Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-23-2019, 10:08 AM   #1
M3hf80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Rev-match not working at all after BM3 install

Hi there, I've experienced similar issues to this:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1659771

My car used to rev match in all modes and then sometimes it WON'T rev match even in efficient. It was never tuned and I had the dealer inspect this issue, they couldn't find anything wrong and they had recommended to reset my driving adaptation software. For 3-4 months, my car was driving normal and rev matching worked proper like how it should which is

Rev match in efficient
Rev match in sport
NON rev match in sport plus

After 3-4 months, my car would randomly not rev match in sport which was weird, didn't think much of it as I would then flip it into sport plus then back to sport and it would solve the issue.

This past weekend, I installed Bootmod3 on my car and the setting was to rev match in all 3 modes. I then reflashed the car back to only OEM rev matching settings, and now my car doesn't rev match after 10min of driving in either sport plus, sport or efficient...... I was going to contact them to see if something can be solved but maybe it's a deeper issue than our software? Seemed like no matter what the issue always came back, I kind of liked the rev match feature and don't want to turn it off permanently.
Appreciate 1
icebiker504.00
      10-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

^^^ hmm this is concerning as I have BM3 waiting to be installed.
I know someone with 6spd + bm3 and yes he did say rev match is enabled in all once you flash. But you are able to turn it off in the settings....

Did not know about the flashing to stock and then it messes up everything...
Keep us posted with what they say.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
M3hf80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
^^^ hmm this is concerning as I have BM3 waiting to be installed.
I know someone with 6spd + bm3 and yes he did say rev match is enabled in all once you flash. But you are able to turn it off in the settings....

Did not know about the flashing to stock and then it messes up everything...
Keep us posted with what they say.
I didn't flash my car back to OEM though, I simply reflashed my BM3 to turn off rev match in sport plus but it now doesn't rev match in sport or efficiency after like 10min of driving. Again just drove the car today and it was fine but I'm sure the problem will come back, I've been having this issue for too long lol.

Maybe I can try reflashing it again? I don't want to flash a BM3 map everyday just to get my rev match to work lol
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 09:45 AM   #4
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

M3hf80
Have you tried writing a ticket to their support team?

I don't even have the tune flashed yet and they still answer my questions within the hour.

File a ticket and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
M3hf80

I don't even have the tune flashed yet and they still answer my questions within the hour.

+1

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 10:06 AM   #6
M3hf80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
M3hf80

Not yet because the problem is very on n off, will definitely do so if it becomes a more frequent issue. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #7
GoldilocksF82
Rep
Drives: 2016 6MT F82 M4

I have a 6MT, just went BM3 stage 1 a few days ago. I put Rev-Match enabled in all modes (the pure 6MT enthusiasts would have my head for this), and it's been working perfectly so far.

One thing that I noticed, and made me also think my Rev-Match isn't working properly, is that there's a difference in how BM3 and OEM rev-match operates. With OEM, it will rev-match in ANY scenario. I.E you're in 3rd, throw it into neutral, and then into 2nd. BM3 will ONLY rev-match if it's from gear to gear. So, if going into gear from neutral, it WON'T rev-match and it must be done manually.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0