R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-21-2022, 05:29 PM   #45
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonf49 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmunk View Post
At that point, you might as well ppf the whole car.
But it won’t have the same shine and hydrophobic properties as a ceramic coating, right? I was planning on doing the hood, bumper, front fenders, and front mirrors in Suntek PPF and covering the whole car in the Feynlab ceramic coating.

Another user on here said he did that combo too and he loves it.
Quote:
Quote:
But it won't have the same shine and hydrophobic properties as a ceramic coating, right? I was planning on doing the hood, bumper, front fenders, and front mirrors in Suntek PPF and covering the whole car in the Feynlab ceramic coating.

If you can afford to PPF the entire thing do it. It looks amazing. I have ceramic coat on top of PPF.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 05:29 PM   #46
jonf49
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 Competition

I just also found out from the Feynlab plus self healing ceramic coat place that he just initially recommended using a leaf blower and if there are any remaining water spots to just use 50/50 white vinegar with water.

The other option is only the Feynlab detailing spray for a drying agent as others will void the 7 yr warranty.

He did say you have to learn to put the Feynlab detailing spray on .. he said it’s basically like a booster. But he did say it is a little difficult to apply. Seemed to feel that the above method would be best for me.. and said if I use a microfiber cloth for remaining water areas I should be fine without a drying if I just drag lightly and the self healing will take care of anything.

Hope this works. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 05:35 PM   #47
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But it won't have the same shine and hydrophobic properties as a ceramic coating, right? I was planning on doing the hood, bumper, front fenders, and front mirrors in Suntek PPF and covering the whole car in the Feynlab ceramic coating.

There is no such thing as truly healing ceramic.

Dry after leaf blower with Adam's waterless. You have everything you need in this thread. I'll post one more resource.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 05:37 PM   #48
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Watch all the videos about ceramic and maintenance

https://youtube.com/c/Esotericdetail

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...ZR0seEmVS17vPu
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 09:56 PM   #49
jonf49
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEof500 View Post

Dry after leaf blower with Adam's waterless. You have everything you need in this thread. I'll post one more resource.
Esoteric has Kamikaze Zipang right? That’s supposed to be self healing.
The heat supposedly self heals the swirls, etc, right? That’s what I’ve been reading and told.

Still, I’m going with Feynlab.. is there anyway a place can tell what kind of drying agent I’ve been using … like Adam’s for example… because Feynlab did say it would void the 7 yr warranty. I can just say I used Feynlabs detailer and they can’t tell, right?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 10:33 PM   #50
jonf49
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Is this the one you’re talking about using as a drying agent?

https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Ceramic-Waterless-Wash-Hydrophobic/dp/B07PG9ZVZP/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?crid=3PXO9WL57MMRC&keywords=ad ams+waterless+wash&qid=1655868501&sprefix=adams+wa ter%2Caps%2C130&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzQzIxS zNLMzhSNkVEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjU4MDA1TUpLTzg3QkR QVVQ3JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0Mjc0MTEyQllRM1AyUEkyO VJKJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3R pb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Sorry for the long link. How do I know if it’s compatible with the ceramic coating I am getting? Might just use a leaf blower and use the microfiber to get off the remaining spots. Don’t want to risk the adams stuff not being compatible with my specific ceramic coating.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 12:07 AM   #51
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Is this the one you're talking about using as a drying agent?

https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Ceramic...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Sorry for the long link. How do I know if it's compatible with the ceramic coating I am getting? Might just use a leaf blower and use the microfiber to get off the remaining spots. Don't want to risk the adams stuff not being compatible with my specific ceramic coating.
Look at the videos in the 2nd link he explains self healing. Ceramic coating with healing heals micro marring. You have analysis paralysis. The Adam's won't harm any ceramic coating. Remember your coatings stands up to road grime, tree sap, bird crap etc etc. waterless is not going to harm it. If you have the budget and you want the best then use polish angel cosmic spritz. It's amazing on top of a coating.

One more time:

PPF whole car if you can afford - I have Xpel ultimate plus.

Coating get one that work well with PPF and or PPF and paint. Miyabi coat does well at this there are others. I used miyabi.

Wash car I use car pro reset.

Dry with leaf blower

Dry with microfiber and something that helps lubricate and or maintain your coating. If coating maintenance it's not required at every wash. I use Adam's for remaining water spots and cosmic spritz for maintenance. You could use car pro reload instead is cosmic.

Stop worrying about it and go do it. My PPF'd and coated car is 100 times easier to wash and care for. Raw paint is a pain to keep swirl free. The PPF / Ceramic looks great and is easy. Really the PPF alone would have been fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 12:15 AM   #52
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Esoteric has Kamikaze Zipang right? That's supposed to be self healing.
The heat supposedly self heals the swirls, etc, right? That's what I've been reading and told.

Still, I'm going with Feynlab.. is there anyway a place can tell what kind of drying agent I've been using … like Adam's for example… because Feynlab did say it would void the 7 yr warranty. I can just say I used Feynlabs detailer and they can't tell, right?
There is no way they would know. There is no coating that has a 7 year durability. Go look at the esoteric videos they explain durability.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 02:22 PM   #53
jonf49
Captain
Rep

Quote:
There is no way they would know. There is no coating that has a 7 year durability. Go look at the esoteric videos they explain durability.
Is the adams ceramic spray that I posted above about the one you were recommending? And would I go over the whole car with it after the blower to maintain the ceramic coating between boost coats?

