Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
Juicehead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Raptor

Any Input on this Pre-owned - Red Flags?

Not sure why it had to have an alignment while brand new. Also, not sure why it was serviced at a Meineke?

CarFax
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...494&source=BUP

Car
https://www.southbmw.com/vehicle-det...fl-id-26429576
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

huh idk, weird. might as well buy new at this price point. also miami is always shady
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 08:58 PM   #3
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

^ lol what? The car is listed at $48K, a new M4 would be ~$30k more.

OP the car is being sold by a BMW dealership. They can provide much more accurate service information than carfax.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #4
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Personally I don't think that deal is that great. You can likely find other examples around the same spec and pricepoint without the somewhat suspect history.

With that said, at times Carfax is about as accurate as a 1400s geocentric model of the universe

The "service" at Meineke could have just been a simple oil change that was logged incorrectly. I've had weird stuff show up on my Carfax over the years that doesn't fully make sense either. However it still raises the question why go to Meineke at all if you have pre-paid service (I forget but I think all Ms have pre-paid service for the first 3 years, I could be wrong).

As someone else said, just ask the BMW dealer for a detailed history and explanation. If anything is fishy, move on, you can find comparable deals elsewhere.
      10-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #5
Mpunk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

Wow the car’s already gone! Have no idea how many miles there were on the odometer but it could’ve been that they hit a pothole pretty hard that necessitated an alignment. I don’t believe alignment is covered under the free maintenance by the BMW dealer.

When my E92is was still under the free maintenance my SA recommended it and I think they were going to charge me like $179 or something crazy for it. My local dealership Service Department has the reputation where new car owners don’t even take their cars in for servicing there even with the basic included maintenance so that could be another factor.
Appreciate 0