R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #45
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Oh man. I'm still waiting for my guy to get back to me... but I'm not too confident that he'll have anything. Fucknuts. The Lotus would be a good consolation prize though.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #46
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Oh man. I'm still waiting for my guy to get back to me... but I'm not too confident that he'll have anything. Fucknuts. The Lotus would be a good consolation prize though.
There isn't even a forum for their owners, since they die of hunger in the middle of nowhere cause their car died. The only person who drives them (that I know) really makes sure, that if you risk a conversation once, you will learn your lesson on the spot. The design is one of done by an ax and I'm really confidant about the spouses reaction being one that lands me in jail. Otherwise it's a great option.

I think I'm done when it comes to cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #47
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
There isn't even a forum for their owners, since they die of hunger in the middle of nowhere cause their car died. The only person who drives them (that I know) really makes sure, that if you risk a conversation once, you will learn your lesson on the spot. The design is one of done by an ax and I'm really confidant about the spouses reaction being one that lands me in jail. Otherwise it's a great option.

I think I'm done when it comes to cars.
Doubt you'll be stranded since the engine is from Toyota. Everything electrical will probably fail though. Good things is there isn't that much and as long as the A/C and electric windows doesn't fail at the same time you should be fine
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #48
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

I'm curious why the Lotus is in but the Porsche Cayman S is out? They're both the same price and pretty similar in size.

Cayman S is in my book the best driver's car available right now.

Also if you haven't driven a S4/S5 manual, I'd highly recommend it! (Also make sure you drive it in Dynamic mode). The manual on those Audis is simply sublime (shockingly so). Those cars are also superbly entertaining once you start exploring the insane amount of grip/g forces they can pull in the corners. Particularly on corner exit they just catapult you into the horizon. It's a different sort of entertainment that kicking the tail out on a RWD car yes, but entertaining nonetheless. If you change your mind, I can put you in contact with my guy at University Audi. He's young, good-looking and is a true Audi enthusiast himself so he knows his shiiiiii.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #49
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
I'm curious why the Lotus is in but the Porsche Cayman S is out? They're both the same price and pretty similar in size.

Also if you haven't driven a S4/S5 manual, I'd highly recommend it! (Also make sure you drive it in Dynamic mode). The manual on those Audis is simply sublime (shockingly so). Those cars are also superbly entertaining once you start exploring the insane amount of grip/g forces they can pull in the corners. Particularly on corner exit they just catapult you into the horizon. It's a different sort of entertainment that kicking the tail out on a RWD car yes, but entertaining nonetheless. If you change your mind, I can put you in contact with my guy at University Audi. He's young, good-looking and is a true Audi enthusiast himself so he knows his shiiiiii.
haha, Cheers mate. As soon as I start buying cars on the bases of dealers looks, I will go there straight away.

I have no idea, why the idea of Porsche has no appeal to me, maybe the dealers were but ugly.

Seriously, this is harder than buying houses. I'm giving up, apparently it's not meant to be.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #50
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Seriously the Cayman/Boxster are a lot better cars for the money but for a once in a lifetime one year fun car which ooze character ( and glue... ) the Evora blow them away.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #51
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Seriously the Cayman/Boxster are a lot better cars for the money but for a once in a lifetime one year fun car which ooze character ( and glue... ) the Evora blow them away.
Haha, so true.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #52
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
No go on the M3 at my dealership, Lups... it goes into production 1st week of august. Bummer.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #53
Lups
Rep

Quote:
No go on the M3 at my dealership, Lups... it goes into production 1st week of august. Bummer.
Thanks for trying. I'm too pissed to think right now.

Your a gem, and I will always protect you from the creepy crawlies.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #54
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for trying. I'm too pissed to think right now.

Your a gem, and I will always protect you from the creepy crawlies.
And I will always have your mom over for christmas.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #55
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post

The low ground clearance (99mm with PASM) is a concern on the Cayman - it's always stopped me from looking at that car as a daily driver. I hate scraping and worrying about scraping.

I totally agree about the Audi S4/S5 6MT. Amazing stuff. The traction is fabulous with the AWD - it can really put the power down. The car feels very planted, and the grip and torque vectoring in corners just has to be experienced to be believed. I didn't expect it to be anywhere as good as it is, although I knew the manual transmission was superb after a short test drive.

I actually much prefer my S5 to my M5. BMW is now talking about AWD on the next-generation M5, so that will be interesting.

