Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
rnguyennnn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Daily Driven 995WHP Kratos Turbos

Just wanted to share this with the community as more people are starting to do big builds. I purchased the Kratos S55 billet turbos to push my car further. I would first like to thank Cedar-Performance in Dallas, TX for spending countless hours getting my entire build together. Matt does top notch quality work. Dealing with ASR/Kratos was also a very easy and simple process. They tell you how it is and don't play games. If i ever needed any support or guidance, their staff is extremely helpful and fast to respond. Lastly, Halim with HCP has the secret sauce!

The turbos bolted on perfect and we did not have to make any modifications to support them. Install was a breeze for Cedar-Performance. I have about 200 miles on them already after having it for one day and it drives just like stock turbos but faster

The turbos shipped in a nice box and everything was packaged extremely well. It is easily the best packaged mod compared to everything else i purchased for my vehicle. They even called me as soon as the tracking showed drop off to make sure i received my package as FedEx just left it at the door!

The dyno was on mainly on pump E85 but we spiked it with no more than 5 gallons of Ignite Red to increase the ethanol content. I could've easily ran the tank empty and filled the entire thing up with Ignite fuel and pushed the car further but i'm not here to break records. This IS my daily driver.

List of MAJOR mods:
Carbahn Stage 2 engine
SSP clutches
Fuel-It PI
DSS Axles + Driveshaft
Kratos S55 Billet turbos
HCP secret sauce

I played around rotating pictures for about 10 minutes but can't get them to oriented properly.
Attached Images

Last edited by rnguyennnn; 05-23-2019 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 11
      05-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Some solid numbers, congrats on the new setup!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
coldsteelrain
driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Awesome set up
Congrats
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Congratulations on the results and we appreciate the honest review! We're thankful that you allowed us to be part of your build!
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Congratulations on the build! This is easily a $35k+ expense, but I personally wouldn't do it any differently.

I'm curious to know why you went SSP over Dodson, but I suppose it's a toss up between the two. I'm guessing you went with Carbahn's crank hub pinning solution, and perhaps some sort of PI system with upgraded fuel pumps. Did you stick with the factory valvetrain or are you running headgames or similar?

Congrats again! I'm sure you are 1000% happy with this build, but I have a feeling that you're not quite done modding yet
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
rnguyennnn
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@KRATOS View Post
Congratulations on the results and we appreciate the honest review! We're thankful that you allowed us to be part of your build!
Thank you for the awesome product and support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Congratulations on the build! This is easily a $35k+ expense, but I personally wouldn't do it any differently.

I'm curious to know why you went SSP over Dodson, but I suppose it's a toss up between the two. I'm guessing you went with Carbahn's crank hub pinning solution, and perhaps some sort of PI system with upgraded fuel pumps. Did you stick with the factory valvetrain or are you running headgames or similar?

Congrats again! I'm sure you are 1000% happy with this build, but I have a feeling that you're not quite done modding yet
Carbahn's stage 2 engine addresses the crank hub issue and is pretty much bulletproof. If there's someone in the BMW industry that knows engines, Steve Dinan would be one of them. I'm running Fuel-It's port injection with 950cc's. I went with SSP clutches because that is what i had on before i purchased the Kratos turbos and they've held up. Kris customized my set to hold more than the standard Spec-X. I can't speak on behalf of Dodson clutches but i'm sure they're a great product as well. I did upgrade valvesprings using Headgames's kit.

For the car, i'm done modding it. It's been a LONG journey and the only thing i might do is throw 2x12" subs in the back and bolt it down. The factory sound system sucks and I can use the extra weight in the rear!

The R888R's are having some trouble hooking but i am still playing with boost by gear.
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

incredible!!! picks of your ride??? ....that's amazing power, for a daily
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 02:08 PM   #8
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnguyenn View Post
Carbahn's stage 2 engine addresses the crank hub issue and is pretty much bulletproof. If there's someone in the BMW industry that knows engines, Steve Dinan would be one of them. I'm running Fuel-It's port injection with 950cc's. I went with SSP clutches because that is what i had on before i purchased the Kratos turbos and they've held up. Kris customized my set to hold more than the standard Spec-X. I can't speak on behalf of Dodson clutches but i'm sure they're a great product as well. I did upgrade valvesprings using Headgames's kit.

For the car, i'm done modding it. It's been a LONG journey and the only thing i might do is throw 2x12" subs in the back and bolt it down. The factory sound system sucks and I can use the extra weight in the rear!

The R888R's are having some trouble hooking but i am still playing with boost by gear.
Awesome! Did you ever run the numbers with just a 93 octane tune? I'm wondering if your setup is able to do 700+ whp with premium pump gas.

R compound is at its best when you bring them up to temp. You may get better straight line traction efficiency by switching to 305mm width street tires, like PS4S or S007a. I'd also recommend maintaining tire pressure between 29-30 psi cold, but you're the one that has a 900whp daily driver
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2019, 02:30 PM   #9
Bluer2
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

what?!? you couldn't get another 5whp out of it? I would turn up this boost .3psi just to break the 1000whp mark for bragging rights.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #10
AGM_m3f80
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow

Congrats really an astonishing results

Could you post some numbers for 100-200 kph/ 60-130mph . An acceleration clip for this beast with 995 WHP would be very interesting .
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 02:39 PM   #11
Bluer2
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Let me know if you want to sell that Kratos turbo empty box. I'm interested in buying it. lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 02:49 PM   #12
rnguyennnn
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Awesome! Did you ever run the numbers with just a 93 octane tune? I'm wondering if your setup is able to do 700+ whp with premium pump gas.

