Fi Exhaust
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

07-30-2021, 04:27 PM   #1
Bimmer07
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Pretty much if I push the headlight up there is a gap at the bottom with the bumper. If I push the headlight down there is a gap up with the fender. Not sure how allignt this thing properly. Is it possible that the headlight is placed correctly but the bumper is missaligned? The other side seems to allign better
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 04:29 PM   #2
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Send a message via AIM to nickl630
Bumper looks like its been off the car (by the bumper/fender gap) has the car been in accident/had bodywork?
      07-30-2021, 04:33 PM   #3
Bimmer07
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickl630 View Post
Bumper looks like its been off the car (by the bumper/fender gap) has the car been in accident/had bodywork?
I just removed it. Even if i push it all the way in the gap stays there
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 05:46 PM   #4
RugbyBro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4

It's the headlight - BMW does not align panels and gaps very well from factory. Not only do you need to align the headlight properly relative to its mounting points, you also need to make sure that the radiator support bracket that holds the back two mounting points is aligned correctly as well. There are usually variances in these alignments from factory so I wouldn't worry about it too much. My passenger headlight is slightly further back than my driver, and I literally took my car completely apart to figure out how to adjust and fine tune everything. I ended up bending my radiator support bracket forward slightly to get the fitment to be closer. Still not perfect, and honestly, when I looked at pics of new F8Xs, I saw the same inconsistency between driver and passenger headlight placement on new cars, so it's just a "from factory" thing