Can someone provide possibly an Amazon link to the Adams drying agent?

Also, will the car look glossier in areas where the drying agent was used? Just looking for a drying agent that will let me work on the areas with water spots.

I’ll use the Feynlab boost coat like every 6 mo.

Last edited by jonf49; 06-22-2022 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 03:16 PM   #54
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

if you have a black car ppf is the way to go. ceramic is a good second option that will also help prevent swirls with proper maintenance.

ppf does have its drawbacks. its very installer dependent. and unless its done in a clean room you will find dust and fibers trapped under it which is especially noticeable on non metallic blacks. but overall it makes car care 100x easier since you never have to worry about swirls or chips. i had the llumar ppf which is self healing.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 03:18 PM   #55
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35poppedmycherry View Post
harbor freight

pittsburgh automotive 300ct microfiber lol
      06-22-2022, 04:36 PM   #56
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Is the adams ceramic spray that I posted above about the one you were recommending? And would I go over the whole car with it after the blower to maintain the ceramic coating between boost coats?

Can someone provide possibly an Amazon link to the Adams drying agent?

Also, will the car look glossier in areas where the drying agent was used? Just looking for a drying agent that will let me work on the areas with water spots.

I'll use the Feynlab boost coat like every 6 mo.
Jon buddy!!!! Seriously I dig the passion but give yourself a break. I am a details guy but you are way over thinking this. Yes that's the Adam's spray. Just spray some on the towel and wipe up any water droplets the leaf blower didn't get. No it won't be glossier in places where you used it vs not. You don't need a drying agent.

You are cleaning your car not launching a rocket. It's all going to be great, you will Iove the outcome and you won't ruin anything.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2022, 05:17 PM   #57
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickl630 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35poppedmycherry View Post
harbor freight

pittsburgh automotive 300ct microfiber lol
Hey man, aside from all the bs marketing.
Cheap towels that are replaced at frequent intervals will always be better than expensive good towels.

Many will not see past the marketing
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 05:29 PM   #58
jonf49
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Jon buddy!!!! Seriously I dig the passion but give yourself a break. I am a details guy but you are way over thinking this. Yes that's the Adam's spray. Just spray some on the towel and wipe up any water droplets the leaf blower didn't get. No it won't be glossier in places where you used it vs not. You don't need a drying agent.

You are cleaning your car not launching a rocket. It's all going to be great, you will Iove the outcome and you won't ruin anything.
understood
Thanks for your help. I think I’ve got the method down now.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 07:36 PM   #59
jonf49
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well, it’s warranted for 7 yrs so if it loses any of its properties they have to reapply. Only condition is I do one boost coat at their place every year.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 09:15 PM   #60
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

This is how I wash my car:

This is Pan's latest video on his favorite towel:

As for a drying agent, recently he rated the one sold by Obsessed Garage as one of his top ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 10:15 AM   #61
jonf49
Captain
Rep

Quote:
If you can afford to PPF the entire thing do it. It looks amazing. I have ceramic coat on top of PPF.
Did you tint your sides and front windshield?

If so what %? Nice car. Mine is a also black.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 10:38 AM   #62
F82 ZCP
Private
Rep
Drives: M2CS F87

Whoa! Somehow a Microfiber towel question turned into a lesson in Ceramic products...interesting

For the OP I recently had PPF installed on my entire front end (including up the door post and part way on the CF roof) and also includes the headlights and mirrors. I too had Ceramic Pro applied to the entire car (post stage 1 paint correction) and I think it turned out amazing and the car is now protected (see below).

In reference to managing ceramic pro there are many ideas but due to hard water here in AZ...I choose to not wash my car and use the waterless wash & wax approach and my car always looks amazing and I can detail it at night in the garage with this method if I choose. I can detail the entire car including wheels and calipers in 1.5 hours.
Attached Images

06-27-2022, 05:29 PM   #63
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yes. Sides / back 35% ceramic. Front 70% ceramic. My car is Macao Blue it's a 30 Jahre Edition.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 05:44 PM   #64
AlmondJayRoM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Don’t overthink it and just keep the microfibers free of contaminants. Most microfiber towels, even the cheap ones won’t scratch your paint. Scratches usually are due to user error with not keeping the towels clean or separated by type of use. I prefer large waffle weave towels for drying as they are less likely to hold onto said contaminants and debris. I just don’t put a lot of pressure and let the towel do the work. If I use a detailing spray as a drying agent I follow up with a a microfiber with a thicker pile.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 11:13 PM   #65
jonf49
Captain
Rep

For those with large microfiber towels - do you find it makes a difference whether you lay them out flat and pat the undersurface dry, or do you see no problem in dragging the towel over the surface? Getting picky here
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 11:15 AM   #66
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Griot's towels are phenominal
However, we do keep a costco pack in the trunk just in case.