ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

04-10-2021, 07:39 PM   #1
Griffon
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Convertible F83

Minor disaster. I need a screw size.

I have a 2018 F83 and today I was replacing my M butttons with red ones. When I removed the screw that was holding on the button panel it fell and went into whatever alternate reality socks go to. It's probably under my seat but damn if I can find it. It's all reassembled and being held on pretty securely by that Y trim piece around the airbag but I don't want to leave it like that. I know it's a T20 head but does anyone know what size? I'm gonna head out tomorrow and try to find one. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 06:51 AM   #2
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Sorry I can’t be more specific, but BMW sells the screws for the steering wheel as a complete set, part number 32307848333. Check out item 7 here and pricing here.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2021, 08:17 PM   #3
Griffon
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Convertible F83

I ended up taking out the screw from the other side and trying to match it at Lowes. Found one that worked. It's not a Torx and I think the thread density (whatever that's called...threads per inch) is slightly different but it's in there and holding. The next time I go to the dealership I'll see if they'll give me one so it matches. Hopefully they won't also suggest that I buy that screw pack. Thanks for the advice!
Appreciate 0