Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #23
Egrunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90), Tacoma, GTI

I had a chance to listen to the following at bimmerfest and had a chance to listen to the following exhausts; AWE resonated with stock down pipes. The exhaust had a deep tone and when the engine. Dinan over the axle which had a deep tone and not much louder then stock. AWE non resonated with down pipes and this exhaust was extremely loud. I heard the Magnaflow and it has a deep tone and the only downfall for me personally is the looks of the exhaust tips.

For the money the Magnaflow is the option I am considering and then the AWE resonated.

Last edited by Egrunt; 06-16-2016 at 07:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 10:52 PM   #24
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

I like the burger exhaust, mainly for the extra weight savings :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 11:26 PM   #25
1SIK_I8
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: I8

AA all the way. Just got mine installed today at Auto Talent here in Los Angeles. Got a great deal from another member here. Its exactly what I wanted in regards to sound. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call Auto talent. Great people. I highly recommend them.
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #26
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
I had a chance to listen to the following at bimmerfest and had a chance to listen to the following exhausts; AWE resonated with stock down pipes. The exhaust had a deep tone and when the engine. Dinan over the axle which had a deep tone and not much louder then stock. AWE non resonated with down pipes and this exhaust was extremely loud. I heard the Magnaflow and it has a deep tone and the only downfall for me personally is the looks of the exhaust tips.

For the money the Magnaflow is the option I am considering and then the AWE resonated.
Was it cause the tips are non adjust on the MF that you didn't like them or?
Also do you plan on keeping stock downpipes?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 07:25 AM   #27
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

@Magna_FLOW

have you guys considered another tip option/design

The tips are a bit underwhelming.. Everything else about the exhaust seems great.. I have heavily considered pulling the trigger on your sport system.

Consider a look like the MPE and Eisenmann exhaust tips

The black looks good but you really need a diamond / gloss black and the titanium color is odd. How about a brushed look instead

Would love to see a new tip design that extends just a bit further if you are running a carbon diffuser

Thanks for your consideration.

I truly believe you would sell more exhaust to enthusiast if you had a better tip selection.. I for one would pull the trigger right away

Last edited by AlphaOmega4; 06-20-2016 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #28
F80R
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue F80 M3

Well Thanks guys for all the help and opinions I made my mind and pulling a trigger on AWE non Res should install it next week or so will let ya know ..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 09:19 AM   #29
AlbeeM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2016

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80R View Post
Well Thanks guys for all the help and opinions I made my mind and pulling a trigger on AWE non Res should install it next week or so will let ya know ..
Good pick @F80R I've heard the non-res AWE in person and it's a nice clean sound.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #30
Egrunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90), Tacoma, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Was it cause the tips are non adjust on the MF that you didn't like them or?
Also do you plan on keeping stock downpipes?
It is the appearance of the exhaust tips. The titanium looks dull and visually unappealing and the black while in my opinion looks better then the titanium should be a glossy black. This is where I give the nod to AWE with there diamond black and chrome exhaust tips.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #31
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Bump for a reply from Magna_Flow
      06-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #32
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbeeM View Post
Good pick @F80R I've heard the non-res AWE in person and it's a nice clean sound.
Is raspy clean to you? I owned this and definitely wouldn't describe it as clean.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #33
Magna_Flow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmega4 View Post
Bump for a reply from Magna_Flow
We appreciate your feedback, Alpha. We like hearing these kind of things from the community, and will definitely pass it along to our development team.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #34
Gumby_F80
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

My advice to you sir is to go to a BMW meet or show and listen for yourself. I have Remus and love it. It's deep but also a screamer at high revs. It snaps crackles and pops and it's amazing. Most of my friends run AWE res or non res. They have a lot of the same characteristics but mine is without a doubt louder. Active is good but very different than the others. Most refined and dynamic is Fabspeed. Gives a nice combo of the two worlds and may be worth your consideration.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #35
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
I like the sound of ACS which is made by Remus. I am pulling the trigger and getting it installed next week.

Here is a video with it installed on a 340i

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 11:08 AM   #36
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks for update Magnaflow.

by the time they make a change I will prob be getting ready to turn in my lease and pick up a comp pack with MPE

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Fabspeed exhaust(for my remaining 18 mths) in diamond black due to tip look being more what I am looking for and the sound seems on point to me!

