European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-16-2016, 03:52 PM   #23
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

I haven't heard too many, but I have and love my Akra. Can't beat the build quality and the tip design is just tops. ;-)
      02-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #24
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohdBA View Post
My personal best is Meisterschaft GT2 with downpipes.. A monsterious sound, although i have the akra evo set with akra catless DPs
'
If some is looking for a super aggressive sound, this is the exhaust to pick

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #25
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Boss330 are those vid clips full Remus or just rear/axel back?
Remus "Race" removes mid resonators and secondary cats.

https://www.remus.eu/car.html?vehicleId=1-4-393-1500

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 04:06 PM   #26
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Remus "Race" removes mid resonators and secondary cats.

https://www.remus.eu/car.html?vehicleId=1-4-393-1500
Ohhhh I gotcha.

So essentially just none emission compliant lol. I sadly have to follow Cali's stupid and very harsh emission rules since I am keeping my car.

Remus sounds SOOO good thoughhh ARG Fucking CA state laws.

Last edited by Arcades; 02-16-2016 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #27
AW BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 SS2 F80/18 AVUS BLUE F80

Quote:
Ohhhh I gotcha.

So essentially just none emission compliant lol. I sadly have to follow Cali's stupid and very harsh emission rules since I am keeping my car.
If you are planning on keeping the secondary cats then maybe you should consider the MPE or the magnaflow, or maybe even just an axle back like Dinan or similar. But honestly at that point if it's something like Dinan that doesn't even remove the resonators then I would just keep the stock exhaust with valves open. If you want the resonators removed but keep the cats you can't beat the MPE in sound but the price is the next issue.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2016, 04:37 PM   #28
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW BMW View Post
If you are planning on keeping the secondary cats then maybe you should consider the MPE or the magnaflow, or maybe even just an axle back like Dinan or similar. But honestly at that point if it's something like Dinan that doesn't even remove the resonators then I would just keep the stock exhaust with valves open. If you want the resonators removed but keep the cats you can't beat the MPE in sound but the price is the next issue.
Ya that's the problem.

MPE was my original choice but because it is MPE I hesitated because.. it's OEM lol. Akra was out of the question despite the build quality. Esienmann sat too far low and down away from the diffuser and that drove me insane when I saw it in person.

I thought of Magnaflow before but the drone worried me. Remus only recently popped up in the picture, I loved how the axle back sounded but it seems from Remus's website they have like video of the sound with DPs I'm not doing DPs lol.
      02-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #29
AW BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 SS2 F80/18 AVUS BLUE F80

Quote:
Ya that's the problem.

MPE was my original choice but because it is MPE I hesitated because.. it's OEM lol. Akra was out of the question despite the build quality. Esienmann sat too far low and down away from the diffuser and that drove me insane when I saw it in person.

I thought of Magnaflow before but the drone worried me. Remus only recently popped up in the picture, I loved how the axle back sounded but it seems from Remus's website they have like video of the sound with DPs I'm not doing DPs lol.
I considered the Remus before I picked up the AWE. Heard that it sounds good but the version with the mid pipes included.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #30
F16RCE
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Soon to be M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
From what I've personally owned. My ratings count sound, quality, and finish. None of them provide much of a power increase regardless of what the marketing vaporware says.

Without Downpipes -
MPE > AWE Non-Res > Stock

With Downpipes -
AA > AWE resonated > MPE > Stock
Thank god you didn't just repeat the party line of Akra, Akra Akra!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 07:31 AM   #31
drftorres
Private
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO DCT

Well, after what I have read and seen on youtube, my top options are no DP, with Akrapovic slip-on, Remus or MPE.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #32
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Depends on what you want. When I was younger I liked the loud and obnoxious exhausts now that I am older and hopefully a little wiser, I like the more refined noise and exhausts that have zero drone. I fell in love with the MPE when I did PCD and haven't looked back. As a catback it is perfect and sounds amazing in the higher revs.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 07:50 AM   #33
drftorres
Private
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO DCT

