GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #1189
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Carter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOZKAN View Post
One thing to add: there is a workaround solution if you don't want the burbles after selecting a map with them. Somehow they are connected with active sound so as far as I experienced that there was no burbles if active sound is on.
Do you mean if you were to disconnect the active sound that the burble wouldnt happen anymore? That doesnt really make sense to me since its an engine and exhaust mod, not just the active sound inside the cabin.
They have an option on their app which allows you to disable or enable the active sound. Before I disabled it, there was no burbles. It was written that in order to have the burbles you need to disable it. Maybe proTUNING Freaks can chime in to confirm it.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #1190
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
How do we know if we got the fully updated when was the last update?
I don't know when the last update was - I just know it was recent... You will know if it's updated - even stage 1, when you go to shift gears, there's a brief "burble" each time... Seems more responsive as well, but it could just be me as I haven't driven the car in quite some time... Almost a month actually...

I will give credit to the customer service level of PTF however... Nothing can take that away from them...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #1191
F80x
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90, 2015 F15, 2017 F87

Quote:
They have an option on their app which allows you to disable or enable the active sound. Before I disabled it, there was no burbles. It was written that in order to have the burbles you need to disable it. Maybe proTUNING Freaks can chime in to confirm it.
I've also asked this to PTF and they told me it needed to be off for the burbles to be active.

But from self testing whether asd is on or off there is burbles for both as long as the car is in sports or sports plus there will be burbles when letting off gas.

But the way I turned off asd is through esys coding, I tried turning off asd with the bootmod3 app and nothing happened, nothing changed with the coding when I checked.

So in my experience there isn't really a noticeable difference whether it's on or off I've tried both. I've also tried using the bootmod3 to turn it on and off but again still the samething as long as your have sports or sports plus on.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 01:53 AM   #1192
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuiisance View Post
Quote:
I've also asked this to PTF and they told me it needed to be off for the burbles to be active.

But from self testing whether asd is on or off there is burbles for both as long as the car is in sports or sports plus there will be burbles when letting off gas.

But the way I turned off asd is through esys coding, I tried turning off asd with the bootmod3 app and nothing happened, nothing changed with the coding when I checked.

So in my experience there isn't really a noticeable difference whether it's on or off I've tried both. I've also tried using the bootmod3 to turn it on and off but again still the samething as long as your have sports or sports plus on.
I didn't have the active sound coded off and I remember when I first flashed the car there were no burbles and I thought I did something wrong then I saw the notification under asd on/off option. I switched off and here we go I have burbles. However I didn't try to turn it back on and see if the burbles will disappear.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 03:52 AM   #1193
///MFlight81
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Carter View Post
Quote:
One thing to add: there is a workaround solution if you don't want the burbles after selecting a map with them. Somehow they are connected with active sound so as far as I experienced that there was no burbles if active sound is on.
Do you mean if you were to disconnect the active sound that the burble wouldnt happen anymore? That doesnt really make sense to me since its an engine and exhaust mod, not just the active sound inside the cabin.
I can confirmed this I use the app to enable active sounds the burbles were not there. Disable active sound and it came back on
      09-02-2017, 05:19 AM   #1194
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m340ix

Quote:
Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that all my problems from the first version I was sent when my DME unlock was done has been resolved with this newer update that was sent to me today.

I flashed my car back to stock then flashed it with the new update and cleared the adaptations

And now everything is all good 😄

Problems with the first map

1. RPM jumping up and down after starting the car cold
2. Jittery/jumpy when accelerating from a complete stop in efficient and sport
3. Rough ride while cruising and upshifting and downshifting
4. Jumping and stuttering when hard acceleration

I have some similar gripes so were you given a new map or did you just use the new app to flash to stock and then back to your first map?

Are you supposed to reflash with every app update??

Thanks in advance! Thumbs up to PTF !!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 10:42 AM   #1195
F80x
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyMedicated View Post
I have some similar gripes so were you given a new map or did you just use the new app to flash to stock and then back to your first map?

To be honest with you I wasn't sure if I was suppose to go back to stock first but I did it for peace of mind whether it was required or not I wanted to make sure it was done properly this time.

But initially I asked PTF for the newest map update they have then I just did what I stated in the post above.

I even reflashed the GTS trans and reset the adaptations, all seems well now.

Now the only thing is when in sports or sports plus I wish there was a way to fine tune the burbles so they don't sound so obnoxious.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #1196
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
To be honest with you I wasn't sure if I was suppose to go back to stock first but I did it for peace of mind whether it was required or not I wanted to make sure it was done properly this time.

