proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #991
Ramzzz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by From5toM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by llvsixaxisvll View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisenwether View Post
CS Style Front Lip

Vehicle: F80 M3
Part: CS Style Front Lip
Brand: Spec-M
Link, eBay seller, item number: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11377357773....N36.S1.R1.TR1

Fitment 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being OEM and expected perfect) The end of the lip on the drivers side just stuck a hair down compared to passenger that was flush to bumper. (It might be a combo of 5 year old bumper and maybe a little fitment of the lip?, however I cant see it once mounted and standing next to the car. The center of the lip was nice and flush across the whole front. The 2 winglets were flush and the ends of bumper was nice and flush besides the edge as stated above. Was very impressed at how well it fit.

Quality 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being oem and expected perfect) I had like 2 small areas that has some weave blemish, however being a front lip and I honestly expect a front lip to be something that most likely will be damaged so I didn't really mind the 2 small blemishes, However I had to "look" to find them with the part right in front of my face.

Item price: $499 USD (Also has make offer button) (Also had $20 off $200 by vendor, when making this post)
Shipping Price: Free Shipping
Item Location: CA

Screws - Not Provided
3M Tape - Provided

The lip did not come with the holes drilled but from the mold is was a nice little indent for where to drill. It uses 2 holes from the OEM locations (1 on each side) was main reason I also got this is because it had those over these other brands that is just a lip without mounting locations (at least shown from pictures). The lip has 11 points to screw onto the bumper (not including the 2 for OEM locations), it has 3 across the center, and 4 one each side.

I also want to note that this does take some time and effort to make it fit properly. I grew up in a garage / body shop so I have the background to make this fit really well. I didn't have to really do much outside of just taking my time and test fitting a few times and prepping the lip.

I think for the price this is an amazing lip, and if i destroy it I wont really feel that bad considering the price I paid.
Quote:
No, I used 3 screws across the front. I didn't want to take the bumper off for brackets either. I'm able to firmly push on my lip and not move it so I'm confident with the screws.
I know this is an old post, but can you please share any other tips and pointers on this install? I have the exact same lip (just arrived today), and would like to purchase the right sized screws etc. Am thinking 1/4 x 1" self tapping? And where did you drill the holes? Did you have to remove/modify all the plastic undertrays? Did you have to still use 3M tape?

thanks
I used 3M tape to install this exact spoiler and only put it at the very ends and middle. Just to make it easy when using self tapping screws I got from Amazon (I got a multipack so any of them will work). I also drilled three small holes in the middle portion (since it's hallow) which allowed the middle part to be screwed into the bumper as well. All the other places where I drilled were kind of obvious but if you send me a pic of the underside of this lip, I can point them out. Attached are pics of where I mean when I say ends (it didn't 100% align, there's like a 3 mm offset on both sides as you can see).

Edit: lol pardon the pic as I installed it this weekend first thing in the morning and it was cold / didn't use gloves lotion haha.
Thank you. Yes I finished the install as well this weekend on all 3 pieces. They were all Spec M. I'd give the following ratings:

Quality: 8. Overall pretty good, only one or two small spots where maybe the clear coat was not perfect.
Fitment: 8. I wish they would have come predrilled with holes and maybe the fitment was off by a couple mm... but decent overall. The install itself was pretty straight forward for all 3.
Could I see more pics of the diffuser? Looks good
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #992
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzzz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
CS Style Front Lip

Link, eBay seller, item number: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11377357773....N36.S1.R1.TR1

Fitment 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being OEM and expected perfect) The end of the lip on the drivers side just stuck a hair down compared to passenger that was flush to bumper. (It might be a combo of 5 year old bumper and maybe a little fitment of the lip?, however I cant see it once mounted and standing next to the car. The center of the lip was nice and flush across the whole front. The 2 winglets were flush and the ends of bumper was nice and flush besides the edge as stated above. Was very impressed at how well it fit.

Quality 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being oem and expected perfect) I had like 2 small areas that has some weave blemish, however being a front lip and I honestly expect a front lip to be something that most likely will be damaged so I didn't really mind the 2 small blemishes, However I had to "look" to find them with the part right in front of my face.

