INDustry distribution
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-12-2019, 07:20 AM   #23
SMGCFP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4

Zero. It's bad enough I usually end up eating mileage. I get that the car you're looking at checks all the boxes for you, but I'd wait until my lease was up on the car I'm driving. I think there are cases where you may feel justified. All the advice on here is valid as there are no smart money decisions when it comes to cars. Especially these cars. Do what you want to do if you think you can afford it. People drop 15k on a trip to Disney and think that's money well spent.

I find some people want to get approval to make a decision they know isn't smart. Who cares what others think, and who cares if it's smart? If you want to do it, do it. I wouldn't, but I have in the past and it didn't sit right with me, so I never did it again.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #24
Robotechnology
RDF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80/JCW Clubman/Z4MC/STI

My answer is none by just having an additional car for the additional months. Unless the current car is some kind of econobox (and a 340 is not), use both. It will only cost insurance since youíre paying for the remaining payments anyway. You might be able to take a nice LONG road trip on the new M3 because you saved some mileage on it in the beginning.

Last edited by Robotechnology; 07-04-2019 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #25
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotechnology View Post
My answer is none by just having an additional car for the additional months. Unless the current car is some kind of econobox (and a 340 is not), use both. It will only cost insurance since you’re paying for the remaining payments anyway. You might be able to take a nice LONG road trip on the new M3 because you saved some mileage on it in the beginning.
I would've kept it and paid the insurance, but I have a bother daily/beater so not enough room for 3 plus my wife's car...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 07:27 AM   #26
edb4164
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW ///M4

I would eat the 3 payments. In the grand scheme of things, itís really not that much money compared to the money youíre saving with the deal on the M3. Iíve been searching for a while and good deals are somewhat hard to be had on the M3s. If you like the equipment and the car really sings to you, get it. Lifeís short.

I just bought an M4, while still having a lease on an X5 50i and I swear out of all the BMWs I ever owned or drove (about 9 total) the M4 takes it! Just an absolute blast to drive and I believe I obtained a great deal on the car.

For comparison, the one I purchased:
2017, 6,300 miles $53,000. No accidents, service records show everything done on-time to this point.
Mineral Gray
Sonoma Beige Extended Merino Leather
Double Clutch Transmission
Driver Assistance Plus
Executive Package
Lighting Package
Upgraded BMW 19Ē wheels
Carbon fiber trim
Apple Car Play
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 07:48 AM   #27
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edb4164 View Post
I would eat the 3 payments. In the grand scheme of things, it’s really not that much money compared to the money you’re saving with the deal on the M3. I’ve been searching for a while and good deals are somewhat hard to be had on the M3s. If you like the equipment and the car really sings to you, get it. Life’s short.

I just bought an M4, while still having a lease on an X5 50i and I swear out of all the BMWs I ever owned or drove (about 9 total) the M4 takes it! Just an absolute blast to drive and I believe I obtained a great deal on the car.

2017, 6,300 miles $53,000. No accidents, service records show everything done on-time to this point.
Mineral Gray
Driver Assistance Plus
Executive Package
Lighting Package
Upgraded BMW 19” wheels
Carbon fiber trim
Apple Car Play
Nice job. It really isn't that much especially if you are BUYING, the car. Because you are going to spend that money anyway whether it's now or in 3 months, if you have the money. That was my logic or more likely "justification" haha. Whatever. I got it and I'm happy
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #28
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshark View Post
Quote:
I would eat the 3 payments. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that much money compared to the money you're saving with the deal on the M3. I've been searching for a while and good deals are somewhat hard to be had on the M3s. If you like the equipment and the car really sings to you, get it. Life's short.

Mineral Gray
Driver Assistance Plus
Executive Package
Lighting Package
Upgraded BMW 19" wheels
Carbon fiber trim
Apple Car Play
Nice job. It really isn't that much especially if you are BUYING, the car. Because you are going to spend that money anyway whether it's now or in 3 months, if you have the money. That was my logic or more likely "justification" haha. Whatever. I got it and I'm happy
You got the 17 M3? Congrats! I think you made the right choice. By now I'm sure you are all smiles. I
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #29
icegrill
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Zero, "I don't lease, I buy the whole car like you should"
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #30
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshark View Post
Quote:
I would eat the 3 payments. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that much money compared to the money you're saving with the deal on the M3. I've been searching for a while and good deals are somewhat hard to be had on the M3s. If you like the equipment and the car really sings to you, get it. Life's short.

Mineral Gray
Driver Assistance Plus
Executive Package
Lighting Package
Upgraded BMW 19" wheels
Carbon fiber trim
Apple Car Play
You got the 17 M3? Congrats! I think you made the right choice. By now I'm sure you are all smiles. I
18!!!!

Ended up not going with that 17... I found this one that was essentially new ... 1100 miles cpo
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jmg7409.50