ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #23
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011zx10R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Rather get a Model 3 Performance. It's cheaper than a properly optioned M340i now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Rather get a Model 3 Performance. It's cheaper than a properly optioned M340i now.
I was at the mall yesterday.

Their is a section in the parking lot with about 15 charging stations.

I saw one lady in a Tesla reading a magazine as the car was charging.

Must be cool to have that kind of leisure and freedom. I was thinking she must be be retired and have no place to be.
But that would limit the buyer pool to retirees. During a week day a working professional or a busy working parent can't afford to just have a very long coffee. That has to change.

By the way, has an awesome rolling race with a dual performance Tesla 3 starting from about 70mph. Crushed him!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 08:33 PM   #24
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I'm on my 2nd week with a G20 330i loaner and I struggle to stay awake when I drive. It's just such a "regular" car compared to the M3 and M3CS. Here's the thing: I don't think a car has to be fast to be fun. It just has to have some character to it. The 330i is so competent, so smooth, it feels vanilla. Granted, I think the suspension is good, it handles fine on Mulholland Dr on the way home, but it doesn't inspire like the F8X. The pumped in audio is really fake and the sport modes feel fake. The transmission shifts fine, but there's that snappiness that is missing with the DCT. I honestly don't see the "updated" interior much of an upgrade. It's just new and different. The ergonomics of the F30/F80 are a bit better to be honest. The buttons on the center console are no longer identifiable by touch alone, the digital dash is boring. I just don't see myself in an G20.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 09:25 PM   #25
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

My g05 has amazing tech (same as g20) and the dash is offset to the driver and its a hell of a lot “safer” overall than the f85 but I think bmw lost something with all the tech. Just too many driver inputs needed to operate basic things... and that’s after a few months. The F80 I think will be the last M car that requires the least time with eye off the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #26
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

I considered going this route recently when I wasn't sure if the M2c will be acceptable for occasional family trips with a 2 year old and needed something to hold me over till the new M3 came out.

Test drove M340i. Lots of power but like other members have mentioned it's not M car level - transmission, exhaust (not that S55 sounds great during cold start), dynamics (only get the xdrive version here) and the interior.

Speaking of interior I don't think it's an improvement over the F80. The buttons on the center console moves together when you press one. It's not individually placed. The tech is "cool" but the SA stated the new Idrive is still a work in progress which I also read in many of the reviews.

We have a model S 100D in the family as well. To be honest, I don't see how it makes sense to consider the M340i over a model 3 performance when pricing is similar. The only factors being the M340i could be considered more
aesthetically pleasing though this is subjective or a person lives in the condo/appt/location and don't have access to charge overnight/consistently.

On the otherhand the new X5 is a great vehicle and the perceived quality of the interior is on another level compared to the previous gen.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #27
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

My other choice was a c63s, but they didn't have a hardtop convertible.
Appreciate 0