R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-17-2021, 08:14 AM   #23
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzhatning View Post
hi thanks for the review, i'm kinda on the fence with this this catted dp, but i'm concerned about emission test and smell. Can u please share your exp with emission and smell?
Emission will depend on your state's laws , no smell from this downpipe per my experience

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 08:18 PM   #24
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
If you can fit spacers/defoulers then they'll probably work, IF you can fit them. Space is tight, but there are posts of guys who succeeded. I'm gonna try and flash to stock and drive until I get "ready lights" on the scanner, then go for stickers before the CEL comes on.

Jimmy, got a question about “defoulers”, so from the last time we talked I just turned my CEL off with my BM3. Didn’t think about it this weekend when I took my car into pass emissions…. They couldn’t pass it because the couldn’t read the CAT or O2 sensors. The machine says “Not Ready”. Have you figured out a way to get your car not throw a CEL? You mentioned defoulers, I don’t know what those are but I’d like to get the emissions on without throwing codes. Any ideas?

Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #25
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettjusmc View Post
Quote:
If you can fit spacers/defoulers then they'll probably work, IF you can fit them. Space is tight, but there are posts of guys who succeeded. I'm gonna try and flash to stock and drive until I get "ready lights" on the scanner, then go for stickers before the CEL comes on.

Jimmy, got a question about "defoulers", so from the last time we talked I just turned my CEL off with my BM3. Didn't think about it this weekend when I took my car into pass emissions…. They couldn't pass it because the couldn't read the CAT or O2 sensors. The machine says "Not Ready". Have you figured out a way to get your car not throw a CEL? You mentioned defoulers, I don't know what those are but I'd like to get the emissions on without throwing codes. Any ideas?

Thanks man!
I didn't go that route but a guy here recently did. Google up BimmerPost+defouler and you should find the post. They're from O'Reillys. I had to put cats back on and load my stock tune.
      09-13-2021, 12:20 AM   #26
TractionControlDelete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82-E92 M3-E46 M3-E30-S1K-330i

Garage List
2004 X5  [9.00]
2006 325i  [10.00]
2021 S1000RR  [9.50]
2006 330i  [7.75]
1986 325e  [10.00]
2005 M3  [7.40]
2009 M3  [8.63]
2018 M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jimmy, got a question about "defoulers", so from the last time we talked I just turned my CEL off with my BM3. Didn't think about it this weekend when I took my car into pass emissions…. They couldn't pass it because the couldn't read the CAT or O2 sensors. The machine says "Not Ready". Have you figured out a way to get your car not throw a CEL? You mentioned defoulers, I don't know what those are but I'd like to get the emissions on without throwing codes. Any ideas?

Thanks man!
I didn't go that route but a guy here recently did. Google up BimmerPost+defouler and you should find the post. They're from O'Reillys. I had to put cats back on and load my stock tune.
Here you go, friend:

Dorman 42009 spark plug non-fouler

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/i...5/76bbf7c4bb16

Had spacers with the Turner catted down pipes without any issues
Attached Images

https://youtube.com/@tractioncontroldelete

Last edited by TractionControlDelete; 09-13-2021 at 12:37 AM..
Appreciate 3
      09-13-2021, 06:37 PM   #27
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man!

Thanks Jimmy I spoke with Jake at ARM today and he is sending me their CEL delete kit. Explained what's causing the CEL. I should have it fixed soon. Thanks!
      09-13-2021, 06:38 PM   #28
garrettjusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82KPowers View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man!
Here you go, friend:

Dorman 42009 spark plug non-fouler

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/i...5/76bbf7c4bb16

Had spacers with the Turner catted down pipes without any issues
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man!

Thanks F82kpowers
      12-02-2023, 06:34 PM   #29
ItsPapa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Considering to buy the ARM catted DPs, are they still holding up good?

Im also very intrested in your suspension and spacers. What setup are you running? I have the same rims and will be installing 15mm spacers but I have not decided on lowering springs yet, and your setup looks amazing!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 07:17 AM   #30
fabulousprofound
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Hi everyone.

I have ARM catted downpipes on a BM3 stage 2 OTA tune. I was running catless downpipes for several years before with the o2 sensors coded off before this and finally couldn’t handle the smell, sound volume, etc. so I had to change. The person who I got the BM3 license from said I did not need to change the tune since it a 200 cell.