If there is any word on a new tip design/ colors by July please let me know as that's when I plan on purchasing .

THANKS
      06-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #37
d k
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWless for few weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3st View Post
Remus is the worst sounding of them all

Deep, Remus is not.
Thats funny.

Ive ridden bikes for years (KTM's, BMW's) and Remus always has the 'same' tone.
Its always thin and 'tinny' in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 05:48 PM   #38
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

I love the way the Magnaflow exhaust looks, especially the slant cut single wall tips. I personally think it's one of the best looking exhausts out there.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #39
Magna_Flow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
I love the way the Magnaflow exhaust looks, especially the slant cut single wall tips. I personally think it's one of the best looking exhausts out there.
Thanks Cary, we appreciate that. Do you have one of our systems on your car?

Last edited by Magna_Flow; 06-29-2016 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #40
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
You should get one for the ZCP

Bet it would sound great..

I'm toying with the idea of still getting one and having the exhaust tips painted gloss black..

Gotta find out if there is a paint that will hold up

Last edited by AlphaOmega4; 06-30-2016 at 06:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #41
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 540i 6sp; 2016 M4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby_F80 View Post
My advice to you sir is to go to a BMW meet or show and listen for yourself. I have Remus and love it. It's deep but also a screamer at high revs. It snaps crackles and pops and it's amazing. Most of my friends run AWE res or non res. They have a lot of the same characteristics but mine is without a doubt louder. Active is good but very different than the others. Most refined and dynamic is Fabspeed. Gives a nice combo of the two worlds and may be worth your consideration.
Trying to decide between a Remus system @ $2700 vs Fabspeed at $3500. Kind of leaning toward Fabspeed because I am concerned about being too loud and I have also heard concerns about cold starts on the Remus. What are your thoughts? If you have DCT, do you have any issues with drone with valves open?

Finally, regarding Fabspeed, could you explain what you mean by "refined AND dynamic"?

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #42
Gumby_F80
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj
Quote:
Trying to decide between a Remus system @ $2700 vs Fabspeed at $3500. Kind of leaning toward Fabspeed because I am concerned about being too loud and I have also heard concerns about cold starts on the Remus. What are your thoughts? If you have DCT, do you have any issues with drone with valves open?

Finally, regarding Fabspeed, could you explain what you mean by "refined AND dynamic"?

Thanks for your help!
If yor concerns are being too loud then I would look at fabspeed over Remus. Remus is amazing but definitely one of the loudest I've heard. The cold start is obnoxious for about 10-12 seconds but I personally don't care because my neighbors are far away. If you lived in an apartment building or condo with close neighbors they may hate you when you start your car with Remus. But that can be said with almost any exhaust choice.

My comment on the fabspeed is that it delivers a lot of both sides of the spectrum when it comes to noise. It's refined and dynamic because it's not shouty, but still delivers a powerful note. Just a tad more subdued than the crackling and popping Remus.

It may be worth looking into just a mid pipe change, for example the active autowerke pipe. Will definitely be the quietest when you want it to be by utilizing be stock mufflers and valves, but when opened will be slightly louder than stock.

I also have a 6mt so I don't know anything about how it sounds with dct
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #43
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 540i 6sp; 2016 M4 vert

Quote:
If yor concerns are being too loud then I would look at fabspeed over Remus. Remus is amazing but definitely one of the loudest I've heard. The cold start is obnoxious for about 10-12 seconds but I personally don't care because my neighbors are far away. If you lived in an apartment building or condo with close neighbors they may hate you when you start your car with Remus. But that can be said with almost any exhaust choice.

My comment on the fabspeed is that it delivers a lot of both sides of the spectrum when it comes to noise. It's refined and dynamic because it's not shouty, but still delivers a powerful note. Just a tad more subdued than the crackling and popping Remus.

It may be worth looking into just a mid pipe change, for example the active autowerke pipe. Will definitely be the quietest when you want it to be by utilizing be stock mufflers and valves, but when opened will be slightly louder than stock.

I also have a 6mt so I don't know anything about how it sounds with dct
That is very helpful, thank you!
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #44
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj View Post

Thanks for your help!
You'll likely want fabspeed if you want the quieter of the two options.
Appreciate 1