to your nearest dealer and they'll upload the service history. Instead they said it had to go to the dealer (different network) that did the service to be updated which is a 300 mile round trip. They do offer to send a send a driver to take it and bring it back.

It seems strange as the manual states that all service history is stored on the system at BMW AG. I called BMW Uk and they were no help in clarifying this.

Does this sound correct? Anybody had experience of this?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
wakdady
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i3

You mean you want to have the service history of items performed on the car at a dealership in general?
Or you expect to be able to see what was performed in the idrive screen?

while any facility can look up your vin to see what was performed under warranty, I don't think or know how it would be displayed in your car.
      08-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #3
Pheet
Rep
Drives: M4 tanzenite blue, opal white

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakdady View Post
You mean you want to have the service history of items performed on the car at a dealership in general?
Or you expect to be able to see what was performed in the idrive screen?

while any facility can look up your vin to see what was performed under warranty, I don't think or know how it would be displayed in your car.
Thanks for the response. I wanted the service history uploading to the idrive so there was a record of all services done todate as the next service will be done at my local bmw dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
wakdady
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheet View Post
Thanks for the response. I wanted the service history uploading to the idrive so there was a record of all services done todate as the next service will be done at my local bmw dealer.
got it. yea no. it does not work that way. the car cannot and will not know what was done. even if you read the key it will only tell you what was reset, but not when or why. so if someone accidentally reset say, your oil service, the counter will be wrong.
a dealer has to use deduction from the warranty inquiry as well as the keyread to accurately know what the car is due for.
any advisor with half a brain will do it right.