BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

04-04-2020, 04:42 AM   #507
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Vanja View Post
60KMH is like 37MPH, kinda highway is that?
Sorry didn't mean an actual proper highway its more so like a wide double-laned road where the speed limit was 70kmh but I was going 60kmh. TTRS came up and tailgated me for a minute or so without overtaking. Then he went to my right lane hovered for about 10 seconds at my speed of 60kmh then went
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 04:46 AM   #508
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyprac View Post
At 60khm that ttrs will always pull away from you even at stage 1. I know I have a rs3 as my daily. Though I do miss my m3. If I can't find a good deal on a c4s soon, I'll jump back on a m3 CS until the new gen comes out if I can get used to that big ass ugly grill.
Lol a stock TTRS does the quarter mile in 11.7 secs. When I was on stage 1 tune, I did it in 11.319 with PS4S. And most of the TTRS's advantage is on take off. How can an AWD car that does the quarter mile in 11.7 secs beat a 11.319 sec RWD car on a roll?

This TTRS that I raced was most definitely stage 2 or above. (E85 maybe?) I know FBO E85 TTRS's do 10-10.1s consistently before the gearbox starts slipping after a few hundred hard launches
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 06:54 PM   #509
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping Cart Comp

Going Stage 2 in a few weeks, then full e85, then fully built engine with Kratos turbos. Can't wait to take some big boys to Gapplebees in Mexico
Appreciate 3
      04-18-2020, 03:46 PM   #510
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgg33 View Post
Going Stage 2 in a few weeks, then full e85, then fully built engine with Kratos turbos. Can't wait to take some big boys to Gapplebees in Mexico
Do you have IG? Sounds awesome!

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 02:11 PM   #511
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I take the bait all to often...

At about 60

Dude in tinted m340 pulls along side of me; I mean right along side and paced me. Then I took the bait

He hit it first hung with me for about 2 seconds then I pulled away effortlessly
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:48 AM   #512
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
All in. Love it. What kind of trap speed do you think you’ll get with that setup?

These days the roads near me are so empty and there are so many LEO.

Doing a pull during shelter in place just isn’t a good look.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 06:22 PM   #513
Tflong24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 30 Jahre

Guy in a new Challenger 392 went by me as I was heading to the parkway. We both took the sharp right on to the short on ramp, I waited to see if he would wanna have a go, was about car length and a half behind, we were rolling 25-30, he hit it,,I hit it, pulled out and walked by him really quickly. I was 2 car lengths ahead by 120. I know it’s a heavy car but it is 485hp, but damn it was slow. Guy wouldn’t look over once he came next to me. It did sound good tho.....
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:36 AM   #514
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

C6 Z06

He was trying to get me to bite for a while but there were cars around so that's a no go for me.

He followed me for about 5 miles to an empty stretch of highway and we did two quick pulls. Mods at the time E30 OTS, that's it.

I think he missed a gear 1st pull...

Appreciate 3
      04-22-2020, 02:21 AM   #515
chriszach1
CHRISZACH1
Germany
Rep
Drives: 06 E90, 18 F80, 21 G05

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAS55 View Post
C6 Z06

He was trying to get me to bite for a while but there were cars around so that's a no go for me.

He followed me for about 5 miles to an empty stretch of highway and we did two quick pulls. Mods at the time E30 OTS, that's it.

I think he missed a gear 1st pull...

HAHA...after the 2nd time he was like "no thank you!" and quickly exited!
Sakhir Orange II Metallic / Black Extended Merino Leather / M-DCT / Executive Package / Competition Package / Driver Assistant Package/ 20" Frozen Silver Edelweiss LT 5 wheels/ KW V3's/ Mosselman Stage 2 tune
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 11:03 PM   #516
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't use IG that much. Feel free to message me and we can cruise sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
All in. Love it. What kind of trap speed do you think you’ll get with that setup?

These days the roads near me are so empty and there are so many LEO.

Doing a pull during shelter in place just isn’t a good look.
Not sure about trap speed but as far as HP goes, I'm looking to do around 1000hp at least.

