proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

08-13-2022, 11:03 AM   #1
thekidd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: @a_anders0n

New Front Control Arms

Never had to replace control arms before - any recommendations and if it's worth to upgrade over oem parts? Also wondering if there is a local (Bellevue) shop since I need to get them installed this Wednesday. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 09:08 PM   #2
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

I'm a fan of SPL suspension bits. Just have rear toe links now, but I'm sure I'll be adding more.

As for install, not sure who could get you in that quick. Tru Line Bellevue can handle your alignment. They might even install too, not sure though.
      08-14-2022, 11:32 AM   #3
thekidd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
I'm a fan of SPL suspension bits. Just have rear toe links now, but I'm sure I'll be adding more.

As for install, not sure who could get you in that quick. Tru Line Bellevue can handle your alignment. They might even install too, not sure though.
I learned the Powerflex bushings are not the fox I need - right now I just need the arms. I'm going to go with FCP Euro and get the BMW pairs. This gives me a chance to test their warranty. There's likely added stress on because I just have springs so these will fail again eventually.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 01:46 PM   #4
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post

I learned the Powerflex bushings are not the fox I need - right now I just need the arms. I'm going to go with FCP Euro and get the BMW pairs. This gives me a chance to test their warranty. There's likely added stress on because I just have springs so these will fail again eventually.
Ah, interesting. My car has had just springs since it was basically new I believe. Throwing proper coilovers on in spring.

No power flex bushings in these.

https://www.splparts.com/products/bm...-m2-m3-m4.html
      08-16-2022, 08:35 AM   #5
thekidd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Whoops it was the tension rods that I needed - not control arms. I wish I had more time to research an upgrade but I'll be at Pacific Raceways this Friday. Anyway, let me know if you feel a difference with the SPLs.
Appreciate 0