BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

03-28-2022, 04:06 PM   #16589
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post

Tom Segura's tweet not holding back, rightly so.

They were shocked but not shocked enough to do anything about it.

[SIZE="6"]BUT ANYWAY[/SIZE]

Officially, the best-looking G8x M3/M4 variant! Including the cover. And they've got a history of reveal just one quarter panel at a time.
Again, I don't agree with what he did, but maybe if you are 4 inches shorter and 50 pound lighter you shouldn't be talking shit. This wasn't Chris's first shots at them either.
He's a comedian. Comedians take shots at everybody. Smith is being as sensitive as the LGBTQABCEDFG community.
are you aware of her condition?

"Just a few months ago, Jada Pinkett Smith opened up publicly about her struggle with an autoimmune disorder called alopecia, or hair loss. What began as several hairless patches on her scalp extended to more, and she made the decision to shave her hair completely, as well as to share her story with the world"
Yes I am, but that's irrelevant. Comedians joke about fat people, skinny people, HIV positive people, people with herpes, etc. They all have conditions; even somebody obese or anorexic could he dealing with a medical condition.
We all know it's not a good idea to talk about female hair and definitely not in this case. Obviously this is a sensitive topic for her. Will did overreact no question about it.
Wait! Female hair is somehow now off limits?!?!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:07 PM   #16590
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
YUP! I feel sorry for Will man. He's got everything except respect from his wife. That is a sad place to be. Man, she fucked her son's friend. How fuuucked up is that shit!?! Now Will's losing more street cred b/c damn, CR took that like a CHAMP! He showed great restraint and de-escalated it even going so far as holding back more jokes since the last thing he said was, "I could...nah" lol.
I don’t think he knew what to do. Props to him for carrying on with he show.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24815.50
MFNATIK3487.00
      03-28-2022, 04:12 PM   #16591
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
So extrapolating it….

…should we stop all fat jokes? Not everybody who is dealing with obesity got that way from one too many quarts of ice cream. I get where you're coming from, but I just see the world changing drastically and it's not in a positive way. Comedy was the last frontier. Some of the best jokes are the harshest (…and this G.I. Jane joke was nothing). Have you ever listened to a roast-fest. Geez! Some of those roasts are seriously hard core…..

….but nobody got/gets assaulted.

No matter what is uttered, one person doesn't have the right to commit battery upon another.

P.S. Comedians often take the truth and make light of it. Rock's earlier shots at the couple are because they made their personal lives everybody else's business.
Personally, I love all kinds of jokes, even the really bad ones. For the large part (see what I did there), fat people have done that to themselves. If someone has a disease and it is pretty well known they are sensitive about it, maybe don’t take the easy shot and head elsewhere with your act.

You can’t tell me you haven’t rolled up on a scene and agreed with that someone deserved to get there ass kicked (or bitch slapped) for what they said/how they acted. You still have to do your job but you know what I mean.

Again, people can say whatever they want. But whether right or wrong sometimes it will come with consequences. I’m just saying the world would probably be better place if the vast majority of us (yes including me) thought a little bit longer before they said it.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:13 PM   #16592
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
See that is where I disagree. One, it wasn’t funny. Two, he’s gone after them in the past out of context. I don’t think he is innocent in any of this.

Hollywood for what they wanted. Us talking about the Oscars which nobody would be doing if this didn’t happens. Also, as I said before it is pretty disingenuous to make you living in a large part by glorifying violence etc and then complaining it is out of line when it happens in real life situation lie this. If this was a movie people would of been cheering in the theater that the annoying little bully got put in his place.
CR was doing his job which was tell jokes and roast celebrities. And it was funny. Alopecia isn't terminal. I too am bald but I don't punch every person that makes a joke about it. But committing battery isn't really an option, again, especially in that setting. He's lucky they didn't remove him, most likely b/c it would have escalated things further and really derailed the show. Probably the safest call at that point for the academy people to make.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24815.50
AlterZgo1537.50
      03-28-2022, 04:15 PM   #16593
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
CR was doing his job which was tell jokes and roast celebrities. And it was funny. Alopecia isn't terminal. I too am bald but I don't punch every person that makes a joke about it. But committing battery isn't really an option, again, especially in that setting. He's lucky they didn't remove him, most likely b/c it would have escalated things further and really derailed the show. Probably the safest call at that point for the academy people to make.
That’s a matter of perspective, I didn’t think it was funny. There are limits, especially in that type of show IMO.

Violence is always an option, 99% of the time it is the wrong one. Funny, I think he should’ve been removed and definitely not allowed to accept his award and make long acceptance/sorry speech.
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3487.00
      03-28-2022, 04:16 PM   #16594
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
That’s a matter of perspective, I didn’t think it was funny. There are limits, especially in that type of show IMO.