Was supposed to be on Stage 2 last week but the Gintani crank hub keeps pushing their ship date back. Everything is on back order
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #517
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tflong24 View Post
Guy in a new Challenger 392 went by me as I was heading to the parkway. We both took the sharp right on to the short on ramp, I waited to see if he would wanna have a go, was about car length and a half behind, we were rolling 25-30, he hit it,,I hit it, pulled out and walked by him really quickly. I was 2 car lengths ahead by 120. I know it's a heavy car but it is 485hp, but damn it was slow. Guy wouldn't look over once he came next to me. It did sound good tho.....
Quote:
Guy in a new Challenger 392 went by me as I was heading to the parkway. We both took the sharp right on to the short on ramp, I waited to see if he would wanna have a go, was about car length and a half behind, we were rolling 25-30, he hit it,,I hit it, pulled out and walked by him really quickly. I was 2 car lengths ahead by 120. I know it's a heavy car but it is 485hp, but damn it was slow. Guy wouldn't look over once he came next to me. It did sound good tho.....
Ditto just ran a Scat Pack

I'm cruising in left lane he steps out and punched it at HWY speed

His car was screaming

Pulled him easy and few bends on hwy he fell back further

He eventually catches up and just stayed behind even though I was done with the run doing about 65 he refused to pass.

His car all tinted out

Me 100% stock
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #518
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Quote:
Quote:

His car was screaming

He eventually catches up and just stayed behind even though I was done with the run doing about 65 he refused to pass.

His car all tinted out

Me 100% stock
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Quote:
Quote:

His car was screaming

His car all tinted out

Me 100% stock
🦅
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #519
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep

Not today but I raced a Tesla Model 3 (in Mexico). Started at around 30-40 mph (didn't look). Ata round 60-70 mph, I started pulling away slowly. Maybe reach close to 90-100mph is where I was 1-2 car lengths ahead.

Lol was a quick race so didn't look at the specific mph.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 10:52 PM   #520
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

G60 vert - tried to go far left lane after the on-ramp with me in the middle. Was gaining but stomped it in 4th at around 50 and started gapping him rapidly until 80 or so. Backed off and let him pass cause I don’t need to get a ticket and he knew what was up by then.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 09:54 AM   #521
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszach1 View Post
HAHA...after the 2nd time he was like "no thank you!" and quickly exited!
Nice work

It's almost annoying how much attention you get from people trying to race you, specifically when you pass them on the highway and suddenly they move over to stay on your ass trying to instigate races. Most of the time I just move over and let them go but sometimes I just do a pull away and leave them for dust and move over.

It's mostly Tesla's and older AMG's doing this to me but so far I've kept my cool the majority of the time.

Had a model X drive up on my left and looking at me "jerking" his EV forward wanting to race the other day and while I didn't want anything to do with it he just kept on "pushing" so eventually I just wanted to get away from the moron and the DCT kickdown was too much for him I guess so he couldn't keep up but I really don't want to street race people as it can get really expensive really quick in this beast.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 08:25 PM   #522
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
G60 vert - tried to go far left lane after the on-ramp with me in the middle. Was gaining but stomped it in 4th at around 50 and started gapping him rapidly until 80 or so. Backed off and let him pass cause I don’t need to get a ticket and he knew what was up by then.
what is a g60?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 12:49 AM   #523
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
what is a g60?
Lol whoops - meant Q60. As a previous G35 driver, I mashed G series with newer model number, forgetting they moved to Q.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #524
Let It Rein
ORNGBLD
Rep
Drives: F80 Sakhir Orange

Yesterday. GTO and E46M3 pull up side by side at a redlight. Im behind the E46. Green and M dumps clutch tires spin, and hooks, then pulls away a bit, GTO lets off. M3 gets into left turn ". Then it just so happens that we pull up side by side at the next light, Mr GTO and I. My wife looks at me as I press M1 button and she says, "oh no." Green and I start off slowly, seeing what he is going to do. He then nails it, so I say to wifey, "babe, I have to." As I shift into 2nd and gain traction, I catapult away like he's standing still. I let off and he does a ricer fly by. Irony here is that we were going to the body shop to pick up sons truck. Guess whose dad owns the body shop...
Yeah, I know it wasn't a fair fight, but he drew first blood, not me...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #525
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

LoL where should I begin. Last few races, still nothing really that excites me. Hopefully I'll run into cars i care more about racing.

Tesla 3 dual motor or possibly performance - Launched me by half the intersection LC paused a brief second before it went) realed him in and as I was gapping him he slams on his brakes lol.

