GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

11-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #23
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekana View Post
I just verified, it does not have it.....
Then order.

12 weeks is nothing and your car will be a constant disappointment without it and you'll just end up selling it, losing depreciation, and getting a new one anyway.

Get what you want, don't compromise, the new car will be that much sweeter.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #24
JibSTir13
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 / FJ Cruiser

Since the headlights are a big deal to you, wait.

Don't settle for something you don't want just bc you get the car a few weeks earlier.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #25
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

I think it depends on the discount you're getting given the current incentives and etc. If you're getting a mediocre deal to begin with and the vehicle isn't perfectly speced, wait and order it exactly the way you want. Now if they goofed your order and willing to make you a sweet deal, that would sway "my" decision. There's some really lucrative incentives right now ($3K holiday, $1.5K loyalty, $1.5K fleet, $1K hunger, 0.99% APR and etc). If they're willing to throw in the kitchen sink, that to me would easily offset the headlight issue.

My car that just arrived was not ordered and not speced with the executive package. I was praying that it did include the free Icon headlights but I was bummed to find out there's no freebies. Production date was 10/15. I decided to go ahead with the purchase because I got a great deal. Definitely not as cool as the Icon headlights but an upgrade to pre-LCI 2.0 headlights. On the bright side, my bumpers are cleaner without sensors and MY18 already has the backup camera standard. Perhaps one day I might upgrade them but they do cost an arm and a leg so if you insist on having them, executive package is the way to go.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #26
derekana
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by espressoo View Post
I think it depends on the discount you're getting given the current incentives and etc. If you're getting a mediocre deal to begin with and the vehicle isn't perfectly speced, wait and order it exactly the way you want. Now if they goofed your order and willing to make you a sweet deal, that would sway "my" decision. There's some really lucrative incentives right now ($3K holiday, $1.5K loyalty, $1.5K fleet, $1K hunger, 0.99% APR and etc). If they're willing to throw in the kitchen sink, that to me would easily offset the headlight issue.

My car that just arrived was not ordered and not speced with the executive package. I was praying that it did include the free Icon headlights but I was bummed to find out there's no freebies. Production date was 10/15. I decided to go ahead with the purchase because I got a great deal. Definitely not as cool as the Icon headlights but an upgrade to pre-LCI 2.0 headlights. On the bright side, my bumpers are cleaner without sensors and MY18 already has the backup camera standard. Perhaps one day I might upgrade them but they do cost an arm and a leg so if you insist on having them, executive package is the way to go.

Quote:

[IMG]https://image.ibb.co/dJgpSm/F80_M3.jpg[/IMG]
Just spoke to my guy, he will try to swap one from the one in stock with free adaptive without executive if it is possible, fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #27
Ben Overlake
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

These look a million times better than the outdated bright chrome pre 2.0 headlights. You're doing just fine. I actually think they may look better than the icon version which my car has. Just not a huge fan of BMW's decision to use reflector based LEDs.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #28
espressoo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Just spoke to my guy, he will try to swap one from the one in stock with free adaptive without executive if it is possible, fingers crossed.
I highly doubt that’s possible since adaptive headlights is on the window sticker on those cars. The dealer would be in deep shit if they sold that donor car and the owner realized a listed option was missing and got pissed. I asked as well but realized it’s on the sticker of a car on the lot and didn’t push the issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #29
Crazykoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
The incentives now are pretty good, but were you expecting these when you ordered? How much were you anticipating paying at the time of the order? If the dealer can assure you that your deal will be at least as good as you thought it was going to be at the start, I'd reorder it. Couple months wait for years of satisfaction. My $0.02.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 05:07 PM   #30
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
I highly doubt that’s possible since adaptive headlights is on the window sticker on those cars. The dealer would be in deep shit if they sold that donor car and the owner realized a listed option was missing and got pissed. I asked as well but realized it’s on the sticker of a car on the lot and didn’t push the issue.
Yea this. Trying to swap different colored wheels isn't even allowed.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #31
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post
Yea this. Trying to swap different colored wheels isn't even allowed.
This, this is not Mickey Mouse business. It's a proper BMW dealership that will be accountable for that next car sale which they swapped the lights from.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #32
espressoo
Major
Rep

Your best option is to tell them to give you the max deal on your incoming car. That is invoice plus all incentives. Then ask them to sell you adaptive headlights at their cost and have them installed. Sure it won’t be as good had having the executive package but you don’t have to wait plus you get the CF shaft (something you won’t have if you reorder).

Id be curious to know what dealer cost is for the adaptive headlights. You can also sell your LCI 2.0 headlights to recoup some cost.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #33
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

Quote:
Quote:
Also the wiring is different for both
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 12:18 AM   #34
derekana
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 M3

Every story has a happy ending, I ordered the car at invoice plus incentives, now he just offered me $2000 below invoice plus incentives. He also promised me whenever a retrofit is available, he will sell it to me at cost with free installation.

I am going to pick up the car with the standard LED and decide later if i wanna swap into iconic!!

Thanks everyone for staying with me through this tough day, that extra $2000 made me a happy man.
Appreciate 2
stooker2752.50
      11-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #35
MannyS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Spouse’s M4CX convertible

Great! Cash is king.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread