Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

09-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #23
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by RElias21 View Post
This is good input.

HOWEVER, it is one thing to tip BEFOREHAND, in order to get good service. That's not necessarily good service. It's purchased service or, from a more cynical perspective, bribery.

It's an entirely different thing to tip AFTER receiving good service, as a sign of your appreciation of the good service.

I'm not really commenting on whether one is right or one is wrong. I'm just saying, they're not one in the same, IMHO.
Oh absolutely different. There shouldn't be any tipping to "entice" anyone to do better. I was just speaking on a job well done. I will say this, since I tipped my garbage guys + left some water bottles out for them when it was god awful humid/hot, they bring my cans back to my house for me.
Appreciate 1
RElias21562.50
      09-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #24
e90post_user
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

As far as tipping your service advisor, my issue is that I do not have access to the guys who actually performed the work - I'd tip them. It's completely different when you work with an independent shop and most likely interact with the guys who worked on your car.
I tip the gas station attendants (in NJ we are not allowed to pump our own gas), garbage collectors, etc.
However, reading this thread I'd make it a point starting this year to bring a bottle of champagne or wine to my service advisor for Christmas/New Year.
      09-27-2021, 07:58 PM   #25
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

+1 for Circle BMW now called Circle Motorsports in Eatontown / Long Branch area on Route 36 south. I've been going there even though they are about an hour plus away from my house.. great service by Tim and his team.. never a upsell.. I don't mind to travel a bit further to get outstanding service.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5390.00
      09-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #26
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
+1 for Circle BMW now called Circle Motorsports in Eatontown / Long Branch area on Route 36 south. I've been going there even though they are about an hour plus away from my house.. great service by Tim and his team.. never a upsell.. I don't mind to travel a bit further to get outstanding service.
Tim has been one of the best tri-state area service advisors for a very long time. He also is a true BMW enthusiast.
Appreciate 1
PhatLyfe985.00