R compound is at its best when you bring them up to temp. You may get better straight line traction efficiency by switching to 305mm width street tires, like PS4S or S007a. I'd also recommend maintaining tire pressure between 29-30 psi cold, but you're the one that has a 900whp daily driver
I'm going to have my 93OCT map dialed in soon. It should be around 700whp. My rear tires are always at 28-30psi cold except in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer2 View Post
what?!? you couldn't get another 5whp out of it? I would turn up this boost .3psi just to break the 1000whp mark for bragging rights.
I could easily achieve 1000whp if i really wanted to on the dyno but i'm waiting for my Kratos sticker, HCP and of course Cedar-Performance stickers to come in. That alone i'm told is worth a solid 5whp each. That's on the conservative side
Appreciate 2
guess2098516.00
JTO245271.50
      05-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #13
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm going to have my 93OCT map dialed in soon. It should be around 700whp. My rear tires are always at 28-30psi cold except in the rain.
i was wonder no one post any update yet and thank you for sharing your result

very interesting on the result of 93 map.
how much boost do you run right now?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 06:15 PM   #14
NCThreePedals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 GT4/Audi Q8/F15 Diesel

Love it, quality build with quality products! I'd love to do a turbo upgrade but most if not all require downpipes and I cannot stand the sound of this car with downpipes so stock turbo and 93 tune will hold me over at half of what you make

Get some videos and pics uploaded of the ride!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #15
rnguyennnn
Private First Class
Rep

I daily the car at 40psi. I don’t take lots of pictures cause the car is pretty stock. Here’s the best picture i have for now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
Gtracer52.50
sabrina493.50
JTO245271.50
Kilabyte3946.50
HotRodM4682.50
Mr_M//123.50
      05-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #16
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
I daily the car at 40psi. I don’t take lots of pictures cause the car is pretty stock. Here’s the best picture i have for now.
Talk about a sleeper!
Appreciate 3
Graves1130.00
NORAGRETS440.50
      05-23-2019, 09:08 PM   #17
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

clean, your going to absolutely shock the h$%% out of people....badass
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 01:54 AM   #18
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Awesome Build there bro, attention to detail is great!!!

Kratos turbo's have to be the best packaged units ever sold, great attention to detail.
please when you get a gap run some test for us, 100-200 or 60-130
I estimate it under 5s with that kind of power.

I think what I find most impressive is that at 3.5k this makes more power/torque than a stock m3 and that the torque is smoother and less aggressive than a stock car.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 02:23 AM   #19
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Wow, congrats on those heavy numbers! Love how the car is such a sleeper too!.

Kratos makes the best turbos hands down, highest quality and best of all their service is always very professional. It reflects who they are and that's important.

Having owned a performance shop before with a dyno cell, tuning cars, building engines and a successful racing program I know can be a very tough critic because I demanded the best.

When I begin my F80 project it will most certainly be with Kratos Turbos. These guys are the real deal.

Again congrats to everyone involved in this incredible build. And just pump e85 too? Can only imagine with some ignite e85.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #20
rnguyennnn
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPro_F80 View Post

Kratos makes the best turbos hands down, highest quality and best of all their service is always very professional. It reflects who they are and that's important.

Having owned a performance shop before with a dyno cell, tuning cars, building engines and a successful racing program I know can be a very tough critic because I demanded the best.

When I begin my F80 project it will most certainly be with Kratos Turbos. These guys are the real deal.

Again congrats to everyone involved in this incredible build. And just pump e85 too? Can only imagine with some ignite e85.
Kratos makes a fantastic product combined with Halim's tuning, you can't go wrong. The dyno pull was on pump E85. I did put about 2 gallons of Ignite in it to see if it'd make a difference and it did some. There is definitely more power left on the table with proper fueling. However since it is my daily driver, i do not plan on running anything other than pump fuel as i already have to pump gas about every 2-3 days...depending how i drive. I'll be posting more videos and pictures on my IG @RNGUYENNNN now that i have the car back in my possession. It been a long ride to get to this point.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #21
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPro_F80 View Post

Kratos makes a fantastic product combined with Halim's tuning, you can't go wrong. The dyno pull was on pump E85. I did put about 2 gallons of Ignite in it to see if it'd make a difference and it did some. There is definitely more power left on the table with proper fueling. However since it is my daily driver, i do not plan on running anything other than pump fuel as i already have to pump gas about every 2-3 days...depending how i drive. I'll be posting more videos and pictures on my IG @RNGUYENNNN now that i have the car back in my possession. It been a long ride to get to this point.
Did you made adjustment to tuning after you put ignite fuel or you just wanted to see the difference?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:57 AM   #22
rnguyennnn
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3anPower View Post
Did you made adjustment to tuning after you put ignite fuel or you just wanted to see the difference?
No adjustments were made tuning wise. We saw the difference in the data logs.
Appreciate 1