Recently I ended up with a CEL that won’t clear (see pic). I bought a new Bosch o2 sensor and I’m currently waiting for shop time to install it, but I was wondering if there is anything else I need to do for this to not happen again?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 10:55 AM   #31
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPapa View Post
Considering to buy the ARM catted DPs, are they still holding up good?
I would not be too worried about them holding up, we never had any issues with ARM downpipes breaking.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 11:43 AM   #32
ItsPapa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I would not be too worried about them holding up, we never had any issues with ARM downpipes breaking.
Thanks for the info.

Might reach out to you later down the road for a Valvetronic exhaust but i'll start with DP. My understanding was that Valvetronic used ARMs catted DP in their video, which is why I'd like setup for a potential upgrade down the road
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 12:24 PM   #33
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPapa View Post
Thanks for the info.

Might reach out to you later down the road for a Valvetronic exhaust but i'll start with DP. My understanding was that Valvetronic used ARMs catted DP in their video, which is why I'd like setup for a potential upgrade down the road
Sounds good

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 10:13 AM   #34
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

The downpipe on the drivers side is hitting a bolt. I’m not sure what bolt, it’s an e-torx bolt. I contacted them, waiting to hear back. From searching on this forum, it seems they are hit or miss. Maybe I just got a bad midpipe, hopefully they will make things right. We will see
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 10:39 AM   #35
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_of_fit View Post
The downpipe on the drivers side is hitting a bolt. I’m not sure what bolt, it’s an e-torx bolt. I contacted them, waiting to hear back. From searching on this forum, it seems they are hit or miss. Maybe I just got a bad midpipe, hopefully they will make things right. We will see
Let us know what they say

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 06:38 PM   #36
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes sir, I spoke to someone this morning and they said would address this asap. What that means I have no idea, but will keep everyone in the loop.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 10:11 PM   #37
WarMachineM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Could be a bolt from the transmission.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 10:49 PM   #38
McIntoshMotorSports
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80M3

Garage List
2016 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Yep, always had an issue with both my HFC & resonated ARM DPs. They either hit the subframe, that one bolt, or the flex section touches the heat shielding due to it being fairly wide. After a bunch of heat cycles and few more times adjusting the vbands I’ve gotten them to not touch at all but definitely doesn’t fit well the first time they’re mounted. Other downpipes wirh smaller flex sections from VRSF or MAD for example I’ve had zero issues with. You can get these to work, just requires a bit of finesse and unfortunately further readjustments overtime, likely more than once after initial install.
Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 07:47 AM   #39
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hello everybody just a quick update from ARM directly. Please see the image.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 07:50 AM   #40
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntoshMotorSports View Post
Yep, always had an issue with both my HFC & resonated ARM DPs. They either hit the subframe, that one bolt, or the flex section touches the heat shielding due to it being fairly wide. After a bunch of heat cycles and few more times adjusting the vbands I’ve gotten them to not touch at all but definitely doesn’t fit well the first time they’re mounted. Other downpipes wirh smaller flex sections from VRSF or MAD for example I’ve had zero issues with. You can get these to work, just requires a bit of finesse and unfortunately further readjustments overtime, likely more than once after initial install.
Hope this helps.

If this is the case, I am just going to tell them I’ll send them all their stuff back and get another downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 09:57 AM   #41
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you ever had any issues with the mad catted downpipes? Also do they perform and sound similar to the ARM Ones?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 10:34 AM   #42
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you ever had any issues with the mad catted downpipes? Also do they perform and sound similar to the ARM Ones?
0 issues

Both brands use 200 CEL cats; their flow and design are similar, and their performance and sound will be similar as well.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 12:01 PM   #43
Full_of_fit
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
0 issues

Both brands use 200 CEL cats; their flow and design are similar, and their performance and sound will be similar as well.
Awesome will see if I can flat out return them. I have bought things from you in the past. Can you please PM me the army veteran Price shipped to 75024? Also, is there a specific Extension to not get a EL?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 12:28 PM   #44
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome will see if I can flat out return them. I have bought things from you in the past. Can you please PM me the army veteran Price shipped to 75024? Also, is there a specific Extension to not get a EL?
dm sent

Appreciate 0