Yes, I want refined noise and exhausts with zero drone. I don't want a loud exhaust, just a great sporty sound at higher revs but good for daily driving.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #34
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftorres View Post
Yes, I want refined noise and exhausts with zero drone. I don't want a loud exhaust, just a great sporty sound at higher revs but good for daily driving.
AA or MPE.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #35
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftorres
Remus
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #36
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftorres View Post
Well, after what I have read and seen on youtube, my top options are no DP, with Akrapovic slip-on, Remus or MPE.
Out of these 4 options, i would pick the REMUS

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:43 AM   #37
F16RCE
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Soon to be M4

I have spent several weeks going mad on this very subject and have probably annoyed the hell out of every vendor sponsor on here with my many questions.

The summary of my findings is that you will really only get two types of noise i.e. Deep vs high pitched. AWE, AA, Akra, Remus are more at the deeper end with IPE, FI and Armytrix at the other end with higher pitch noise.

You then need to decide if you just want a moderate noise level all the time of whether you want to have extra loud and OEM loud. If you want the extra loud option get a valved exhaust.

Then it all comes to price point.

All said and done I personally think the Remus is a great all round purchase as looks awesome, has the valves and the noise is good. The only down side is the brand image and maybe that isn't actually justified with this product.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #38
Singh211
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16RCE View Post
I have spent several weeks going mad on this very subject and have probably annoyed the hell out of every vendor sponsor on here with my many questions.

The summary of my findings is that you will really only get two types of noise i.e. Deep vs high pitched. AWE, AA, Akra, Remus are more at the deeper end with IPE, FI and Armytrix at the other end with higher pitch noise.

You then need to decide if you just want a moderate noise level all the time of whether you want to have extra loud and OEM loud. If you want the extra loud option get a valved exhaust.

All said and done I personally think the Remus is a great all round purchase as looks awesome, has the valves and the noise is good. The only down side is the brand image and maybe that isn't actually justified with this product.
I would go with either ipe FI or armytrix. They are all screamers
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #39
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

That really is the only issue with Remus is that it isn't as well known. Eisenmann, Akra, MPE and AA overshadows it despite how great Remus actually sounds.

I would say MPE but given MPE is OEM I'm not sure how you feel about it, maybe the same I do. Its OEM :P
      02-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #40
MEMMEZZ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR.E92

Quote:

Good problem to have. I would not go with a remus system. I personally like the Active Autowerke or the FI system.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #41
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That really is the only issue with Remus is that it isn't as well known. Eisenmann, Akra, MPE and AA overshadows it despite how great Remus actually sounds.

I would say MPE but given MPE is OEM I'm not sure how you feel about it, maybe the same I do. Its OEM :P
REMUS is very well known and trusted company

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #42
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
REMUS is very well known and trusted company
Well no I mean when it comes to the F8x cars, I don't tend to see people go Remus. Everyone have gone with MPE and AA.

Remus re-sale value is pretty bad as far as I know. I would have gone Eisenmann if it wasn't for the post I mentioned about how it sat from the diffuser.

Edit: I mean on the Used Section, there has been a Remus on sale since January 5th and no one has picked it up yet. Granted the OP didn't post the mileage, usage and pictures but if it was MPE, AA or Akra it would have probably been sold regardless because they hold value well.
      02-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #43
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well no I mean when it comes to the F8x cars, I don't tend to see people go Remus. Everyone have gone with MPE and AA.

Remus re-sale value is pretty bad as far as I know. I would have gone Eisenmann if it wasn't for the post I mentioned about how it sat from the diffuser.
MPE will always be the most popular because it is offered by BMW

Active is the newest exhaust and since its release it has been dominating the market (for a good reason )

REMUS had a very good run when it was first released but some made the mistake of running it with caltess downpipes (which is not recommended at all) so it got a few bad reviews that slowed down sales.

It was mostly vendors mistake for not warning their customers about this

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 02-17-2016 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #44
kkakonn
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

+1 for Remus Race, just don't do DP's. However, if you have the valves open all the time, prepare for ear shattering cold starts. Seriously I cringe everytime