Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

03-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #23
RevNev
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post
Thanks for the concern. My wife drove her Range Rover along a post and bent the door badly. AAMI were good during the repair process and I was invited to choose from a number of dealer approved body shops ..
There aren't any BMW approved repairers in VIC or SA who are on AAMI's repairer network. (I just looked them up). The problem with AAMI is they can force you to use their repairer network and 2nd hand or non genuine parts where the RAA (SA) and Allianz don't.

That means when the repair process in accordance with the BMW body repair manual is a 20K job, the RAA and Allianz will allow the repair because BMW says that's how it must be done. AAMI will shop the job among their repair network for a cheaper job. Non BMW approved repairers don't have access to the BMW body repair manual, they don't have the required paint systems and tooling and they're not backed by BMW Australia. That's the difference between AAMI and other insurance companies who don't allow choice of repairer and the use of genuine parts over insurance companies who do.

Last edited by RevNev; 03-08-2019 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0