Violence is always an option, 99% of the time it is the wrong one. Funny, I think he should’ve been removed and definitely not allowed to accept his award and make long acceptance/sorry speech.
I agree, I felt they should have done it right away but I'm sure everyone was in shock and didn't know what to do since this has never happened before. Hopefully never again.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      03-28-2022, 04:17 PM   #16595
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I agree, I felt they should have done it right away but I'm sure everyone was in shock and didn't know what to do since this has never happened before. Hopefully never again.
Agreed, it was pretty obvious nobody knew what to do and for good reason.
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3487.00
      03-28-2022, 04:24 PM   #16596
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So extrapolating it….

…should we stop all fat jokes? Not everybody who is dealing with obesity got that way from one too many quarts of ice cream. I get where you're coming from, but I just see the world changing drastically and it's not in a positive way. Comedy was the last frontier. Some of the best jokes are the harshest (…and this G.I. Jane joke was nothing). Have you ever listened to a roast-fest. Geez! Some of those roasts are seriously hard core…..

….but nobody got/gets assaulted.

No matter what is uttered, one person doesn't have the right to commit battery upon another.

P.S. Comedians often take the truth and make light of it. Rock's earlier shots at the couple are because they made their personal lives everybody else's business.
You can't tell me you haven't rolled up on a scene and agreed with that someone deserved to get there ass kicked (or bitch slapped) for what they said/how they acted. You still have to do your job but you know what I mean.
Yes, but a professional comedian isn't the same as some street bully getting what they deserved.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:24 PM   #16597
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Isn't masvidal going to prison for felony assault for a similar move?

I mean, talking shit blah blah blah, but that doesn't stop the judge from putting you in prison right?

Kinda feels like America is devolving into the rootin tootin Wild West!

Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
Sedan_Clan24815.50
stein_325i25051.00
      03-28-2022, 04:26 PM   #16598
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

I mean, talking shit blah blah blah, but that doesn't stop the judge from putting you in prison right?

Dunno who that is. Yup, Will should face consequences for his actions.

More than just ‘Merica, the whole damn planet.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24815.50
      03-28-2022, 04:26 PM   #16599
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:

It's the Wild West for sure. Sometimes I just want to park and watch it devolve right in front of my eyes.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
GrussGott18113.00
      03-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #16600
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but a professional comedian isn't the same as some street bully getting what they deserved.
Hmm, mmm, err………

Geography/semantics to me in some ways. I am torn/unsure.

Not saying this because you are African American, but I’m surprised nobody punched the Seinfeld dude that went off on his racist rant. I give whoever was in that audience tons of credit for restraining themselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 04:32 PM   #16601
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm, mmm, err………

Geography/semantics to me in some ways. I am torn/unsure.

Not saying this because you are African American, but I'm surprised nobody punched the Seinfeld dude that went off on his racist rant. I give whoever was in that audience tons of credit for restraining themselves.
What was racist about his rant? I'm unfamiliar with the incident. That said, racist words are just words. The wording only has the power you give it/them. Free speech - in the context of offensive verbiage - shouldn't be limited because it offends me or somebody else.
Appreciate 1
dizz81296.00
      03-28-2022, 04:36 PM   #16602
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
What was racist about his rant? I'm unfamiliar with the incident. That said, racist words are just words. The wording only has the power you give it/them. Free speech - in the context of offensive verbiage - shouldn't be limited because it offends me or somebody else.
I can’t even post it. He went nuts and screamed the N word at a guy a bunch of times. It was the Kramer from Seinfeld actor whatever his name is in real life.

You of all people know we are emotional beings and some people have bad days and that one last thing pushes them over the edge. Not saying it is right, but you wouldn’t have a job if people didn’t have emotions etc.

I know I’ve been close to smacking people before but the consequences of whatever stopped me. We’ve all been there.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 05:09 PM   #16603
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I find the whole thing strange really. Especially since High School or something, Will Smith has given that "clean" look. He even said all that in the songs he wrote and sang. So, for him to do this, regardless if he was angry or not was weird.

Chris Rock, I don't like him and honestly never did. I find most of his jokes tasteless and he seems to like to get a kick out of pissing people off just to do it because it is in his job description.
      03-28-2022, 05:49 PM   #16604
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Do a simple YouTube search. Michael Richards lost his shit. I don't think anyone rushed him because they were all in shock.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 06:41 PM   #16605
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

I was not expecting Will Smith to make it into the banned thread today but I must say its definitely a very interesting and weird moment at the Oscars. What would have been an easily forgettable joke had Will not done what he had done, is now a video with over 50 million views in less than 24 hours on YouTube and destined to be a trending topic for the next week.

