BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

02-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

X-PH Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps Review

Picked these up when I saw the new products that Mike had posted last week. These are replacement caps and not the carbon fiber overlays that X-PH used to sell (which I had a set of, and fit pretty well for being overlays). Regular price is $279 shipped, but I got them for about $200 shipped with their 30% off deal.

Recevied them today, the shipping box looks like it was cut open but there was no damage to the mirror caps and they're packaged quite well.

The weave looks perfect to me, no noticeable blemishes or issues. I will note that these are what I'm assuming is carbon fiber overlayed on ABS mirror caps- not dry carbon caps. At this price point, I didn't expect them to be dry carbon mirror caps.

Install is a breeze if you've taken your mirror caps off previously- the first time I did this on my M3, I took off the mirror and popped the clips off from inside the mirror assembly. Now I'm lazy and just take a curved plastic pry tool, and a few sturdy taps with a mallet gets the mirror cap off.

For the installation, I noticed that the clips and fitment was a bit snugger than the OEM covers. I snapped a clip on the driver's side cap as it took me a few attempts to get them properly lined up. I got both sides done in ~5 minutes.

Fitment is pretty good, I'd say 7.5-8/10- they don't sit completely flush like the OEM mirror caps do (I'd assume because they're layered CF over an ABS cover, which adds a little thickness), but fitment is pretty good considering they're 1/4 the price of OEM Mperf CF caps. I had a similar set on my old M3 that I bought from a member here, who told me he got them off ebay, and these X-PH ones fit considerable better.

Here's a link to the product page: https://x-ph.com/xph-mirror-cover-re...ber-bmw-m3-m4/

On to the pics (please excuse my car's filth, we've gotten a couple snowstorms recently here):

Appreciate 1
      02-16-2021, 09:59 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you and congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0