GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-22-2020, 09:55 AM   #23
freeguac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
Just went out and checked my M3 CS. All 4 wearing perfectly even at 7,500 miles. Surprisingly the front look almost new. The rears have significantly less tread depth

With that said mine had a significant right hand pull from the factory. I went through several dealer visits and alignments before I found this TSB on Bimmerpost . I made them aware and Initially they told me it was not compatible with the CS. The next planned step was to replace a steering knuckle but lucky for me when I went in for that the service advisor did informed me they had found it and it was compatible. They loaded it up and did another alignment and it tracks like it's on rails now. Straight as an arrow. On center feel and initial turn in was much improved too. Couldn't believe the difference. Scroll thru the attached thread and see my last comment.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1402020
My car had the same pull to the right from factory. And that was why I had the dealership do the alignment. I will read your post carefully
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 09:55 AM   #24
freeguac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinp View Post
HA! I saw your CS at Edge today and heard about your story (I was dropping my track E36 M3 for a track inspection, alignment and some other work). That sort of wear definitely sounded unusual and was even more unusual when they told me the car had never been tracked.
Oh cool. well I will see how the tires wear at Laguna Seca soon
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 04:29 PM   #25
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

I’ve just changed my rears on my M4CS which had cup2 and the inner tread of the 3 was by far the best. The outermost groove was on the depth markers, the innermost was about 1mm above.

This was at 8k miles
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #26
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeguac View Post
BEFORE specs, right rear toe off a lot.

Should I blame it on the BMW dealership that did the initial alignment? (Not that I am going after them since it is 6 months ago)

But I don't recall any incident that might have caused the toe issue
That explains it.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #27
kumkeet
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Dakar Yellow II

Quote:

Should I blame it on the BMW dealership that did the initial alignment? (Not that I am going after them since it is 6 months ago)

Your alignment printout. Shows quite a big variance between the right and left caster
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 07:35 PM   #28
Ant_tc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre

Quote:

Pretty surprising how off your toe is..maybe the tech that aligned it previously didn’t tighten the toe but? It is in an awkward area so maybe he didn’t torque it correctly.
Appreciate 0