Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

09-27-2020, 03:08 PM   #23
erictrainer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 6MT MG on SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
I just went out to do measurements and see if things need any adjustments the day after install.

- Both front adjusters are at 8 threads.
- Drivers front has 1/4in clearance to the inner tire. (room for 2 stacked paint sticks)
- Passenger front has 1/8in clearance in same spot. (1 paint stick just fits, not snug but no room to spare)

For looks I wish I could come down another half inch in the fronts but the adjusting collar would rub the tire. I guess I'll have to give it time and see how the springs settle.
Hey man would love to see a pic of your final result, if you can please post.

I haven't gotten around to raise mine yet, been travelling, but hope to post some pics as soon as I take care of it. Thanks all!
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5455.50
      09-27-2020, 04:50 PM   #24
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictrainer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
I just went out to do measurements and see if things need any adjustments the day after install.

- Both front adjusters are at 8 threads.
- Drivers front has 1/4in clearance to the inner tire. (room for 2 stacked paint sticks)
- Passenger front has 1/8in clearance in same spot. (1 paint stick just fits, not snug but no room to spare)

For looks I wish I could come down another half inch in the fronts but the adjusting collar would rub the tire. I guess I'll have to give it time and see how the springs settle.
Hey man would love to see a pic of your final result, if you can please post.

I haven't gotten around to raise mine yet, been travelling, but hope to post some pics as soon as I take care of it. Thanks all!
Thanks for asking. Here's a pic from when I finished the install. Still waiting to settle a bit.
Attached Images

10-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #25
Mospeada
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M

MP HAS front rec. height is 619 mm i think for 19" rims. for 20" it's 633mm. i'm on 19" rim and set to 625 mm. i dont like low rides and so far no rub and plenty of room. still a big wheel gap i dont mind. helps cool the brake
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #26
erictrainer
Lieutenant
Rep

So I finally was able to get around and get the work done. I raised the collar to its highest position and now it works.

Unfortunately when I went to do the other side the collar is stuck. And yes, I did unscrew the small Allen key bolt and yes I'm turning the right direction. It actually goes about a full turn before it stops turning. If I try forcing it I'm afraid of ruining the threads. Tried WD40 and didn't work, I bought some PB Catalyst and tomorrow I'm going to give it a try.

If anybody else has any suggestions on what to do to get the collar unstuck please let me know. Thanks again!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #27
erictrainer
Lieutenant
Rep

On a more positive note I'm very happy with the way it looks!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 09:09 PM   #28
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

I know that you can usually spin the spring but you say things are stuck. Can you remove the tire and spin the other way a few turns so you can examine the threads? I'm thinking a small rock may be stuck in a thread, maybe where the Allen dimpled it before.

If no rock, but maybe a deep dimple in the thread... If that's it then you decide between using the spanner wrench with an extender pipe/conduit, or you disconnect the nut at the top of the shock and drop the whole assembly down (see Tommy L Garage DIY video).
      10-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #29
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Glad you got it sorted. Wait did you reinstall the KW HAS? Didn't you have the MPHAS on there?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 03:49 AM   #30
erictrainer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
Glad you got it sorted. Wait did you reinstall the KW HAS? Didn't you have the MPHAS on there?
The shop who told me the MP Has didn't work installed and uninstalled them the same day. But if I can't get the thread unstuck on the KWs then I'm going to have to go to a different shop and have them install the MPs again knowing what I do know now. The sad part about all this is the amount of time and money wasted... it pains me.
Appreciate 0