Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

10-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2018 M550i, 2022 M4

USB Video - Zoom Mode? Has to be a way to code this!!!

I coded my car to play video via USB in the armrest. The video works perfect, except that I do not have the option to do the ZOOM Mode (which is available through dvd mode). I also do not have an option for Video Setting (cant adjust brightness, contrast and color). I am almost certain there has to be a way to code this, so that the option becomes available. Anyone that speaks German...can you please figure this out. I think it will help out a lot of people. The video would look a lot better if it was full screen.

I also saw that there is an option to Activate Miracast. This is kind of telling me that we might be able to stream video wirelessly to the screen. Anyone figure this one out?

So many options to code it is really crazy. I am surprised that people have not played around with all the options yet. I wanted to start activating everything I can, but realized it might not be worth destroying my car over.

Let me know if anyone can help out with the ZOOM Mode.
      11-20-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep

Solution finally found. USB Videos play full screen.

Solution provided by powerdbygarrett and can be found here: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1188260
      11-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #3
Adcampo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Manual

What types videos and sources can you play? YouTube?
      11-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #4
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcampo View Post
What types videos and sources can you play? YouTube?
I got all my videos from Youtube...but I think the system is able to play lots of different types of videos. I saw somewhere that it should be able to read divx. I know that most divx players can read most video types....but I havent been able to test it, though.

Youtube videos is just so easy. Get a youtube downloader and all the videos are at your finger tips.
      06-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Any way to use Miracast fullscreen?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #6
~ViO~
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2015 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoce1 View Post
I coded my car to play video via USB in the armrest. The video works perfect, except that I do not have the option to do the ZOOM Mode (which is available through dvd mode). I also do not have an option for Video Setting (cant adjust brightness, contrast and color). I am almost certain there has to be a way to code this, so that the option becomes available. Anyone that speaks German...can you please figure this out. I think it will help out a lot of people. The video would look a lot better if it was full screen.

I also saw that there is an option to Activate Miracast. This is kind of telling me that we might be able to stream video wirelessly to the screen. Anyone figure this one out?

So many options to code it is really crazy. I am surprised that people have not played around with all the options yet. I wanted to start activating everything I can, but realized it might not be worth destroying my car over.

Let me know if anyone can help out with the ZOOM Mode.

I came across this youtube video that suggest the NBT EVO's can zoom USB Video via the same type of zoom screen as where the DVD gets its zoom and picture options.. I think if this was looked into further from some qualified coders perhaps this missing code could be added to the the regular non-EVO NBT screen.

Watch "BMW F15 NBT EVO ZOOM VIDEO from USB" on YouTube;

Appreciate 0