Item price: $499 USD (Also has make offer button) (Also had $20 off $200 by vendor, when making this post)

Screws - Not Provided
3M Tape - Provided

The lip did not come with the holes drilled but from the mold is was a nice little indent for where to drill. It uses 2 holes from the OEM locations (1 on each side) was main reason I also got this is because it had those over these other brands that is just a lip without mounting locations (at least shown from pictures). The lip has 11 points to screw onto the bumper (not including the 2 for OEM locations), it has 3 across the center, and 4 one each side.

I also want to note that this does take some time and effort to make it fit properly. I grew up in a garage / body shop so I have the background to make this fit really well. I didn't have to really do much outside of just taking my time and test fitting a few times and prepping the lip.

I think for the price this is an amazing lip, and if i destroy it I wont really feel that bad considering the price I paid.
Quote:
No, I used 3 screws across the front. I didn't want to take the bumper off for brackets either. I'm able to firmly push on my lip and not move it so I'm confident with the screws.
I know this is an old post, but can you please share any other tips and pointers on this install? I have the exact same lip (just arrived today), and would like to purchase the right sized screws etc. Am thinking 1/4 x 1" self tapping? And where did you drill the holes? Did you have to remove/modify all the plastic undertrays? Did you have to still use 3M tape?

thanks
I used 3M tape to install this exact spoiler and only put it at the very ends and middle. Just to make it easy when using self tapping screws I got from Amazon (I got a multipack so any of them will work). I also drilled three small holes in the middle portion (since it's hallow) which allowed the middle part to be screwed into the bumper as well. All the other places where I drilled were kind of obvious but if you send me a pic of the underside of this lip, I can point them out. Attached are pics of where I mean when I say ends (it didn't 100% align, there's like a 3 mm offset on both sides as you can see).

Edit: lol pardon the pic as I installed it this weekend first thing in the morning and it was cold / didn't use gloves lotion haha.
Thank you. Yes I finished the install as well this weekend on all 3 pieces. They were all Spec M. I'd give the following ratings:

Quality: 8. Overall pretty good, only one or two small spots where maybe the clear coat was not perfect.
Fitment: 8. I wish they would have come predrilled with holes and maybe the fitment was off by a couple mm... but decent overall. The install itself was pretty straight forward for all 3.
Thank you sir. I will take a few more pics later today or this weekend. I'm on holiday from work so I get some time to spend with Mileena... . I plan to do a lot detailing and some fun drives this weekend. I even have the GoPro ready to go.

BoxKing - because of you I just bought some side skirts... . Incoming potentially next week!!! Will keep y'all posted.

Last edited by From5toM; 11-22-2020 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
BoxKing293.00
      11-20-2020, 10:14 PM   #993
BlackF82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Alcantara Steering Wheel Wrap

This is an Amazon product.

Vehicle: F82 M4
Part: Steering Wheel Wrap
Brand: Mewant
Link, eBay seller, item number: MEWANT (1.4mm Thickness) Black... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721SHH8S...p_mob_ap_share
Fitment 1-10(best), reason for score: 9
Quality 1-10(best), reason for score: 10
Item price: $67.90
Shipping price: Prime
Item location: U.S.

The quality of the item feels great but only time will tell. The fitment is pretty darn good, it needs just a tiny bit of cutting. Install time is about 2-3 hrs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 11:08 AM   #994
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackF82 View Post

Link, eBay seller, item number: MEWANT (1.4mm Thickness) Black... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721SHH8S...p_mob_ap_share

The quality of the item feels great but only time will tell. The fitment is pretty darn good, it needs just a tiny bit of cutting. Install time is about 2-3 hrs.
I've been tempted to pull the trigger, but am not sure about the 2-3 hours of sewing... lol
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 12:21 PM   #995
BlackF82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkenc View Post
Quote:

I've been tempted to pull the trigger, but am not sure about the 2-3 hours of sewing... lol
The reward is high, it looks and feels awesome.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #996
therealkenc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Oxide Grey iX M60