Gixxer street bike, older it was modded and we raced 4 times, light to light, from a dig and roll all of it. He beat me 2 times just barely I gapped him 2 times by a good margin. He gave peace sign and he went right.

Range rover sport new body not sure the exact year, not sure if SVR either. This was funny. I suspect he was tuned. Cool guy. Stock these run mid 12s! The guy sees my car and starts ripping it so I follow him without going full out. Just following him but not too closely. He pulls up and says he's live streaming, then he asks me honk it down. Time to show his fans what an F80 can really do. I drop down to 2nd traction all off sport plus. 3rd honk i'm gone and it's just murder by the second gear change I'm like 2 bus lengths ahead. Grab 4th and it's over. He bails the next exit lol. What happened to the live stream?

Jeep SRT8 old body, this guy watched me murder that range rover sport and starts stepping on and off the gas. Very loud sounds great! So now i chase him. We get side by side and he's cool though. We exchanged some laughs but he did not want to race after what he saw I guess.

Charger scat pack and challenger probably same. So after these 2 SUVs trying to race I wasn't satisfied. I excited to go home and saw to bright orange mopars. Clean and they were both cruising. So i let them et behind me, we turn the corner and wap the throttle and burnout in 1st to 2nd gear to let them know I'm down to play. At this point just hungry. Ive destroyed a scat pack already they don't stand a chance against an F80 DCT. He gets next to me rolls down the window and it was a giant polynesian guy. Maybe samoan or tongan. But, he was a big dude even in a charger. He gives me the peace sign like hey I don't wanna race.

Next day Huracan guy rips it like hey let's play. But I turned around and he passes me going opposite again. Just then as a pull up a stop a couple cool dudes in a Mclaren 570s rolls up next to me gives me the A ok hand sign to lil ol yas and me. Car was just washed and looking good too.... I came right then and there lol. Love it when people with equally nice cars compliment. But, when an exotic car owner it's even better. Cick the appreciate button if you know what I'm talking about lol.

Cheers. When I start modding. I'll pickup a few go pro's and always drive with them on.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 3
six75LT916.50
sforce0.00
      06-23-2020, 03:49 AM   #526
Twistm4
I Drag Race My Track Car
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

https://youtu.be/aeCLWQR2O38
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 01:27 AM   #527
tomlong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Sedan

tomlong - 1
Stock or light FBO R35 GTR - 0

My setup - Ecutek software running very mild 93 octane base map by PETuned.com. Software installed just this Friday, not even entered into the system yet. Hardware: CTS Turbo Chargepipes, CBC, stock intake, stock downpipe, stock Midpipe, Dinan Muffler and X-Pipe.

I also happen to just add a full bottle of VP Racing Octane Booster. Poured into a 12.6 gallon fill up. So probably about a 3-4 point increase over Shell 93. Super hot and humid so ambient conditions not benefitting either cars.

This was a random encounter, as I saw him racing someone else on the access road then notices that he sees me and so GTR full sends it entering the on ramp to catch up and I precede to make room by moving over to the furthest left lane. No honk, I see he down kicks so I down kick too.. I also notice a female passenger in the R35 so I think there's added pressure to win, which plays into my favor.

We're both WOT. Instantly I thought to myself he's either a really bad driver or the car is just a stock R35, or both, who knows, because I jump out by one car length @ around 100mph. Momentum then changes as my one car length goes down to 1/2 and eventually we're neck and neck, I look down and see ~130mph so not feeling good at this moment. 140-150mph and stock turbos start choking.

In these situations where it seems the other car is faster, my motto is to never lift and will gladly take the defeat going down still fighting, when all of a sudden GTR lets off at 140mph, I kept going and shortly after decided to let off at 152mph.

As I resume back to normal hwy driving speed, GTR drives pass me from behind and gave a thumbs up, which I presume to mean he concedes.

Not the most dominat win I would say but I'll gladly take it against the R35 GTR. One of the best platforms out there overall across many categories.

A weird drivetrain malfunction fault code came on. Cont. driving possible but not producing max output. : I just pulled over turn the car off for 15mins. Surfed social media, turn the car back on and it went away. A rare favorable outcome for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #528
elinstylez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

I ran into two modified late model Mustang GTs and a RS5 at the same time. After I passed on them on the slow lane they sped up and tried to catch up. They never caught up lol
Appreciate 0