EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-12-2021, 10:58 AM   #1
Molarz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Need advice from members who have the Dinan Stage 1 S55 Flash software

HI guys
I’m trying to figure out from members what their personal experiences are if they have the S55 Dinan Stage 1 flash.... more specifically with issues such as rough idles, premature wear on components like electronic wastegate etc.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that the crank hub on a stage 1 tune might be ok.

Most of the issues reported were from the piggyback Dinan tunes.

The flash is relatively new being released in 2019 and may be limited in how many cars have the flash .... I’m considering it, but I don’t want something that has not been vetted and get into problems.

Any info and personal experiences would be helpful... I’ve only read thus far some M2 that had some issues.

Thanks guys... appreciate the help
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #2
rmanm4
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
The numbers for Stage 1 at $600 is amazing!

https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...ts/D900-S55-S1

Im not sure what to make of it for a stage 1. Would love to know how to compares to BM3
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2021, 11:57 AM   #3
G-Ram
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Zero experience with any tunes yet, but my research is kind of leading me to BM3
I like the idea of switch on the fly tunes for where I plan to travel with the car.

I get clean 94 here in BC, but AB is typically 91, with a very limited amount of stations carrying 93. So a 91 and a 93 stage 1 tune, while also retaining stock, is what I'm personally after...

Good luck with whichever tune you choose! I'll be doing the crank bolt capture for sure
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #4
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB F82 6MT

I just did the CarBahn stage 1 flash on my car several weeks ago and love it so far. CarBahn is Steve Dinan's new company. No issues whatsoever and excellent increase in power in all gears.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #5
Molarz
Private
Rep

thanks for commenting guys.

If I get the tune....Im planning to run it with the 91 octane tune since that fuel is readily accessible in my area. For that matter im not looking for a crazy increase in power but enough that is noticeable when I floor it, but conservative in that i can preserve my engine during light normal driving.... I’d like this tune if at all possible to perform rather stock without the glitches and hiccups that are sometimes experienced with tunes if that makes sense.
Looking at the Dinan since im planning on getting some of their other parts at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #6
6spd4lyfe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Don't you get more for your money with BM?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #7
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd4lyfe View Post
Don't you get more for your money with BM?
Yes, but Dinan parts are covered under the factory warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 09:08 PM   #8
G-Ram
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
Yes, but Dinan parts are covered under the factory warranty.
Only if your vehicle is currently under factory warranty coverage.
The ability to run a stage 1 upgrade, and be able to limit torque in gears if your choosing, has me thinking BM is going to get my money.
Tq limit gears 1-3, help moderate the abuse the crank hub takes in the range most likely to create problems.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:05 AM   #9
Molarz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Ram View Post
Only if your vehicle is currently under factory warranty coverage.
The ability to run a stage 1 upgrade, and be able to limit torque in gears if your choosing, has me thinking BM is going to get my money.
Tq limit gears 1-3, help moderate the abuse the crank hub takes in the range most likely to create problems.
I hear what you mean on the BM, I used to have the cobb accessport on my previous 3 series and although I liked the ability to be able to flash at command, I only used it to remove my software when I traded the car in..... therefore, the ability to flash and the cost savings (for me anyway) is a mute point.
So long as the Dinan software is a safe tune with rather stock oem driving characteristics, I’d be happy.
I’m guessing that most members on the forum probably don’t have the Dinan flash tune and had opted for another more aggressive tune if out of warranty.... so unfortunately I am out of luck in hearing experiences.
Appreciate 0