Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Closed Thread

10-13-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
Mpunk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

BMW Ending F82/F83 Production Early?

So Iíve been in the market looking for an upgrade to my E92is for a while now. Absolutely loved the F80 when it came out 4 years ago (as a Ď15). Didnít really notice the exhaust sound too much until Obsessed Garage bitched about it and dumped it for a Mustang (er, I mean GT350). Kind of put off purchasing and looked at other brands. Loved the C63 but really donít like the grandfatherly column shifter. The Quadrifoglio looked pretty good but didnít care for the interior. Or the local dealerís $10K markup. Then BMW introduced the Competition Package and now it seems itíll be the last of its kind to ever offer a stick (I was leaning toward DCT like my current car but now I really want to get the manual). Missed the boat to order an F80 for ED and plus BMW apparently ended F80 production in Augustó2 months early. So now Iím looking at the F82. May still just buy a new F80 off the lot.

I still really like the looks of the F80 but Iíll take the F82óespecially if I can get ED for it. But now my CA is telling me that BMW is ending production of the F82 in February 2019?! So if Iíd want to do ED Iím told that Iíd better put in my order now. Donít want to contradict what my CA is telling me but I thought that the M4 coupe and convertible production was supposed to end in 2020?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 12:00 AM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpunk View Post
...now it seems itíll be the last of its kind to ever offer a stick.
Likely, but not yet confirmed.

Quote:
But now my CA is telling me that BMW is ending production of the F82 in February 2019?!
No. Absolutely not true.

Quote:
I thought that the M4 coupe and convertible production was supposed to end in 2020?
Thatís correct - 6/2020 for the coupe, 10/2020 for the convertible.