But initially I asked PTF for the newest map update they have then I just did what I stated in the post above.

Now the only thing is when in sports or sports plus I wish there was a way to fine tune the burbles so they don't sound so obnoxious.
A flash is a flash to the DME
it's makes no difference to it if you flash first to stock or a modified map.

DME knows no difference.
prob better of resetting all adoptions.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #1197
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Whats your map called? Im wondering if mines the newest or not?

Was hoping for just the app to fix it, i don't want to both ptf again! Lol but i know they will help just being considerate of time! Thx
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #1198
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Was hoping for just the app to fix it, i don't want to both ptf again! Lol but i know they will help just being considerate of time! Thx
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #1199
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The app revision has no relevance on the map/file being run. The app is just the conduit from PTF to DME/TCU.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #1200
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep

K just making sure!!! Maybe the app flashes it better with newer update hence better performance?? But yea guess new map but is it diff than mine? If yall r in westcoast with 91 oct
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 11:53 PM   #1201
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

How many of you have the e85 map from bm3? Are you on 91 or 93? We have ACN 91 which is by far the worst. Is it worth the upgrade and are there any issues with this map? I'm really considering getting this map. Thank you in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #1202
spoonf20c
let me see you become a ///Monster
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80

anyone start to get a check engine light (increased emissions) after doing the stage two tune? i've had the tune for a few thousand miles and it just started popping up. not sure why the tune stopped suppressing the light?
      09-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #1203
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonf20c View Post
anyone start to get a check engine light (increased emissions) after doing the stage two tune? i've had the tune for a few thousand miles and it just started popping up. not sure why the tune stopped suppressing the light?
Not one time has my check engine light come on and Ive been on stage 2 since 1200 service so about 8000 miles. Definitely send them a support ticket to send you a new map.

Last edited by HighlyMedicated; 09-04-2017 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      09-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #1204
spoonf20c
let me see you become a ///Monster
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80

yeah started a support ticket with them just waiting to hear back. just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue. pretty weird..

Last edited by spoonf20c; 09-04-2017 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 09:29 PM   #1205
shoei
Banned
Rep

Anyone who's updated maps recently, do you get burbles when you go to change gears? I'm 6mt so unsure if it's just a manual thing or all versions thing... Just curious - all my older maps never did that...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 09:52 PM   #1206
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Yeah I actually was testing that with them back a few weeks to get that to work when they were revising burbles the last time.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 11:47 PM   #1207
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Yeah I actually was testing that with them back a few weeks to get that to work when they were revising burbles the last time.
Okay just wanted to make sure it wasn't an anomaly lol...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 01:42 AM   #1208
F80x
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Is there anything else we can expect from PTF that they have been working on for bootmod3?

Updated user tuneable burbles?
Features in beta?
Etc...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 02:05 AM   #1209
///MFlight81
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Just had my car jet dyno yesterday as advertised by PTF. Iam pushing 530 to the crank and 500 to the wheels. Question for members,with bootmod3 stage 2 tune octane set for 93 can I run higher octane? Iam thinking about 98-100. Do I need a new map for this? Any feedbacks greatly appreciated.
      09-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #1210
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Is there anything else we can expect from PTF that they have been working on for bootmod3?

Updated user tuneable burbles?
Features in beta?
Etc...
Yep working on those and will have some in beta very soon. Custom tuning editor release is just around the corner though for those looking to take matters into their own hands and get dirty with tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MFlight81 View Post
Just had my car jet dyno yesterday as advertised by PTF. Iam pushing 530 to the crank and 500 to the wheels. Question for members,with bootmod3 stage 2 tune octane set for 93 can I run higher octane? Iam thinking about 98-100. Do I need a new map for this? Any feedbacks greatly appreciated.
No issues running higher octane such as 98-100 with a lower octane map. At a road course all the octane and cooling you can get are always recommended. You won't make more power but you'll be nice to your motor given the beating that it goes through at a road course

=================

UPDATE: Version 0.9.28 pushed out to the Web and Google Play Store, iOS is under Apple's review and should be up in about 24 hours.

Changes in this release include:

- Diagnostic screen available now in offline mode, requires OBD Agent update (version 0.9.28)
- Space and performance optimization
- Enhanced Account Activation
- Updates for upcoming custom tuning and editor

We've started a Facebook group recently called 'bootmod3 enthusiasts' for those that prefer that format:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1995370330682747

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50