Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

10-20-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

BK Harness Bar

Has anyone installed this - https://www.bkauto.com/R_1205_BMW_F3...r_p/r-1205.htm

I've been looking for a way to get track seats and harnesses into the car without any serious modifications. This looks like it would do it. No back seat of course but no welding, drilling, etc.

I'm wondering if it's user-installable, if all groups accept it, and any other observations.

TIA
      10-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #2
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpimpkar View Post
Has anyone installed this - https://www.bkauto.com/R_1205_BMW_F3...r_p/r-1205.htm

I've been looking for a way to get track seats and harnesses into the car without any serious modifications. This looks like it would do it. No back seat of course but no welding, drilling, etc.

I'm wondering if it's user-installable, if all groups accept it, and any other observations.

TIA
There's a review in my signature.

I've been using the BK bar for years, since the E92. Currently I have one on my CS and E90 track car.

It doesn't permanently modify anything, it's tested to DOT standards, it connects straight to the seatbelt reinforced positions. All groups accept it.

BK is very well known, not only in the BMW world but also in the Porsche and Vette circles
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:05 PM   #3
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

I've been using the BK bar for years, since the E92. Currently I have one on my CS and E90 track car.

It doesn't permanently modify anything, it's tested to DOT standards, it connects straight to the seatbelt reinforced positions. All groups accept it.

BK is very well known, not only in the BMW world but also in the Porsche and Vette circles
What about cowboy hat circles?

Got a good laugh out of that yesterday
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11468.50
      10-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #4
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
What about cowboy hat circles?

Got a good laugh out of that yesterday
I aim to entertain
Appreciate 1
fanatic11018.50
      10-20-2020, 04:27 PM   #5
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

TIA

ty for the information. i found your review and the BK rails plus harness bar really seem like a good solution for me to get seats and harnesses in the car.
      10-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #6
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
ty for the information. i found your review and the BK rails plus harness bar really seem like a good solution for me to get seats and harnesses in the car.
It works extremely well. Very solid. I'm not sure where you are in NC but my car will be at VIR if you want to see the solution yourself

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 10-20-2020 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #7
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It works extremely well. Very solid. I'm not sure where you are in NC but my car will be at VIR this weekend if you want to see the solution yourself
are you going to be at bmwcca at vir? i'm going to be there too, i would love to see your setup.