Quote:
The reward is high, it looks and feels awesome.
Get behind me, Satan! jk

Ok seriously I might need to make it my Christmas gift/project to myself.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #997
getsituated91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:

Did it come with any instructions on how to sew or are we best off youtubing this? Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #998
BlackF82
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsituated91 View Post
Quote:

Did it come with any instructions on how to sew or are we best off youtubing this? Looks great!
Yes it did and there are many YouTube videos as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 11:30 AM   #999
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzzz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
CS Style Front Lip

Screws - Not Provided
3M Tape - Provided

Quote:

thanks

Here you go. Am loving the new setup. Side skirts coming next week.

Last edited by From5toM; 11-26-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 2
      11-22-2020, 05:53 PM   #1000
AtlantisF80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 / 2008 328i

From5ToM24 1. How would you rate the quality and fitment of each product? 2. How did you install the front lip? Does it require you to drill screws into the front bumper? 3. Do you have any more photos of the rear spoiler from the top of the trunk and sides?
      11-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #1001
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantisF80 View Post
From5ToM24 1. How would you rate the quality and fitment of each product? 2. How did you install the front lip? Does it require you to drill screws into the front bumper? 3. Do you have any more photos of the rear spoiler from the top of the trunk and sides?
Every front lip needs to be drilled in. Some shop told me they'll do it with double sided tape, but that's stupid af in my opinion. If it flies off while you're driving it can damage your bumper. Also you can't see the holes, like even if your car is leased it doesn't matter if you drill
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #1002
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 PB G80 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindspin311 View Post
So I was able to find a different nut thing to replaced the factory pieces that let me use a 1/4-20 bolt.

And installed!

In combination with CF splitters

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GLOSSY-BLAC...72.m2749.l2649

Has anyone had luck finding these again?

The link for the LIP is no longer valid.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 10:52 PM   #1003
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping Cart Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna01///M3 View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GLOSSY-BLAC...72.m2749.l2649

Has anyone had luck finding these again?

The link for the LIP is no longer valid.
That kinda looks like the lightweight lip
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #1004
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart Parking Lot View Post
That kinda looks like the lightweight lip
It's a replica of it. Would rather a rep, than paying $600 for literally a routed piece of plastic.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 12:04 PM   #1005
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping Cart Comp

Quote:
It's a replica of it. Would rather a rep, than paying $600 for literally a routed piece of plastic.
I was able to pick up the Lightweight v2 lip for less than $200 used in mint condition. The lip is indestructible
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #1006
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart Parking Lot View Post
I was able to pick up the Lightweight v2 lip for less than $200 used in mint condition. The lip is indestructible
That's a steal!!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #1007
From5toM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantisF80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Every front lip needs to be drilled in. Some shop told me they'll do it with double sided tape, but that's stupid af in my opinion. If it flies off while you're driving it can damage your bumper. Also you can't see the holes, like even if your car is leased it doesn't matter if you drill
bsmf8x is right. Install is as such. Double sided tape alone won't be a good idea. I rated my quality and fitment above. I also updated the photos.
Appreciate 1
bsmf8x777.00
      11-26-2020, 07:08 PM   #1008
GTABurnout
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Manual

Any good links for an Ebay or Amazon Rear diffuser. Don't need a 3 piece just some thing simple and clean. Not dealing with Ali.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 01:58 PM   #1009
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep

anyone here? looks too legit to be true.

1 review with pics.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-15-20-....m46890.l49292
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 10:09 PM   #1010
Jonzny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:

1 review with pics.

Sup Walt!

Those are 100% not actual pics- thats the location EAS takes all their pics. White wall with the black fence in the rear
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 05:53 AM   #1011
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzny View Post
Quote:

1 review with pics.

Sup Walt!

Those are 100% not actual pics- thats the location EAS takes all their pics. White wall with the black fence in the rear
yo yo!!

I figured that, I also saw 3 other auctions with same pics. One being Ikons
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 07:53 AM   #1012
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

Quote:

1 review with pics.

very curious about this as well.