R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-07-2022, 02:23 PM   #1
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

Inner tire wear - new sway bar input

After tracking an F80 I am getting inner trad wear on F/R. I know camber plates will help with the front but I am having the same wear in the rear. I just replaced a set of tires and do not want these wearing out too fast. Car has stock suspension. Four wheel alignment was good.

What size sway bars (F/R) and brand does anyone recommend and why? Warranty issues, quality, fitment, end links, adjustability?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 06:58 PM   #2
uncle ben
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

It might have something to do with your alignment toe setting. In the rear switching to eccentric lockout toe links will help the rear suspension have consistent toe, where the factory eccentric adjustment can apparently change when tracking.

Not sure what could be causing front tire inner wear. That’s not common. Most people have outside shoulder wear when tracking.

Is the suspension stock? Any mods?
Appreciate 0