proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-15-2022, 05:59 PM   #1
kamilbaran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 Yas Marina M3, '17 M240i

Building tips on F80 M3 (DINAN)

Hey there I'm looking into building my 2018 m3 and im also leaning towards getting it the 10points required for dinan certification. I already have the Axelback exhaust from them, midpipes, and simple pedals to get half of the points required. I'm leaning towards getting their stage 1 tune for the added power since I was only able to go stage 1 on my JB4 tune since it I did it when the car was all stock. With the tune and also dinans heat exchanger I'll have enough for dinan certification and I need opinions on how or what to build off of from there. currently I have ordered and coming in VSRF catless downpipes for to added bit of power and engine noise. I am a big fan of the burbles from the dinan exhaust although they arent crazy long because of my tune but I want to overall try to keep my cars engine and trans warranty intact as much as I can, If anyone has any tips to lead me in a good direction so i dont blow something I would really appreciate it, Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 12:02 PM   #2
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Im not sure that you actually can build much from there, power-wise. The Dinan piggyback is very set-it and forget-it. Could do some intakes I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 12:10 PM   #3
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

I thought Dinan/carbahn had a ECU flash tune vs just the piggy

Tune, heat exchanger, charge pipes, intake
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #4
kamilbaran
Private First Class
Rep

Do you have a recommendation for charge pipes?

And I'm trying to just run off the best stuff I can with the dinan parts I need for badge certification till warranty ends later next year.

Would it smart to remove the cats from the dinan midpipe for increased noise or should i leave that untouched?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 01:42 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilbaran View Post
Do you have a recommendation for charge pipes?

Thanks!
Lots of good options, it depends on your budget and whether you are looking for aluminum / carbon fiber and which finish

MAD is the best value (powder-coated black)
Eventuri best carbon fiber charge pipes
Evolution Racewerks best finish on an aluminum charge pipe comes in brushed, polished or anodized black

We carry a lot more brands including ARM, CTS Turbo and BMS. All offer charge pipes for a reasonable price.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 12:48 PM   #6
S.Carter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ER DP, BM3 Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilbaran View Post
I want to overall try to keep my cars engine and trans warranty intact as much as I can,
Wouldnt doing anything with downpipes and intake void any engine/powertrain warranty? Same with a tune, if BMW sees this you're SOL in my experience.
      05-17-2022, 03:26 PM   #7
kamilbaran
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Carter View Post
Wouldnt doing anything with downpipes and intake void any engine/powertrain warranty? Same with a tune, if BMW sees this you're SOL in my experience.
The dinan authorized dealer informed me that if its a dinan based product it wont touch anything w the warranty such as their intakes, and the downpipes wouldn't cause an issue more towards the dinan warranty on their midpipe and downpipe but said I shouldn't have issues but we will see havent had an issue with them, hopefully lol.
Appreciate 0