EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

06-06-2022, 02:22 PM   #1
UndeniablyT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed3, RX8, Civic Si

Picked up Pressure Washer... What cannon?

Hey Y'all,

I picked up a Sun Joe SPX4003 2200-Max PSI 1.6-GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer on a Memorial Day sale. This will replace my Chemical Guys Foam Gun that attached to a hose.

Any recommendations on which Foam Cannon that will work with this before I buy the Chemical Guys Foam Cannon also with the big mouth?

Link to the Pressure Washer below
https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX40...27488787&psc=1
Appreciate 1
BoxKing293.00
      06-06-2022, 09:24 PM   #2
Sephrr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

This is what I use with my Sun Joe spx3500

M MINGLE Foam Cannon, Replacement... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SWYXDJ2...p_mob_ap_share

I had ordered the actual sun Joe one but that broke after a few months. Broke where the plastic bottle screws into the metal connector# just small and weak. This one have had no issues, can control how wide of spray you want and vary how much soap is dispensed

Will cover the car even with a very small amount of soap in the sprayer which is shown in the picture
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 10:09 PM   #3
UndeniablyT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephrr View Post
This is what I use with my Sun Joe spx3500

M MINGLE Foam Cannon, Replacement... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SWYXDJ2...p_mob_ap_share

I had ordered the actual sun Joe one but that broke after a few months. Broke where the plastic bottle screws into the metal connector# just small and weak. This one have had no issues, can control how wide of spray you want and vary how much soap is dispensed

Will cover the car even with a very small amount of soap in the sprayer which is shown in the picture
Ordering one right now
Appreciate 1
Sephrr287.00
      06-09-2022, 12:02 AM   #4
Sephrr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Awesome, hopefully you like it is much as I do
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 08:07 AM   #5
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

The other foam cannon listed is def. on the cheap, but you should reconsider and buy a quality product:
https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Hydro-PF2...4779574&sr=8-3

Also, be aware, that 2200 PSI for paint is a tad too much - luckily you will loose some of this pressure based on the nozzle choice, but don't go hitting your paint with a 15 deg. tip, or you might cause damage.

Quality of your foam will be dictated primarily based on your ratio of soap:water (warm) of what cannon you end up with - dont get caught up in either of these two ADs - "Extreme Foam Suds", "Highly Concentrated" - any traditional car soap will work just fine - which soap... all depends on how your car is prepped (coating/PPF?); which is a rabbit whole I'm not getting into.

Happy detailing !
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 08:39 PM   #6
UndeniablyT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
The other foam cannon listed is def. on the cheap, but you should reconsider and buy a quality product:
https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Hydro-PF2...4779574&sr=8-3

Also, be aware, that 2200 PSI for paint is a tad too much - luckily you will loose some of this pressure based on the nozzle choice, but don't go hitting your paint with a 15 deg. tip, or you might cause damage.

Quality of your foam will be dictated primarily based on your ratio of soap:water (warm) of what cannon you end up with - dont get caught up in either of these two ADs - "Extreme Foam Suds", "Highly Concentrated" - any traditional car soap will work just fine - which soap... all depends on how your car is prepped (coating/PPF?); which is a rabbit whole I'm not getting into.

Happy detailing !
Thanks! I'll make sure to use the appropriate nozzle and the low setting on the pressure washer.

I'll try out the Foam Cannon but the one you linked looks nice, I'll save for later just in case.
Appreciate 0