While I can see how the joke was offensive to his wife, I still think publicly slapping Chris on TV was definitely the wrong move, there are much better ways to deal with it. I also agree with Sedan_Clan that people in general are becoming way too soft and offended about everything, comedy seems to be censored each and every day now.
Sedan_Clan24815.50
minn1913970.00
GERMAN M34176.50
GrussGott18113.00
      03-28-2022, 07:30 PM   #16606
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
I just think people should have thicker skin. It's not like he called Jada disrespectful words, called her a hoe/tramp (…and we all know she has hoe/tramp tendencies), etc. He merely uttered a G.I. Jane joke. That was tame as far as jokes go.
Thank you Sedan clan You seem to be the voice of reason here.

What I'm surprised at - that we became so sensitive so quickly.
Watch this 2020 G9olden globes. Much rougher jokes. Nobody punched anyone there.

Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24815.50
GrussGott18113.00
AlterZgo1537.50
      03-28-2022, 07:40 PM   #16607
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I was not expecting Will Smith to make it into the banned thread today but I must say its definitely a very interesting and weird moment at the Oscars. What would have been an easily forgettable joke had Will not done what he had done, is now a video with over 50 million views in less than 24 hours on YouTube and destined to be a trending topic for the next week.

While I can see how the joke was offensive to his wife, I still think publicly slapping Chris on TV was definitely the wrong move, there are much better ways to deal with it. I also agree with Sedan_Clan that people in general are becoming way too soft and offended about everything, comedy seems to be censored each and every day now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Quote:
I just think people should have thicker skin. It's not like he called Jada disrespectful words, called her a hoe/tramp (…and we all know she has hoe/tramp tendencies), etc. He merely uttered a G.I. Jane joke. That was tame as far as jokes go.
Thank you Sedan clan You seem to be the voice of reason here.

What I'm surprised at - that we became so sensitive so quickly.
Watch this 2020 G9olden globes. Much rougher jokes. Nobody punched anyone there.

I'm almost at a point where I'm going the opposite direction and purposely being more "abrasive" in certain situations just so people will stop with the sensitivity nonsense.

Case in point (…and I'll keep it short)…..

….there was a video a few weeks ago of an Orange County Deputy shooting a thief in a Walmart who had a gun in his waistband. Prior to the shooting, the Deputy is heard telling the suspect - who was 40-ish years old - that he is too old to be stealing and he needs to stop stealing, get a job and be a man. In reading the Instagram comments, many were saying the Deputy was being too harsh and too mean. When I responded that I say that to people I detain all of the time, I get called a dumb ni66a [by other blacks], a bitch, that I don't deserve to have a badge & gun, etc. Really?!?! Telling a man to grow up, stop committing crimes and be a man is now "too mean"?!?! WTF?!?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CanTJMY...dium=copy_link

Here's the video. I am kneedragger_s in the comments.
Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
Multimodal2857.00
jmg18493.00
      03-28-2022, 08:34 PM   #16608
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
See that is where I disagree. One, it wasn’t funny. Two, he’s gone after them in the past out of context. I don’t think he is innocent in any of this.

Hollywood for what they wanted. Us talking about the Oscars which nobody would be doing if this didn’t happens. Also, as I said before it is pretty disingenuous to make you living in a large part by glorifying violence etc and then complaining it is out of line when it happens in real life situation lie this. If this was a movie people would of been cheering in the theater that the annoying little bully got put in his place.
Show me an example where Chris Rock went after them?

Will’s wife has a damn talk show broadcasting every little secret about them to millions of ppl. That is more embarrassing than any joke ever made by CR.
Also lets not forget Will Smith used to clown ppl his whole life going back to his Prince days and abusing Carlton. Now all of a sudden he can’t take a joke.

What he did was criminal and weak imo. A real man would handle it backstage and not sucker punch another person while they are doing their job on national tv!

Jada got him on some crazy voodoo spell.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24815.50
      03-28-2022, 08:47 PM   #16609
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Show me an example where Chris Rock went after them?

Will’s wife has a damn talk show broadcasting every little secret about them to millions of ppl. That is more embarrassing than any joke ever made by CR.
Also lets not forget Will Smith used to clown ppl his whole life going back to his Prince days and abusing Carlton. Now all of a sudden he can’t take a joke.

What he did was criminal and weak imo. A real man would handle it backstage and not sucker punch another person while they are doing their job on national tv!

Jada got him on some crazy voodoo spell.
Sheesh. I really don’t care that much, it’s just what I read.

White flag, Will and Jada are evil and Rock is the nicest guy ever. Better?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 08:56 PM   #16610
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Well that escalated quickly.

Also, I feel like some people on here don't actually know what "sucker punch" means. Can we still call it a sucker punch when you walk up to a dude dead ass serious and knock him out?
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00