EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-23-2018, 09:07 PM   #23
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

Could be the brake pads, what kind of pads are you using?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 11:59 PM   #24
pzz67
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scflaw View Post
Could be the brake pads, what kind of pads are you using?
I don’t think it’s the pads.
Because when I press the brake pedal there’s literally no pressure, as if the calipers aren’t even grabbing the rotors.
If I press the brake pedal down, it just sinks, I can effortless press the pedal to the bottom.
During this period, everywhere is closing for the New Years and I won’t be able to get anything in till after New Years
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #25
jacobe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Hell Rot F80 M3

I also think it's air in the brake lines. See a BMW tuner shop that specializes in M3 track cars and installs BBK's all day long. I've had the same BBK symptoms before and it was air in the stainless steel brake lines.
2016 Hellrot F80 M3|JRZ RS Pro with Swift Springs 550/750 spring rates l AP Radical 5000R 9668/9449 lSpiegler SS LinesI DS1.11I Eisenmann DP|MPE Catback|18" Forgeline GS1R 18x10 et 22 and 18x11 et 44 NT01 275/35/18 and 305/35/18| Forgeline GTD1 18x10et43 SquarelM Performance Lip/Splitter|IND aesthetic mods|Dinan Toe Link|Fall Line mono ball conversion kit and upper link kit| Aim Solo 2DL Smarty Cam|Simpson Hybrid|Stilo Offshore helmet.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #26
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I know multiple people said air in the lines, and it is definitely possible for that to be the case, however I was more or less experiencing the same when I put mine on a week ago.

The day I got my car back, not only did the pedal feel far worse, there was almost nothing up top when you step on the pedal. It was, extremely surprising losing all feel up top on the pedal. My friend at AT, who drove my car a little, said he noticed when I told him about it. I asked multiple people and only one got back to me which was Curt and he confirmed my suspicions on the Brembo BBK is supposed to feel a certain way. Now, it depends on how bad the OP's brake feel is as none of us can know unless we actually drive and brake the car. Then of course the steel OEM brakes on the Ms bite a lot initially compared to cars like the Macan S I have, which is very linear in brake pedal travel.

Now that was a week ago and, either the loaner Macan i was given brake was terrible or I gotten more pedal feel back as I driven a bit more. I'm planning on bleeding it anyway just in case but it could be breaking in the brake fluids a little or it was completely placebo on my part. I drive my Macan S often and the pedal feel on that car is a bit similar so that could also be why.