R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

02-05-2015, 10:46 PM   #67
javkhan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 ZCP

Amazing footage!!

F82 M4 Mineral White | DCT | Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #68
dclowd9901
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
Nobody runs serious hill climb races on stock suspension n brakes. Thats a given.
True, probably not even worth mentioning, but I was trying to emphasize the chassis bit.
      02-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #69
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzimma View Post
Sure, it's quite evident actually. I am really surprised no one else has noticed. Just watch the people moving in the background @ 1:50, 2:45, especially 3:10 you will see a man and child walking in the distance and you can clearly see the movements are unnatural. I didn't watch much past that as the fact that the publisher felt the need to include this subtle trickery completely ruined it for me. Otherwise I would have really enjoyed this vid.
Sorry, but I don't see anything that screams foul play
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #70
zimzimma
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Sorry, but I don't see anything that screams foul play
Really? I think you aren't looking closely enough. It is so clear from the peoples movements, the movements of the car, the camera panning, even the trees and branches moving in the wind give it away.

For a second I thought it might be my system so I double checked the vid on the youtube page and sure enough someone commented "it would be awesome a video at 60fps"...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #71
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4
Nice, now do it in snow!
I have been a manual stick shift guy my whole life. But now I would definitely go with the DCT. Automatics always put me to sleep, because I was never engaged in the driving experience, maybe it is because I am a drummer and need to keep in-touch with the controls at all times. But BMW makes the best automatics I have ever driven, even the new 5 Series down shifts when need, that's wild.

This video is awesome, great driver. But seeing the M in proper action it is time for the M4 to have xDrive! Also seeing the inside cabin shots you don't realize how much you only drive just with your left hand and do not have two hands on the wheel at all times. I am personally use to that, but it is definitely not as safe as two hands on the wheel at all times with this much power and needed reaction time with other clueless nut-bags sharing the roads.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #72
ciressiws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Smile Mt versus DCT

Since I was used to MT from my 95 M3, I was a little hesitant to go with the DCT. The 95 was set-up for the track, instructing at driving schools and it was a sweet car with some modifications.
I am not planing to do serious track driving with the F80 M3 so I went with the DCT. I just love it.
Driving in Switzerland (after ED pickup) with the narrow roads made me realize that keeping both hands on the steering wheel was much safer.
The in-car shots show just how much time Maechler spends reaching for the shifter.
I think the one's that believe that the tape was sped up should look at this.
Also some of the track workers might just try to get out of the way.

I got some rubbing from some of the diehard shifter fans about going to the DCT but this car is shifting so sweet it beets manul by a mile.
As a daily driver it will be much more relaxing too.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #73
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciressiws
Since I was used to MT from my 95 M3, I was a little hesitant to go with the DCT. The 95 was set-up for the track, instructing at driving schools and it was a sweet car with some modifications.
I am not planing to do serious track driving with the F80 M3 so I went with the DCT. I just love it.
Driving in Switzerland (after ED pickup) with the narrow roads made me realize that keeping both hands on the steering wheel was much safer.
The in-car shots show just how much time Maechler spends reaching for the shifter.
I think the one's that believe that the tape was sped up should look at this.
Also some of the track workers might just try to get out of the way.

I got some rubbing from some of the diehard shifter fans about going to the DCT but this car is shifting so sweet it beets manul by a mile.
As a daily driver it will be much more relaxing too.
I agree. No this video is not sped up he is that good of a pilot. I will always miss shifting but not in New York traffic as a daily driver, hell no.
Appreciate 0