By the way, the M4 is larger than the S5 in all dimensions which is one thing that disappointed me about the M4.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #56
Lups
Rep

Quote:
And I will always have your mom over for christmas.
It's good to know, I won big time in this deal. If you want to keep her, I'm willing to pay.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #57
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
The low ground clearance (99mm with PASM) is a concern on the Cayman - it's always stopped me from looking at that car as a daily driver. I hate scraping and worrying about scraping.

I totally agree about the Audi S4/S5 6MT. Amazing stuff. The traction is fabulous with the AWD - it can really put the power down. The car feels very planted, and the grip and torque vectoring in corners just has to be experienced to be believed. I didn't expect it to be anywhere as good as it is, although I knew the manual transmission was superb after a short test drive.

I actually much prefer my S5 to my M5. BMW is now talking about AWD on the next-generation M5, so that will be interesting.

By the way, the M4 is larger than the S5 in all dimensions which is one thing that disappointed me about the M4.
Hey I just re-read my comment from earlier, and I do hope you filter me well. Your suggestion is great, and indeed your help was appreciated. Most of the time I write like an idiot, I blame the language barrier and the hair, but the truth is I have spend too much time on keyboard, and that has turned the thought pattern into one of no class. Sorry, just do as everyone else does, blame it on Wah.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #58
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

So, what is the outcome of your dealer visit now?

Same car? No car? Other car? Bobbycar?
Was the dealer able to check whether it is related to the M4? If so, did you push him to switch to M3 instead? And did you ask him again about courtesy delivery to the east coast?
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #59
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post
So, what is the outcome of your dealer visit now?

Same car? No car? Other car? Bobbycar?
Was the dealer able to check whether it is related to the M4? If so, did you push him to switch to M3 instead? And did you ask him again about courtesy delivery to the east coast?
I hate cars is the answer at the moment. Ask again in the evening.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #60
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Okay. This is it, dealership told me I was moved too far down the line. I have a family, and I only have August to go to a totally crazy road trip without them, and the M4 will not be here till then apparently. Yes, it could work as the daily later, but I've been waiting for years for this, so I'm not going to take something awful for my holiday.

So, specs. Has to be available before August, Power, rwd, manual (this is the deal breaker), and I have eyes.

I stood at the lot full of M5 and M6 models, and those are not the answer. I'm not old enough, and I want to have a fun car, not something to park at the spouses office lot.

Sedan, Symphony, Ake, and the mean folk, go crazy.

I'm desperate.

Wah, STFU, you just make fun of me again. I'm not going anywhere for fun in that Audi.
Check this thread. Guy said he is contacted by a dealer. maybe you want to get this car instead
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=990843
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #61
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
I hate cars is the answer at the moment. Ask again in the evening.
No time for that in the evening...

And in NC it is already evening... so what is the answer "now"?
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #62
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Check this thread. Guy said he is contacted by a dealer. maybe you want to get this car instead
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=990843
Cheers mate, but I will rather walk than feed someone who is arrogant enough to do that.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #63
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Cheers mate, but I will rather walk than feed someone who is arrogant enough to do that.
what do you mean? did you read the thread? They are now offering the sticker price...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #64
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm still holding out hope that your M4 will return from the grave and go 150 soon. If you turn into a audi prick, I will go to WA and personally kick your ass. After coffee of course.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #65
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post
No time for that in the evening...

And in NC it is already evening... so what is the answer "now"?
Haha, well, at the moment the thought proses goes like this.

Why did I rely on an estimate, since it's always just an estimate.

Why do I want that car enough to not want something else.

Why the fuck can't I just get a life?

Why can't I get interested in the former one again?

Why do I care, and why on earth Audi's logo give me the creeps.

Mercs, why can't I just give in?

Who actually likes cars, can't I just do something girly with my time?

Why does the urge to punch someone appear to be constant?

Why can't I have normal friends, who wouldn't laugh at my face when I talk about this?

Why do I have friends, when they are all miserable fuckers?

Why the hell can't I just grow up, and pick a car in the traditional female way of color?

Why does my dear spouse want to die enough to say (yes, I called him, shit) "Well, go next year, the kids will be bigger, you can take them with you".

There are some other thoughts but those are the most prominent ones right now.

Oh yeah, there is a risk of me finally flipping completely, so the milk run will be an extended one tonight. I'm once again thinking Canada.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #66
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
what do you mean? did you read the thread? They are now offering the sticker price...
Its probably DCT anyway.
Appreciate 0