Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #23
carM3kee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Yes you will pass, assuming all else is stock. Yes your CEL will go away, assuming this is related to your O2 sensors and not for something else. Scan your car and see what error is causing the cel.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #24
Laostuh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP Azurite Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by carM3kee View Post
Yes you will pass, assuming all else is stock. Yes your CEL will go away, assuming this is related to your O2 sensors and not for something else. Scan your car and see what error is causing the cel.
Thanks for the info, everything is stock besides the eisenmann exhaust, eventuri intake, and catless dps.

Previous owner said car had a VR Flash tune but its back to stock now.

Will the CEL clear itself or I'd have to clear it once stock dps are back on?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 12:50 AM   #25
Bryanh24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I just put on a pair of AA downpipes paired with my stock comp exhaust and I LOVE them. Smell is barely there thanks to the secondary cats still being in place. As for power not too sure. I did upgraded turbos at the same time as putting on the downpipes but the car definitely feels more responsive either way.
      12-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #26
uberoval
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Comp

Just Friday had a VRSF midpipe (bought from board member) + downpipes + charge pipes and a JB4 installed by local shop. Was a little apprehensive it was going to be too loud based watching a bazillion youtube clips but whatever, life is too short to drive a quiet car.

The initial cold start w/ open valves after the install shook the walls in the shop and most definitely scared the crap out me to say the least. After that it was love at first sound. Valves closed its not much louder then stock honestly but open its pretty gnarly open especially over 4k. I still have the stock comp exhaust so not sure if i really want to change it to be honest. Does it and will it ever sound like an E9X, never unfortunately.

Smell really isn't a big deal as my M's garage mate is a restored 1956 beetle with a turbo, FI 2332 making 306hp/296tq that kills baby seals every time I start it up. Growing up an air-cooled guy means exhaust fumes is part of the deal.

Filled it with a Sunoco 100 , 91 cocktail last night so I plan on seeing how map 2 treats me later today. New rears are definitely on the radar now, that is for sure.
Appreciate 0